Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 22:50   #33526
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Also, INR 1.5 lakhs is very less unless that is their payment for the parts not covered by insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevin007 View Post
Looking at the damage, 1.5 lakhs seems very less for it. Hope all body and frame will be replaced with new parts from MASS and not repaired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
(Even that seems incorrect at 1.5 Lakhs will be a bit too much for items not fully covered by insurance for what is not exactly a very old car.) Interesting to see how much the final bill comes to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Where is this getting repaired?
Has MASS given a Rs1.5 Lakh quote?
I would like to make a correction to the estimate for the Ciaz accident repair that I posted earlier. In fact 1.5 Lakhs (or 1.7L to be precise) was only a partial estimate that MASS gave in the beginning and my sister and family thought that is the final estimate as they were not bothered to look through the details in it as the B2B insurance was fully covering the expense, except some change that they have to shelve. I just got to see the estimate only today and looked at it to see various items missing, and then is when they realized and checked up with MASS and they said, yes, it is only partial and there is another list which is back ordered. Well, and that list has all the major components . I am just curious to see what does it cost for the air bag replacement which is not quoted yet and is in the order list and some more like windshield, labour.. etc missing in that too. No surprises, this whole thing is going to cost north of 3 Lakhs.

Partial estimate:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg

On order:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg

Last edited by balenoed_ : 9th September 2021 at 22:51.
balenoed_ is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 02:58   #33527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJack View Post
The brakes failed coming down the incline (they say).
From what we see there, I'm almost inclined to believe that in this instance. The truck driver seems to be making a last attempt to aim for the gap even thought there is nowhere to go afterwards.

He had a heavy load: would the truck have been overloaded?
Old 10th September 2021, 05:29   #33528
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
http://Youtu.be/84sDVTlG2Ls

Got to this video suggestion from Google. This vlogger wanted adventure and got more than he wanted. He was pushing the tall vehicle's limits and crossed it. Obviously physics had the last laugh. Feels sad to see a new car damaged!

Attachment 2203520
Is there any chance for insurance claim rejection?
Old 10th September 2021, 22:31   #33529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
No surprises, this whole thing is going to cost north of 3 Lakhs.

Partial estimate:

On order:
I see these estimates and understand why ASS love accidental cars, but not total loss. Real money is made here. Atrocious component prices and excessive labour prices form the planned and approved loot.
Old 11th September 2021, 09:19   #33530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tollywood actor Sai Dharam Tej met with a bike accident on the Durgamcheruvu Cable Bridge on Friday evening at 7:30 PM.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/86101488.cms
Old 11th September 2021, 23:25   #33531
BHPian

Two heavy vehicles + tailgating + narrow hairpin bend. Hopefully lesson learnt.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2021 at 17:42. Reason: Link attached to text
shravansp24 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 11:48   #33532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
wonder if someone banged into the back of the bus as well looking at how the people on the road were running to the back...

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2021 at 17:42. Reason: Quoted text edited
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 13:21   #33533
BHPian

Quote:
Idiotic tailgating by everyone involved. Common in hills though which is even more surprising as sometimes a wide turning vehicle requires rolling back to give them space.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2021 at 17:43. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 12th September 2021, 13:23   #33534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The main culprit is the biker who tried to squeeze in on the opposite side forcing the second truck to brake hard, ending up in the tailgating.

"Give way to uphill traffic", apparently doesn't ring well with the biker.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2021 at 17:42. Reason: Quoted text edited
discoverwild is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 22:43   #33535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
The main culprit is the biker who tried to squeeze in on the opposite side forcing the second truck to brake hard, ending up in the tailgating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
wonder if someone banged into the back of the bus as well looking at how the people on the road were running to the back.
Seems like it was the cleaner of the truck, trying to get hold of the biker to knock some sense into him.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 11:01   #33536
BHPian

Accident in Chickballapura today - 8 killed
I wonder how the Jeep (as illustrated in the news article) was carrying 17 passengers

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-13bgaccident.jpg

Image & News source: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le36422616.ece
msarunms1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:30   #33537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
I wonder how the Jeep (as illustrated in the news article) was carrying 17 passengers
I guess it's pretty common to see in areas where regular bus service is low and such jeeps/traxs are overloaded with passengers. It is not strange to see the driver hanging out of the jeep and the assistant standing on the rear brake light!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 18:24   #33538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post

Sad to read about the loss of 8 lives. Quite a few could have been injured too. Seeing an old generation MUV of this brand after a long time, involved in an accident. I believed that most of them may have been rested by now.

About the 17 passengers capacity, in Bihar one Ambassador some decades ago was challaned while carrying 20 passengers in a rural sector. The driver had to appear before the Magistrate. The Magistrate reprimanded the driver for his unlawful act. After cooling down, the Magistrate asked the driver:-

Magistrate: How did you accommodate 20 passengers in that car?

Driver: Come with me My Lord, I can also accommodate you too as the 21st passenger!

anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 23:23   #33539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I would like to make a correction to the estimate for the Ciaz accident repair that I posted earlier.
Please, please suggest your family to get rid of this car and get a new one. Probably a new CIAZ. After looking at the initial set of parts ordered and the second set coming up, I wouldn't be confident on any ASC on this earth to get this done perfectly. High chances of failure and issues.
saisree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 00:49   #33540

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Sad to read about the loss of 8 lives. Quite a few could have been injured too. Seeing an old generation MUV of this brand after a long time, involved in an accident. I believed that most of them may have been rested by now.

About the 17 passengers capacity, in Bihar one Ambassador some decades ago was challaned while carrying 20 passengers in a rural sector. The driver had to appear before the Magistrate. The Magistrate reprimanded the driver for his unlawful act. After cooling down, the Magistrate asked the driver:-

Magistrate: How did you accommodate 20 passengers in that car?

Driver: Come with me My Lord, I can also accommodate you too as the 21st passenger!

Off topic:

This reminds me of one of the incidents from my childhood days. This was in the mid 80s. We had a standard 10 and my father (A very sane driver otherwise but it was a marriage function and he had to oblige) managed to stuff 17 people in the tiny car. Like sardines in a tin can. This was Bangalore of the 80s and right in the middle of MG road - a loud bang - and one of the tires just blew into pieces - resulting in a huge drama and entertainment for all around. Thankfully nothing major happened other than bruised ego and a hard lesson - had it been today's MG Road, things would have been very different. Sad for the people who died in this incident :(
Arvind_555 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed