Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 10:14   #25741
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

It seems a two wheeler driver and a car driver drove for some time holding hands and finally lost control & crashed into a drain !!
Yes, they were on their way to celebrate their first Valentine's day together. It all happened when they decided to take the relationship to the next level. You know, it was a spur-of-the-moment decision.
jeeva is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 12:27   #25742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Yes, they were on their way to celebrate their first Valentine's day together. It all happened when they decided to take the relationship to the next level. You know, it was a spur-of-the-moment decision.
Looks like their relationship just went down the drain.

Their vehicles certainly did
honeybee is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 07:38   #25743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
It seems a two wheeler driver and a car driver drove for some time holding hands
Oh good grief... I get mad enough at 2-wheelers who think that the road is a good place to drive side-by-side having a casual chat. This is a whole new level of madness!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 08:21   #25744
Senior - BHPian

Ask per the Facebook post all passengers survived this accident on Tata Tigor. Looks to be XT model ( without airbags)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1518835815251.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1518835812306.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1518835809394.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1518835806709.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1518835804302.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1518835801726.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1518835798830.jpg

Last edited by DCEite : 17th February 2018 at 08:23.
DCEite is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 08:49   #25745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Ask per the Facebook post all passengers survived this accident on Tata Tigor. Looks to be XT model ( without airbags)..
The cabin appears to be intact and impact was taken well by the crumple zone. Seat belts would have saved the passengers looking at the frontal damage.
Old 18th February 2018, 07:42   #25746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
There was an accident today morning in Bengaluru at the NECE road EC exit towards Hosur. Accident involved an Etios.]
Another Etios accident on the NECE road, I spotted this 2-3 days back, this car is still lying near the BG road toll.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20180217_122403873.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 07:51   #25747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Another Etios accident on the NECE road, I spotted this 2-3 days back, this car is still lying near the BG road toll.
Etios is one of the most unsafe vehicles running on the road, thanks to the new generation cab drivers, it has made the matters worse.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 09:09   #25748
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, the vehicle is structurally not safe? Or some other reason here?
Old 18th February 2018, 12:25   #25749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Etios is one of the most unsafe vehicles running on the road, thanks to the new generation cab drivers, it has made the matters worse.

I'm not sure what you mean by unsafe but Etios did score a 4 star in Global NCAP testing.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20180218122514.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20180218122453.jpg

If you meant unsafe by being driven rashly by cabbies, then it's a different story altogether.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 18th February 2018 at 12:28.
BoneCollector is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 16:16   #25750
BHPian

It was Saturday morning, around 8 O clock, I was driving to my office in my 2012 Alto 800 LXI. It was a newly constructed 4 lane road, I was cruising at around 70-80 KMPH. Two cows were fightng on the divider. I saw them, and thought they might not come in my way so i continued in the same lane. But i was wrong, one of the cows pushed the other one and now one of them was just ahead of my car. I stood on the brakes, and the wheels started to skid. The left side of my car hit the cow hard. As soon as the car came to a stop, i got out to check the cow. Thankfully she was not much hurt, she stood up and ran away.

Soon, I heard people from nearby houses coming towards my car, so i decided to check the car later on and started my car and continued for approx 1 Km. After a while, stopped my car to check for damages. The bumper and left side head light broke. The bonnet and fender also suffered damages. I opened the bonnet and my heart sank. The radiator and condenser were bent, but there were no traces of coolant leak so i switched on the AC just to see if the fan works,, but the fan was stuck in the broken radiator shroud. The entire upper member was bent.

So i called up my senior whose house was just half a km away. I drove to his house with a cautious eye on the engine overheat indicator on the console. Parked my car in his house and we went to office in his car.
After reaching office, called up my SA in Ranchi- Mr. Dheeraj, He asked me about the condition of the car. After listening to me patiently, he said he will send some one with a new radiator, get the fan working and he will drive the car to Ranchi. Later he called up the authorised dealer in Bokaro, who sent two guys with a new radiator. I also started from office and reached the car in an hour. They removed the bumper and checked the radiator and fan. They brought a big iron rod (probably a gear lever of a truck), stuck it in the upper member and pulled it. The member slowly came to reasonable shape. Later they took out the broken pieces of the shroud and the fan started to work. After checking the fan function and coolant leak, they declared that i can drive to Ranchi.

I called up bhpian shashi and as always, he acted as my saviour and said- if the fan is working, start for Ranchi, I am also starting from Ranchi to Bokaro, we will meet halfway. With a guarantee of help midway I started for Ranchi at around 2 pm. Reached Gola at around 3 pm where Shashi was waiting for me with 5 lt of distilled water. 2 lt of MGO Coolant and his full tool kit. We checked the car again and started our journey. Mr Dheeraj took out time from his busy schedule and called me up twice to check whether the car is giving any problem.

With the pristine 5 speed in my IRVM, started from Gola and reached Ranchi by 4 30 pm. Went straight to service centre and Mr Dheeraj and the body shop incharge started to inspect the car. They came with a conclusion that the Bonnet, Bumper, Fender, LH Head light, radiator and condenser will be replaced. The upper member can be pulled out easily.
Left the car at the service centre and shashi dropped me home. Later on Sunday gave all the papers to National insuarnce company’s agent, who will get the claim processed. (I dont have Maruti Insurance). As of now the car is in the service centre awaiting the survey from NIC. Mr. Dheeraj’s team at Maruti Automobiles, Ranchi is ready for the repair work, they will start as soon as the claim gets processed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fe7b07d042f44232875581073ce3356d.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-eff7ec93470b4a9fa0692925c7e9370a.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-43ae929fcbe04a8aad38ac5c1b40aceb.jpeg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th July 2018 at 09:39. Reason: Para space added. Typo corrected.
sumitsinha0280 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 23:09   #25751
Team-BHP Support

Very sad accident today as a 73 year old Parsi gent passed away after meeting with an accident on his Kawasaki zx10r while riding from bbay to Pune. From what I've read on my riding group, he was a veteran rider very well accustomed to the route in question. Unfortunately, from some reports it seems like there was a brand new speed breaker at a particular spot that caught him off guard.

At some level, I feel the man was a truly passionate motorcyclist who passed away while doing what he perhaps loved most. But still a very very sad and poignant feeling as one comes to terms with the incident.

A stark reminder of the perils that can await on our roads at any given corner and how much higher the degree of care gets on a two wheeler.

I have seen some pics of the victim but I really don't have the heart to put them up here out of respect for the deceased.
Axe77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 00:09   #25752
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I got to know of the same today morning. Really very sad news. May his soul rest in peace!

The worst thing is an article in Mid-Day showing a pic of him being taken to the hospital. Journalism has gone to the dogs, seriously.

Here is a pic which Rehaan had shared here (Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars) :
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20180219120442391_com.android.systemui.png  

v12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 00:25   #25753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
Witnessed an accident and narrowly missed being a part of it myself.
Car could have stalled. It is the responsibility of people who follow to keep safe distance. If someone rear ends a car with working brake lights, it is the fault of the one following.

The ICE seems to have melted in the video. ICE is not a replacement for horn.

Last edited by noopster : 20th February 2018 at 08:18. Reason: Please do not quote a large post in its entirety. Makes things difficult for our small screen isers
YaeJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 09:36   #25754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
From the bent A Pillar, looks like another case of car gone under the truck and met the differential housing. That's basically the worse case scenario of any rear ending incident gone bad. Given the fact that the A Pillar is still in existence, its probably a less than 80 kph accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
:If you meant unsafe by being driven rashly by cabbies, then it's a different story altogether.
The ratings are provided for a car with 2 "functional" airbags. Don't know how many on the road here have them, the cabs surely do not, they repair their bumpers at local shops. Other than that its a nice sedan capable of 3 digit speeds that rides on thin rubber to make it economical. Add to this some enthusiastic driving style and abundantly available sand on the road, un-maintained tyres, it's braking distance is reduced dramatically. This is true for all small sedans and hatchbacks sold in the country, not just Etios.
Old 20th February 2018, 12:44   #25755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsinha0280 View Post
It -----------snip------sed.
Good call on driving away. In this day and age, you'd have been lynched there and then. And that's surprisingly little damage for hitting a bovine.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed