Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2020, 16:30   #32101
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
From Facebook, Hope she is fine.

Attachment 2093921
She seems perfectly fine, she just posed for a pic and would have walked back into the greenery!
svsantosh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 18:16   #32102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Teen was 19 year old driving a GLE 43 AMG under the influence of alcohol, jumped the divider at 2:30am and hit the scooter head on.

Bone chilling video.
It is hightime that cars come equipped with a sensor to detect alcohol from a driver's breath. Breathalyzers are available for less than 500 Rs. Car makers need to integrate these in the interior design. Sad for the victim.
Cessna182 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 18:50   #32103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
It is hightime that cars come equipped with a sensor to detect alcohol from a driver's breath. Breathalyzers are available for less than 500 Rs. Car makers need to integrate these in the interior design. Sad for the victim.
Our genius drivers will find out some tricks to fool the sensors, like putting a mask on.

Really unfortunate that the delivery man, who was nowhere at fault, was the victim of such driving. May the almighty help his family.

When I ride a two wheeler, I always make it a point to be on the left side of the road. I really get uncomfortable when I see the two wheelers riding in the rightmost lane or right in the middle of the road. Not only it can get dangerous at times, it is hampering the smooth flow of traffic. I get into the right lane at times for a safe and quick overtaking but do get back to left lane.

And if the road is empty, then I certainly take the left lane on a two wheeler. This keeps the right lane free for faster cars / vehicles.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 19:12   #32104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
And if the road is empty, then I certainly take the left lane on a two wheeler. This keeps the right lane free for faster cars / vehicles.
Vehicle jumping divider and landing on the opposite side is my biggest concern on my highway drives. I try to stick to middle and left lane wherever possible, that might allow an extra second to manoeuvre. Self preservation is the key. Two wheeler riders should try to stay on left of the road as far as feasible for own safety.

RIP the departed soul.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 20:12   #32105
BHPian

Very tragic and unfortunate accident(s). 4 people tried to help / save an accident victim (the biker whom a car hit), but a speeding lorry crushed and killed these 4 people and the biker (the accident victim)

Andhra Pradesh: Five died, one injured in road accident

ANANTAPUR: In a tragic incident, five persons died on the spot and one severely injured after a lorry ran over them while they are helping an accident victim. According to the sources, the accident took place in Raghavampalli village near Bathalapalli in which a car hit a motorbike. The people near the accident spot rushed to help the accident victim but unfortunately, a speeding lorry rammed into the group of people who are helping the accident victim. The car and lorry drivers escaped from the accident scene. After getting the information, the police rushed to the spot and sent the bodies to the hospital for autopsy. Police filed a case and investigation is on progress.

Old 19th December 2020, 20:50   #32106
BHPian

After few years of driving in our roads and seeing all the posts here, I now believe our country’s drivers do not deserve good roads. We deserve the back breaking pothole filled roads where one cannot exceed 30kmph like in the yore.

I’m tired with all the shenanigans our riders and drivers do on the roads without even following the basic courtesy of sharing the road.

Just today encountered a punctured truck stopped on middle of the rightmost and middle lanes of a 3-lane road on a slight curve taking out 2 travel lanes to work on the puncture. All he bothered to do was to hang some broken branch on the back of his truck. He didn’t bother to even get the truck to one of the wide shoulders on both sides. I don’t know what kind of entitlement these morons have to behave like this.

As someone who wish to see modern expressways and highways in our country to drive on, our drivers have made me hate the pleasure of driving.
Yieldway17 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 05:39   #32107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
HI All

Just thinking if we as teambhpians can take some sort of initiative(like a meet or a ride/ drive)to educate people on the importance of road safety. Would request your inputs on the same.

Sushil N
Hello

This would be really a great initiative on the part of team bhp. Educating the road users was undoubtedly the obligation of the DL issuing authorities. Thanks to our system, the reality is quite far from the ideal case.

As a community of responsible petrolheads, we can use our platform and carry out training programs on traffic manners, road safety, lane discipline etc. A drive/ride around the city would definitely be effective. Also, setting up a stage possibly at a mall and involving the public to learn these concepts in an interactive way would render better results.

The first benefit would be that our members themselves will become better road users. Secondly, every drop counts in making a river. This is better translated as "Qatre Qatre se dariya banti hai". Therefore, our effort will definitely have a positive outcome on all road users.

I request Senior Bhpians and moderators to think over this suggestion. If feasible, we can start with metros and spread up to every city across the length and width of India.

Regards
2TR-FE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 14:18   #32108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TR-FE View Post
As a community of responsible petrolheads, we can use our platform and carry out training programs on traffic manners, road safety, lane discipline etc. ... ... ... I request Senior Bhpians and moderators to think over this suggestion. If feasible, we can start with metros and spread up to every city across the length and width of India.
The content is here already. Plenty of it!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 17:09   #32109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Very tragic and unfortunate accident(s).
While trying to help an accident victim, we should first ensure we ourselves are highly visible and will be out of harm's way. Especially if it is a highway and it is night time. Send a lookout a couple of hundred meters from the accident site to signal and warn oncoming vehicles.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 22:38   #32110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The content is here already. Plenty of it!
Yes, you are right.

What I want to suggest is that the people who have no idea what's going on in this thread needs to be educated too. This has to be done in public places for a better outreach.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st December 2020 at 15:51. Reason: Typo fixed.
Old 21st December 2020, 17:03   #32111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TR-FE View Post
... This has to be done in public places for a better outreach.
We are a sharing forum, not an evangelising organisation. None the less, Team-BHP is well-known and has a reach far beyond its actual membership.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 22:55   #32112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Teen was 19 year old driving a GLE 43 AMG under the influence of alcohol, jumped the divider at 2:30am and hit the scooter head on.Bone chilling video
The fact that both the Merc driver side and the Activa has been crushed like a papad hints at extremely high speeds by Merc and possibly the other vehicle too. An year ago I had an unfortunate accident of being hit by a Food delivery bike who jumped turn signal resulting in a frontal collision with my Activa. The Activa held pretty well with just dents even though the Bajaj 125cc bike driven by the Food delivery guy had major damages to the front. For such a solid bike to be smashed up like pancake, brings me the jitters.
venbas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:37   #32113
Senior - BHPian

Very unfortunate accident. Should not central locking system disabled after a crash or there should be a manual override?

5 Burnt To Death As Car Catches Fire After Collision With Truck: Police

Quote:
Agra, Uttar Pradesh: Five people were burned to death on Tuesday after their car caught fire after colliding with a tanker truck carrying diesel on the Yamuna Expressway near Uttar Pradesh's Agra, police said.

The truck took a wrong turn while moving at a high speed, following which the car heading to Lucknow from Agra collided with it, Etmadpur Deputy Superintendent of Police Archana Singh said.

People in the car got trapped inside after the crash because of its central lock system, she said.
RIP the departed souls.
Old 22nd December 2020, 16:05   #32114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Very unfortunate accident. Should not central locking system disabled after a crash or there should be a manual override?
Quote:
People in the car got trapped inside after the crash because of its central lock system, she said.
This could be just off-the-cuff theory from a not-well-informed police person. My off-the-cuff response is that is is more likely the doors jammed as a result of deformation in the accident.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 20:41   #32115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
.... My off-the-cuff response is that is is more likely the doors jammed as a result of deformation in the accident.
Ideally every car door should have a manual mechanical override that would enable to door to be opened should the electric system fail.

Unfortunately, there are many cars in our market whose locking mechanism are electrically powered and don't have a manual/mechanical override. (Eg: Palio had them, there was a mechanical link between the lock and the lever. Sure it would autolock, but it could always be 'mechanically' unlocked from inside).
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks