Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 16:35   #25861
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Brand New Face Lift I 20 Crash

I don't have any details. Got these images as WA forward.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0049.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0050.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0048.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0051.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 17:01   #25862
Senior - BHPian

I told him to floor the accelerator but he floored the engine instead!

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th March 2018 at 17:03.
Latheesh is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 18:30   #25863
Senior - BHPian

One person was killed and three received grevious injuries when the car they were traveling ploughed head on onto a tanker near Shirali. The impact was such that the tanker toppled over. The victims were returning from Sirsi after the jathra when the accident took place.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1520341128189.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1520341153935.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1520341172656.jpg  

Old 6th March 2018, 20:28   #25864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
the car they were traveling ploughed head on onto a tanker. The impact was such that the tanker toppled over.
I'm sure the collision with the Ertiga was not the sole cause of the tanker topple. These big boys are top heavy and prone to toppling on themselves without an Ertiga(or any other car) involved and toppling here is easily caused with a mixed concoction of hard braking and simultaneous swerving.

Here I think the tanker driver tried to avoid the collision as a natural reaction and ended up braking hardly while swerving at the same time and ended up in the bushes as a result. Of course the Ertiga might have helped him with a hard shove too aiding the momentum.

Now the one thing I'm scared of here is the " impact (with a MARUTI Ertiga) was such that the tanker toppled over" quote giving rise to a Maruti "build quality" long debate. Well, everyone is obviously free to have their opinion and on the same lines I wish to say that I believe that no matter how hard an Ertiga hits a tanker head-on, the tanker is very unlikely to topple because of it. We've all seen what happens to an MPV like an Ertiga the Innova, for example, when it even rear-ends a truck just some posts earlier. Just my two cents.

I can, however, imagine the possibility of a stationary tanker tipping over if a vehicle like the Ertiga t-bones it at very high speed. But it will end up being just a ball of metal after the stunt and not even recognizable as it is now.

Last edited by pixantz : 6th March 2018 at 20:31.
pixantz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 22:07   #25865
Senior - BHPian

Someone trying to commit suicide under a Bolero/Commander (not sure).

Driver took timely steps to be at low speeds to avoid crushing the person. He saved not only the other person but also himself from the police and legal issues later.

Some more accidents spotted online recently.

The accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. Please be cautious, careful and be aware of surroundings.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 6th March 2018 at 22:35.
tanwaramit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 22:31   #25866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5jxGWEoBE

Saw this on Youtube. Looks like one should be really lucky not to get into accidents while driving in our roads.
Thank god that the CCTV was on and was working. The car driver would have been in soup and would have been struggling to prove his innocence if this CCTV camera was faulty like it is in most of the cases in India.

The rider was plain stupid and is for sure not alone on the road.
HalfOctave is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 22:48   #25867
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Driver took timely steps to be at low speeds to avoid crushing the person. He saved not only the other person but also himself from the police and legal issues later.
That guy commited suicide within 10 minutes by jumping under a truck in Kottayam town. The people were shocked to witness him getting crushed live. He tried 3 times , the second one was by jumping in front of a Taurus, the driver of which braked just in time.
The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 23:17   #25868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
That guy commited suicide within 10 minutes by jumping under a truck in Kottayam town. The people were shocked to witness him getting crushed live. He tried 3 times , the second one was by jumping in front of a Taurus, the driver of which braked just in time.
Another reason a dashcam is an essential and not an optional device in this country. Car manufacturers in India should really look into adding them as an integrated device in the car, shouldn't cost them more than couple of thousands per car. Self precaution is the only way we can save ourselves from legal troubles here.
Yieldway17 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 01:33   #25869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Can't conceive of the agony or mental illness that caused this.

Nothing, though, justified inflicting one's death on others on the road, rail, etc.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 08:02   #25870
Senior - BHPian

A recent news of accident in Gujarat.

Quote:
AT LEAST 31 people were killed and as many injured when their truck fell off a bridge near Ranghola village of Bhavnagar district on the Rajkot-Bhavnagar state highway, early on Tuesday morning. According to police, around 60 people were travelling in the truck from Anida village to attend a wedding ceremony in Totam village of Botad district. The truck fell off a bridge near Ranghola at around 7:30 am.
News Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...nagar-highway/
Old 7th March 2018, 10:36   #25871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
Came across this today:

Seems like both were wearing seatbelts

Watch the video here:
https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/watch-i...ome-topstories
Seems to be a case of stunt gone wrong . The speed at which the car was approaching the intersection and the way it swerved , points to a possible stunt , where the driver seems to have applied the hand brake ! unless there is a tyre blowout , I see no other plausible reason for the vehicle behaving in the fashion it did .
Old 7th March 2018, 10:57   #25872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
For the Bolero incident, all one can say is it's probably a good idea to have a dash cam installed. All we had to worry about were people driving like maniacs, now we need to watch out for people trying to coming suicide.

The bus incident, the driver was clearly distracted trying to avoid the man crossing the road and completely missed the woman on the other side. Although the place seems to be a roundabout and the bus is taking a wrong turn, although I could be wrong!

The biker in CCTV footage is again something I always worry about. If he crashed into a car, the driver would be in some unwanted trouble without the help of a CCTV footage.

And then the Biker who actually crashed into the car, both of them should have just stopped. From the video it looks like the biker went around another trying to turn right. Seeing this confusion the car driver would have switched to his right not expecting the biker to recover and come back into his lane. Most of us would decide to act in a similar way but braking and stopping is probably the best solution.

Defensive driving is the best course of action with a dash cam. The ugly wire hanging all the time is what has stopped me from installing one so far.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 11:59   #25873
BHPian

This scooter just tipped and fell over at Parel. No apparent reason. Luckily the driver had a helmet and the passenger too seemed fine.

Watch it in full screen HD.

mikem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 12:39   #25874
Senior - BHPian

06th March 2018: Severe traffic jam after truck gets stuck under bridge, blocks road near Gandhi Market in Sion.The incident occurred around 5am when the truck was on its way to Dadar from Chembur.
07th March 2018: It also caused panic among students who were heading for their board exams and had got caught in traffic snarl.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0028.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0023.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0024.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0025.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0026.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180306wa0027.jpg

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 21:39   #25875
BHPian

Yesterday I drove from Guwahati to Nagaon & back (122 km one way). The roads are 4 lane & in good condition. On my way to Nagaon, I spotted a truck which had broken down on the fast line & the usual rocks, leaves were placed behind it (supposedly to warn other drivers). The truck had broken down just ahead of a slight curve, as it was day time I could spot the truck & change lanes easily. While returning to Guwahati at around 7:00 pm we saw a traffic jam around that area. A WagonR had crashed in the back of that very truck, though I couldn't find the driver of the WagonR, the windscreen didn't have any marks of a head impact. So, I guess the WagonR driver was okay.

Most of the people that had gathered around the accident spot were blaming the WagonR , claiming that the WagonR guy was speeding. Anyways, I got hold of a Policeman who had arrived at the scene & had a word with him. I told him that the truck since the afternoon was parked in the fast lane without any warning. The driver was lucky to have been driving a WagonR, which has a tall bonnet line. Any low slung car, like the ZEN I was driving would have surely gone under the truck. I personally don't prefer to drive during night time on our unpredictable highways.

The photo I clicked of the Accident:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wagonr-accident.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 7th March 2018 at 21:41.
chiranjitp is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed