Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2021, 11:30   #32641
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
End result - Driver paid for the tow truck. I have his contact and insurance details, and thankfully I have 0 dep insurance, so I let the insurance company sort it out.
Sorry to hear about this.

One hopeful solution to these road menaces would be when insurance companies take on the fight. Ideally it is the Wagon R's insurance that need to get hit. This followed by years of insurance recovery time for the miscreants would help drive in some road sense to them
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 11:43   #32642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Sorry to hear about this.

One hopeful solution to these road menaces would be when insurance companies take on the fight. Ideally it is the Wagon R's insurance that need to get hit. This followed by years of insurance recovery time for the miscreants would help drive in some road sense to them
I really really hope this is the case and the insurance companies hike premiums and make these drivers culpable.

While I was angry at the driver, I was thinking, he was using a phone and driving with no regard for the vehicle occupants (2 kids + wife + his parents, none wearing seatbelts). The next time he drives on a highway and rear ends a truck or bus, the whole family will be killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Glad to see that you got away without any serious injuries. I had once witnessed a bus rear-end a bike at red light onto a busy intersection and ever since if I am on a two wheeler I stick to the sides at the traffic lights and keep an eye on the rear mirror for morons.

Woah ! That is almost the price of that dude's Wagon R. Anyways do post a separate thread on the repair/restoration of the bike. Hope she will be up and running fine again soon.
Trackday, I was on the extreme left side of the road as I was going to turn shortly towards my office. Bike is ok, just waiting for parts from Ducati to get shipped and get fixed. Will take 1 month.

Last edited by no_fear : 9th April 2021 at 11:53.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 12:01   #32643
BHPian

Quote:
2. Police officers were extremely rude and just blamed me for riding an "expensive" bike. Said if I want to ride a bike, do it at my own palace.
What a bunch of 'c-words'. This is some cheap roadside gangster behaviour by public servants.

They knew that you weren't gonna cough up their bribe, which they would extort from the WagonR owner. Hence they chose to not help you.
Old 9th April 2021, 20:49   #32644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
A fatal accident in Bangalore where a drunk driver (as per reports) crashed into the side with parked bikes. One biker who was getting ready to leave died in the accident. Not able to get further details.
The biker was not wearing a helmet.
Linking to the video as it is a fatal crash (not gory as the crash happens off screen mostly)

http://www.thewiseherb.com/crashes/2...es-into-bikes/
It was really hard to digest for me that it was very last few minutes for that biker in that video. Apparently, he would have also not thought that it was his last few minutes on this earth!
gabrielthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 23:39   #32645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
I had once witnessed a bus rear-end a bike at red light onto a busy intersection and ever since if I am on a two wheeler I stick to the sides at the traffic lights and keep an eye on the rear mirror for morons.
This has happened to me! couple of years back. The culprit was an interstate -KSRTC bus. I had stopped at the KRpuram hospital junction - at a red light - fortunately for me, the bus was in low speed, and I moved forward my 2 wheeler just in the nick of time, seeing the bus looming in my rearview mirror.. still, the tail lamp of my bike was smashed by the hit.

As usual, the people gathered around and the driver first started accusing me of stopping - I scolded him nicely and he backed off. The conductor came out and tried to pacify me and asked me to let go and not create ruckus. Since I was in a hurry, I didn't want to spend too much time with this and moved on thanking God that nothing serious happened.

After this, I try to avoid being first in the signal. If such a situation happens, I become super alert and try to move to the side of the road.
haria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 17:27   #32646
BHPian

Someone forwarded this you tube video wherein a guy seems to be totally berserk and driving like hell in Indore, obviously DUI, and there is whole bunch of guys chasing him. I don’t know if he was caught, he would be since his car registration was copied. I think a lot people were hurt by his driving. If caught It would be good if he is locked up and the keys thrown away, people like him are a menace and danger to the society.

Mods: If this has been posted earlier kindly delete, thanks
sparky@home is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 23:27   #32647
BHPian

Quote:

To add salt to my wounds, the cops at the intersection came over and blamed me for riding a bike. Said I should know better and drive a car.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from this so-called public servants.
Will a helmet cam help in these cases?

That said it is always easy to be intelligent in hindsight!
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 18:02   #32648
BHPian

Quote:
I have 0 sympathy for the errant driver. Texting and driving in NCR is a menace. This is so sad that 2 innocent lives were lost due to the callous actions of one person.
The same thing happened to me in January. I was returning home from Morbe dam, I entered Mumbai, took the BKC route, stopped at a red light in the middle lane, in a few seconds I hear a car screeching and comes and rams into my D390, the tyre hugger took majority of the brunt. I landed on my back, bike slides up ahead, I get up and it was WagonR that rammed into me and it turns out to be a uber. I confronted him, he said brake didn't engage, after taking my bike to the side and looking at him putting his front bumper back in place (more than half the bumper was hanging) I'm like let it be his damage was more than mine. My bike was a broken foot peg and the holder. Two guys on scooter zip tied the foot peg assembly in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20210412_174955.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th April 2021 at 15:16. Reason: Punctuation space. Quoted post is large. Thanks.
Dhruv Shetty is online now   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 13th April 2021, 07:57   #32649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
The same thing happened to me in January, I was returning home from Morbe dam, I entered Mumbai took the BKC route stopped at a red light in the middle lane
Very sad to hear your D390 take a pounding. I hope you are ok and no injuries. I had the same model and sold it off coz it got rear ended by an Uberwala at a petrol pump. Broke my wrist and had a steel plate inserted after the bike fell on my hand.

There should be a special place in hell for those stupid Uber drivers with their Wagon R and Dzire models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from this so-called public servants.
Will a helmet cam help in these cases?

That said it is always easy to be intelligent in hindsight!
Had my gopro but it was switched off. Never expected to get hit from the back.

Delhi cops are specimens, irrespective of video recordings, their behavior doesn't change. They will ask you to shut off the go pro and then demand bribe.
Old 13th April 2021, 08:52   #32650
BHPian

Quote:

Had my go-pro but it was switched off. Never expected to get hit from the back.
Off-topic, can you tell me how you have mounted the Go-Pro.
Is it also a little bit of hassle to remove and place it every time?

How do you protect yourself from it being stolen?

I am planning to get 1 for my bike (Suzuki Gixxer SF ) after reading your narrative
Old 13th April 2021, 11:25   #32651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Off-topic, can you tell me how you have mounted the Go-Pro.
Hi Darkkid85, My go pro is attached to my helmet using a chin mount. You can look up chinmounts on Amazon or even ali express.

Its just the plastic mount attached to helmet with 3M stickers. I used the 3M double sided tape to strengthen the attachment to the helmet.

you can check this link to get an idea of the various possibilities

https://ridetechmoto.com/
Old 14th April 2021, 14:55   #32652
BHPian

What guts the driver should have to do something like this. I feel for the Creta owner, he had to pay a hefty price for no fault of his. I wish the driver is charged with attempt murder

vvivek85 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 15:21   #32653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
What guts the driver should have to do something like this. I feel for the Creta owner, he had to pay a hefty price for no fault of his. I wish the driver is charged with attempt murder

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=1BOukeci1JA&t=85s
I can no longer read Hindi. But from the video itself there is something off here. The guys on scooty seemed to intentionally ram the car after they both came to a stop.

Post that they didn't even try to check their own scooter rather went directly for the car drivers side window.

I really hope the Creta owner doesn't suffer because of this.
JithinR is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 15:53   #32654
Senior - BHPian

There is no justification for the City driver's action but the only bright part is that these two miscreants will think thousand times prior to involving in an act of hooliganism. I am hope these two chaps are scared for life.
BANDHAV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 16:04   #32655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
The scooter rider's action is very suspicious. A desolate street, snatching or robbery could be the motive. The way they lunged at the car is also very suspicious. Had I been in car, I don't know what my reaction would have been. In all this, the poor Creta fellow will bear the burnt. And the way it's being presented on screen, it says that the Activa riders were asking why the car driver was driving rashly. That's twisting the facts.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks