Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 00:25   #32896
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=-8s-36VShaQ

Don't know if this has been posted here earlier or not, but this biker is your run-of-the-mill idiot whose license should've been suspended for general road safety. If this was a 4-wheeler instead of a bike, it would've been a carnage.
Its captured by me 2015 during my Leh visit. It was really scary to witness but no one was hurt.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 12:46   #32897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
Chassis was not made of paper. This is a crash involving a later model Passat that was T-boned by another Passat. The car split into 2 and all occupants survived with minor injuries.
The VW factory was not concerned and said the car was built that way as a safety feature.
If this is built as a safety feature, then how would it behave if it was EV with the solid battery in the floor? Auto companies are also integrating batteries as a structure of the car itself. How would that work in such a crash? Thanks.
Old 14th June 2021, 13:30   #32898
Senior - BHPian

National award winning Kannada actor Sanchari Vijay has succumbed to injuries sustained due to a bike accident. According to reports, he was riding pillion on a bike with his friend when the bike skidded due to wet road and hit a pole. He sustained serious head injuries and was admitted to local hospital but due to major internal bleeding doctors declared him brain dead. It is not known if he was wearing a helmet or not.

His family has decided to donate his organs. RIP Vijay!

Name:  Screen Shot 20210614 at 08.59.53.png
Views: 6666
Size:  200.7 KB

Article from TOI here.

Picture taken from google.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 14:34   #32899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Video of the Venue being lifted out from the well. ...
Good grief, what awful self-promotion by that youtuber! But thanks for posting. I don't think I saw the recovery before.

Here's a point... Many of us will get our drinking water piped into an underground sump. Some of us probably park our cars on top of it. I do!

If the well is disused, it probably should have been filled before the ground above was levelled and used. If not, then I can't believe it is beyond the wit of man to build a covering section of properly-specified reinforced concrete that can take the weight of one small car.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 16:40   #32900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Seltos crash at Nagpur. All occupants died on spot.

Source
If the front portion is intact with inflated airbags, how did the front occupants die? Not wearing seatbelts or lack of curtain airbags or both?
Old 14th June 2021, 16:48   #32901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
If the front portion is intact with inflated airbags, how did the front occupants die? Not wearing seatbelts or lack of curtain airbags or both?
The driver and front side passenger have survived with injuries. It seems the three passengers in the rear have passed away on the accident spot.
Source: https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/cars/...622-2021-06-14
Quote:
One of the surviving passengers claims that a motorcyclist suddenly emerged from a dirt track on the road. In order not to hit the motorcyclist, the driver got off the road, tried to get back on the road and almost made it.
Source: https://chiropractorsdailynews.com/k...k-up-into-two/

Last edited by TrackDay : 14th June 2021 at 16:56.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 16:58   #32902
BHPian

Died on the spot in head-on with a bus

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_20210614_161418.jpg

Notice the distance the scooter was thrown! Guy died on the spot. Happened last night between Malwani Church and Marve Beach in Malad West, Mumbai. A brief stretch of road here makes people speed. Anyway, this guy was known for rash driving. 20 years old. RIP.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_20210614_161551.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_20210614_161213.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th June 2021 at 17:46. Reason: Heading toned down
pixantz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 18:05   #32903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
National award winning Kannada actor Sanchari Vijay has succumbed to injuries sustained due to a bike accident.
Rest in peace Vijay. Sad that a life was snuffed out at an young age.

Saw three of his films - "Naanu Avanalla...Avalu", "Harivu" and "Nathicharami" and still remember his excellent role as a helpless farmer in "Harivu". A versatile actor who could fit into any role.

Cruel fate

Last edited by AltoLXI : 14th June 2021 at 18:07.
AltoLXI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 19:25   #32904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Rest in peace Vijay. Sad that a life was snuffed out at an young age.

Saw three of his films - "Naanu Avanalla...Avalu", "Harivu" and "Nathicharami" and still remember his excellent role as a helpless farmer in "Harivu". A versatile actor who could fit into any role.

Cruel fate
Absolutely, truly shocking. I wonder how the accident took place? There are reports that he was the pillion and some say he was riding! More over its said it took place in JP Nagar, I wonder which stretch it is. The 15th Main ring road is notoriously famous for such accidents, a couple of folks from my office have lost their lives on this stretch late at nights. May his soul attain salvation...
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 20:31   #32905

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Absolutely, truly shocking. I wonder how the accident took place? There are reports that he was the pillion and some say he was riding! More over its said it took place in JP Nagar, I wonder which stretch it is. The 15th Main ring road is notoriously famous for such accidents, a couple of folks from my office have lost their lives on this stretch late at nights. May his soul attain salvation...
This happened in the road next to L&T South City Apartments at Arekere MICO Layout, JP Nagar 7th phase.
May his soul rest in peace.
Old 14th June 2021, 20:43   #32906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
National award winning Kannada actor Sanchari Vijay has succumbed to injuries sustained due to a bike accident.
An actor par excellence. Gone too soon! I haven't watched some of his old movies but saw a recent one on TV and loved his performance.

Also kudos to the family for deciding to donate his organs
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 07:08   #32907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post

Died on the spot in head-on with a bus

A brief stretch of road here makes people speed. Anyway, this guy was known for rash driving. 20 years old. RIP.
Holy hell!! That is one heck of a crash. How fast was the scooter riding going at?

The bike seems relatively undamaged, plastics are gone, but the shell looks intact. I have seen this road in a youtube vlogger's video, where he complains of all the "chappri" riders always racing him or riding dangerously, especially on this stretch.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 09:53   #32908
BHPian

Xylo Car turning turtle on an Overbridge. Looks like a high speed overtake gone wrong as the Xylo swerves suddenly to avoid hitting a car coming on the opposite lane

venbas is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 09:58   #32909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
Xylo swerves suddenly to avoid hitting a car coming on the opposite lane
The bold part is what made it happen. Such maneuvers coupled with lightest nudge is good enough for that Xylo to totally lose control and topple.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 09:59   #32910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
Xylo Car turning turtle on an Overbridge. Looks like a high speed overtake gone wrong as the Xylo swerves suddenly to avoid hitting a car coming on the opposite lane
Xylo is one of the most unstable cars on Indian roads. It's top-heavy and the rashness of cab drivers does not help. I had a chance to drive it few times and found it wallowing and was quite scared to drive it on flyovers especially getting down the cloverleaf flyover at Kathipara.
Ajay_the_Don is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed