Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:35   #31816
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

While I do not have any pictures, I would like to comment on the section on the Pune-Bengaluru highway from Khed Shivapur toll onwards almost till Khambatki ghat. I went for a quick drive this Sunday to check out the highway feel for my new Creta, and boy, I was more glad that I bought the Creta for its bad road comfort. There are sections which have been in bad condition for YEARs together, never have been improved. And each year, monsoons only make things worse. While the Honble Union Minister pulled up NHAI recently in a media event , what would he comment on this situation which has never been taken earnestly for completion ? There are potholes that appear out of nowhere, that can break a car's axle if driven over at highway speed. This is beyond ridiculous. Maharashtra is my home state, but I will again say with emphasis, has the most pathetic road conditions relative to its so-called economic prowess.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 21:52   #31817
Senior - BHPian

Unless law is strictly applied this kind of behaviour will continue

Delhi Police Constable Run Over by BMW for Stopping Driver from Celebrating Birthday on Road

Quote:
"When both the constables signaled them to stop, the car driver tried to hit constable Ankur. He jumped and saved himself. The driver then his car on Ct Jitender with the intention to kill him and ran over his car which crushed his legs," said DCP Meena.

The car was chased and found that it had hit a juice corner near Umer Masjid on Khadar Mod. One person was also found injured at this spot.

"During the inspection of the car, it was found that door of the car was open. Beer bottle was lying inside the car. Airbags were also open," said DCP Meena.
Old 6th November 2020, 09:20   #31818
BHPian

First major accident reported on newly inaugurated Durgam Cheruv cable bridge in Hyderabad. A new Dzire overturned due to tyre blast.

Old 6th November 2020, 09:49   #31819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
A new Dzire overturned due to tyre blast
Tire blast, sure!

The fast track judgement in case of every accident these days by media and the investigating authorities.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 10:44   #31820
Senior - BHPian

If you observe that video carefully and over different segments of the video where tyres are visible , you’ll see that None of the tyres look damaged. They all look fine to me.

Even when the vehicle was pushed back to its standing position it behaved as though the tyres had the right level of air pressure. Wonder how they concluded this as a tyre blast.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 10:45   #31821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Tire blast, sure!

The fast track judgement in case of every accident these days by media and the investigating authorities.
A tyre blast after which the tyre still managed to retain its shape. That's Indian media for you today. Much worse than watching a serial.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 12:03   #31822
BHPian

The default reason for any accident- tyre burst .

For me, the default reason for any accident- The moron behind the wheel.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 12:05   #31823
BHPian

From this picture, it does look like a tyre burst case. They have installed numerous CCTV cameras on this bridge and the traffic Police do share footage from these cams from time to time, I am wondering why they have not released any video this time around.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg

Last edited by tchsvy : 6th November 2020 at 12:07.
tchsvy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 12:49   #31824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
A tyre blast after which the tyre still managed to retain its shape. That's Indian media for you today. Much worse than watching a serial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Tire blast, sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
If you observe that video carefully and over different segments of the video where tyres are visible , you’ll see that None of the tyres look damaged. They all look fine to me.

Even when the vehicle was pushed back to its standing position it behaved as though the tyres had the right level of air pressure. Wonder how they concluded this as a tyre blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
From this picture, it does look like a tyre burst case. They have installed numerous CCTV cameras on this bridge and the traffic Police do share footage from these cams from time to time, I am wondering why they have not released any video this time around.

Attachment 2076977

As BHPian tchsvy posted, one of the front tyres (front driver side) was missing in the screenshot from the video I previously posted, the tyre might have hit divider and it might have led to the tyre blast, I'm surprised to see that no CCTV footage of this accident is available on social media till now as this new suspension bridge is equipped with surveillance cameras everywhere and Hyderabad traffic police release videos of offenders very frequently (people stopping their vehicles on this bridge for selfies, etc)
WhiteSierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 13:09   #31825
Senior - BHPian

This is what a burst tyre would look like. In the above scenario, the tyre has come off the wheel, but it doesn't look like a burst tyre to me. One probable scenario is that the tyre hit the parapet leading to a loss of tyre pressure and coming off the wheel. I'm assuming its a tubeless tyre given that its a new Dzire.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tyreburst_0.jpg  

longhorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 15:17   #31826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
From this picture, it does look like a tyre burst case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
.... In the above scenario, the tyre has come off the wheel, but it doesn't look like a burst tyre to me. One probable scenario is that the tyre hit the parapet leading to a loss of tyre pressure and coming off the wheel. I'm assuming its a tubeless tyre given that its a new Dzire.
I would agree - not a burst tyre, but something causing the tyre to come unmounted from the wheel. Rapid pressure loss due to hitting the curb very hard is possible. Another possibility is a mechanical fault with suspension/steering components, leading to the wheel turning at an unnatural angle, hence the tyre just rips off the wheel. Either way, this would lead to one front wheel "digging in", hence the car flips over.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 19:52   #31827
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hi,

Would like to share this as it involves a fatality. From what I came to know, two girls were in the Q7 with one of them being the driver and the car was being driven at more than 120 kmph on the Ajmeri Gate flyover. It rammed into a police constable's bike, post which he fell from the bridge to his death.

Source:

https://www.aajtak.in/amp/india/raja...674-2020-11-06

The car is registered to Soni Hospitals. IMHO, there's no way you can crash on that bridge as it's pretty much straight without any sharp curves. This is highly a case of speeding and sheer negligence.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot-20201106-194934.png
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 20:49   #31828
BHPian

In a shocking development in the Audi Q7 accident case, Jaipur police have let off the accused, allowing her to leave the police station without even registering an FIR. The accident claimed the life of a youngster in Jaipur's Sodala.

The accused, Neha Soni, was allowed to leave the police station along with her relatives on Friday. Jaipur Police gave Soni permission to return home without even registering an FIR in connection with the case.

Investigating Officer (IO) Raghunandan told India Today that kin of the deceased youth are yet to arrive from Rajasthan's Pali district. A case will be registered after they arrive in Jaipur, the IO added.

Responding to questions about how the accused was allowed to leave without the police even registering an FIR in the case, IO Raghunandan was evasive and left the police station himself. He claimed that his presence was required at another location.

In the horrific accident on the elevated road in Jaipur's Sodala, an Audi Q7 car hit a youth going for constable recruitment examination in Jaipur's Sodala on Friday morning. Available information suggests that the car was being driven at high speed.

There were two girls, including Neha Soni, present in the car at the time of the accident.

The impact of the collision can be ascertained from the fact that when the car hit him, the youth was tossed to the terrace of a house. He was rushed to the hospital with a broken leg and other injuries. A resident of Rajasthan's Pali district, the youngster succumbed to injuries on Friday.

Police doing it's duty for the rich as usual
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20201106wa0018.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20201106wa0019.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 21:06   #31829
BHPian

Sometimes I wonder that if only Maruti was allowed to make and sell those "Tin Can, Thin sheet metal" cars in India, people would be more careful (?) while driving? Because since you are not in a "armour" you would care for how fast and rash you are driving. For yourself atleast if not for other's sake.
RavSam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 21:13   #31830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Sometimes I wonder that if only Maruti was allowed to make and sell those "Tin Can, Thin sheet metal" cars in India, people would be more careful (?) while driving? Because since you are not in a "armour" you would care for how fast and rash you are driving. For yourself atleast if not for other's sake.
Unnecessary. It's not as if Maruti drivers drive more carefully due to them being "tin cans" (SMH), and vw tata drivers do the other thing. There are idiots everywhere. They're capable of being careless and dead in either. In fact, I can bet that none of the people in this thread went and had an accident, with the thought of their cars being "tank like" in their minds. Nope. Just idiots, or maybe a Schumacher complex.
mayankk is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed