Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:57   #33661
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_m5 View Post
How many people have to pay the ultimate price until the government and regulators step in and make underrun protectors on trucks mandatory? This is a skoda that's turned into pulp as it went under the truck
I didn’t understand the language in the video. Can you help me understand how the accident took place? I mean why did the Skoda end up rear ending a truck?
Old 5th October 2021, 10:51   #33662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Plainly, we agree 99%, and maybe I'm nitpicking to pick on these words, but my point is that the brakes do work effectively, without the engine running, but take considerably more driver strength on the pedal. But they do work.
Totally agree. I should have been more clear. The brakes do work but the the driver has to apply far greater force than one normally would, to get a similar level of efficiency that one would have if the engine was running.
Old 5th October 2021, 13:34   #33663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
The video proves a 24x7 presence of idiots on our roads
And also makes me wonder how we ever thought diesel was acceptable. Just look at that puff of black smoke as he zooms off was the driver caught?
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:49   #33664
Distinguished - BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20211005134631_chrome.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20211005134639_chrome.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20211005134644_chrome.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1_1633421775586.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 14:11   #33665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
was the driver caught?
Yes, here is the news.

Quote:
The NM Joshi Marg police on Thursday arrested a 30-year-old hotel manager who had fled after two bikers fell due to him taking a sudden U-turn of his car on a flyover near Phoenix mall in Lower Parel. The two victims died. The accused had parked his car near a building and left after the accident on Wednesday night. He was arrested a day later when he came to take his car.

The arrested accused, Amit Kumar, an Andheri resident, was produced before a court on Friday and sent to judicial custody. The car driver had fled from the spot and did not wait or helped the injured persons; Bhavesh Sanghvi, (25), from Bhattwadi in Ghatkopar, and Krishna Kuradkar, from Chembur.
airbus is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:58   #33666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Attachment 2215276
Found a video that is related to the same incident .

Swarup5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:59   #33667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
It looks like the car was being driven on the wrong side.
Old 5th October 2021, 17:44   #33668
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

What's going on here ? where is the rest of it ? (the solid piece inside) - it doesn't seem like the rest of it sheared off due to the crash (it's too clean)
Attached Images

Old 5th October 2021, 19:00   #33669
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the resale value of this particular Scorpio was arrived on the basis of the manufacturing year and number of owner only

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-03328c5d669940d49e0ba2c39a49c79d.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 19:09   #33670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVij91 View Post
It looks like the car was being driven on the wrong side.
Don't think so.
Seems like the Seltos's left side impacted the truck's rear right area, from behind. The left side doors and body panels are still stuck on the truck's rear.
Most likely the Seltos spun around and impacted the truck's mid right side(near the fuel tank) with its rear right side(which is also damaged), spun out again and ended up circling the truck from the front and ending up facing opposite to its direction of travel.

Whether the truck was stationary or slow moving isn't sure. This happened in the night and everyone saw the vehicles in the morning including the police.
No news on occupants/injuries yet.

As per this video : Credits to Providers

Last edited by shancz : 5th October 2021 at 19:10. Reason: rl
shancz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 00:12   #33671

^ Reference Kia Seltos accident.

My take would be as follows. Seltos tries to over a truck or bus from the left side; Before the seltos driver can complete the overtake maneuver, the left of the seltos impacts the stationary tractor trailer and this impact shears off the left of the seltos; The vehicle that the seltos just overtook does not stop but slams into the seltos from the right (See time stamp 0:35 of above video) and you see tell tale signs of an impact with a large vehicle. This second impact spins the seltos and puts it in front of the stationary tractor trailer. The third truck/ bus which impacted the seltos the second time is missing/ absconding.

Again proves the point that blind overtaking is like taking a serious gamble with ones life. Is it really worth it?

But coming back to the Seltos, I am not very convinced looking at the way the sheet metal has just crumbled. What about the impact bars on the doors - are they missing totally?
Arvind_555 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 07:36   #33672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_555 View Post
- My take would be as follows.
- What about the impact bars on the doors - are they missing totally?
- valid scenario better than my assumption IMO, will have to see if we get to know.

- also a valid point couldn't see them either, probably lying somewhere or missing.
Old 6th October 2021, 07:41   #33673
BHPian

A speeding BMW driven by a drunk driver on Banda-Worli bridge hits celerio from behind seriously injuring a 30-year old lady-advocate. Any idea if Celerio has airbags?

Mumbai Lawyer Critical After Drunk Businessman Crashes BMW into Her Car on Bandra-Worli Sea Link

Quote:
The incident took place around 1.30 am on the northbound stretch of Bandra-Worli Sea Link when Lakhiya was driving back home in her Celerio car, said the police.

The accused, Sachin Kharatmal (45), a resident of Malad west, was driving a BMW car and was in an inebriated condition at the time of the accident, said the police. Kharatmal was returning home with his sister and brother-in-law. He crashed his car into Lakhiya’s from the rear, severely damaging the car, said the police.

The police rushed Lakhiya to Bhabha hospital and after that, her relatives admitted her to a private hospital where her condition is said to be serious. Kharatmal’s sister fractured her hand in the accident.

Assistant sub-inspector Dilip Sawant, who was on duty, registered a suo moto FIR against Kharatmal for rash driving, causing grievous injury, dangerous driving and drunk driving under IPC and MV Act.
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 07:56   #33674
BHPian

^
The above accident of the BMW and the celerio definitely shows that whether your running is on the highway or confined to City limits, a safe car is a must!
I have seen a lot of people justifying their purchases here on team-bhp by saying that the running is confined to city only.
We have a lots of serious accidents examples on this thread itself that happened within city limits simply because roads are filled with idiots and money doesn't give someone common sense.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2021 at 19:44. Reason: Keep it civil, typo
Candy$Cars is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 09:15   #33675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
- whether your running is on the highway or confined to City limited, a safe car is a must!

- I have seen a lot of people justifying their purchases here on team-bhp by saying that the running is confined to city only.
Some points :
- Having a GNCAP rated car is no guarantee of safety under every situation and all speeds. GNCAP doesn't test for rear end impacts except whiplash handling of seats. Your premise is incorrect.

- IMO, no justification is needed on how anyone wants to spend their money. Members explain the reasoning to help others understand the decision making process.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but what is incorrect is the shaming of people for their choices which qualifies as trolling IMHO and we don't want that in TBHP do we ?

Life and car choices aren't that as simple as you think they are, but I hope you empathise with others before forming opinions.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2021 at 19:09. Reason: Quoted post edited
shancz is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed