Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 15:12   #30361
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I have a feeling that he was practicing cornering there and after the fall he went back to his bunch of road ricers.
Yup that's why he put a DMC wing and lighter wheels recently to provide more downforce, sadly the car had enough of him.

Last edited by ajmat : 12th February 2020 at 22:02. Reason: editing quoted post
Old 12th February 2020, 15:56   #30362
Senior - BHPian

Bentely crashes in Bangalore.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...648-2020-02-12

One of the news paper read there were two separate incidents of Lamborghini crashes in Bengaluru on same day. While the one is already discussed here, other appears to be a Bentley. The alleged driver was already on bail!
Old 12th February 2020, 17:24   #30363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Thankfully (for him) the others were not so eager for a quick acceleration. Else, he would have had it much worse.
Agree, he is ultra lucky that his pals did not jam the pedal, else it would have been much worse for him and for innocent bystanders. This particular intersection is pretty crowded with pedestrians due to the proximity of the Metro station. Just sheer luck that he did not collect anyone under his wheels as he rammed the kiosk.
Old 12th February 2020, 21:22   #30364
BHPian

Judging by the pictures it seems An overtaking gone wrong

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-goa_01.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-goa_02.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-goa_03.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 12th February 2020, 21:23   #30365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post

At the moment of the accident, the owner of the car abandoned the vehicle and fled from the scene and also removed the registration plates of the vehicle so that it cannot be traced back to him.

On closely watching the video, It looks like the car was driven without number plate.
sram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 23:18   #30366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Bentely crashes in Bangalore.

One of the news paper read there were two separate incidents of Lamborghini crashes in Bengaluru on same day. While the one is already discussed here, other appears to be a Bentley. The alleged driver was already on bail!
Mohd. Nalapad is a disgrace to humanity, and our modern society. He motivates other rich kids of politicos that they can get away with anything. He should also be tried for bribing someone to go take responsibility for the crash he caused. My heart goes out to the biker who was injured here. It sucks to be him!
GutsyGibbon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 23:23   #30367
BHPian

Taken from the Hyderabad Traffic Police Twitter feed.

A scooterist causes in coming two wheeler to crash into a vehicle and takes down a pedestrian as well. Although to be very frank, not sure why the pedestrian was trying to the road there.

Video link:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20200212_230825.jpg  

Old 12th February 2020, 23:33   #30368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post

A scooterist causes in coming two wheeler to crash into a vehicle and takes down a pedestrian as well. Although to be very frank, not sure why the pedestrian was trying to the road there.
Well, traffic police itself should be blamed first for dangerously putting those barricades there blocking the fast lane. (Traffic police or whichever authority put them at there).
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 00:14   #30369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A scooterist causes in coming two wheeler to crash into a vehicle and takes down a pedestrian as well.
If the police blame the person in green shirt, I seriously doubt the analytical skills of the police. The 2-wheeler, instead of crashing into the 4-wheeler, should have slowed down if there was no space to go ahead.
msdivy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 07:14   #30370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The 2-wheeler, instead of crashing into the 4-wheeler, should have slowed down if there was no space to go ahead.
As per latest amendments sought by such "2 Wheeler Riders' Welfare Association", they shall be exempted from applying brakes to slow down in such situations and instead find the smallest of gaps and sneak through by blipping their throttle and changing lanes. At the same time, the other vehicles including cars and trucks are mandated to make way for such 2 wheelers no matter what and not only be responsible drivers but also exhibit example of a good human being who cares for others' lives!
paragsachania is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 08:09   #30371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
If the police blame the person in green shirt, I seriously doubt the analytical skills of the police. The 2-wheeler, instead of crashing into the 4-wheeler, should have slowed down if there was no space to go ahead.
Next the blame would be on the Ecosport driver who was minding his business.

This is the main reason I honk even if it annoys people around, when there is a two wheeler around my front corners as experience has taught me 4 out 5 riders would move lanes without checking what is next to them and then behave like they did the right thing.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th February 2020 at 09:23. Reason: thought = taught. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thank You!
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 08:55   #30372
Senior - BHPian

There's way too many wrongs in that short video that is considered normal in India - from the road logistics to the pedestrian to the bikers.
The pedestrian appears to have serious head injury. I seriously think as pedestrians we need to start wearing helmets on Indian roads.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:07   #30373
BHPian

Quote:

Would anyone have a google maps location of this location? From the looks of it, it appears to be a T- junction. If that's true, the biker in the green outfit is positioned to travel against the flow of traffic. Further, the other vehicles also seem to be positioned rather strangely, pointing in one direction with their wheels pointing in another. If they were to turn right to join the road, they would do so on the fast lane. Is there a pedestrian crossing in the vicinity?
Old 13th February 2020, 09:28   #30374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Well, traffic police itself should be blamed first for dangerously putting those barricades there blocking the fast lane. (Traffic police or whichever authority put them at there).
I don't see too much wrong with placing the barriers. I think the purpose of those things are to make it difficult for people like the person wearing the green shirt from going the wrong way.

I may be totally wrong, but it looks like a U-turn or T-junction which merges to the rightmost lane. If that were the case, I think that there should have been more barriers, at least till both lanes merge. With the way our roads are maintained, I would not be surprised if such barriers were in place initially, and not repaired/replaced after they were damaged.

Last edited by KL01toKA03 : 13th February 2020 at 09:31.
Old 13th February 2020, 09:29   #30375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
This turn is actually rather funny and poorly engineered. In the sense, lanes don't smoothly turn. They sort of get mixed up. Particularly for those on extreme right - like the poor Lamby in this case.

The guy hit it off only to realize he is heading into bunch of waiting cars on the other side. He over-corrects his mistake and ends up where he eventually did!
There is something called as brakes which the lamby has in plenty.Which the driver did not use along with his mind. If he had just dabbed the brakes the car would come to a complete halt in a couple of meters. Blaming poor road surface for the the driver's lack of ability to control the car is not not right. Thousands of vehicles pass that particular junction(including me) daily and i have not experienced any such lack of control even once. It is wholly the drivers responsibility if he is not able to control the car at low speeds even if the road lanes are not even.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed