Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2021, 17:04   #34141

Hello everyone, I wanted to share an incident which we saw on 4th December while we were travelling. There was a massive jam, and when we moved ahead, we saw a car whose front left wheel had came off.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20211204_111155681.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20211204_111144208_portrait.jpg

Car looked pretty new! I don't think anyone got hurt - as there was no ambulance was in sight. I did manage to take the picture of the car and its wheel - which was kept on the side.

Sharing the pictures - I've removed the car's number and pic of the owner (who was standing on the pavement close by) to protect their privacy.

It would have been scary for the owner.. when we came back to the same place after some time, there was no jam - so possibly the car was towed away..

All the more reasons to be vigilant when a tyre is being replaced and we must inspect the wheels periodically.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th December 2021 at 17:07.
ankushgarg is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 00:04   #34142
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushgarg View Post
All the more reasons to be vigilant when a tyre is being replaced and we must inspect the wheels periodically.
Incase you were able to check, did the wheel came off from the mounting bolts/ nuts or it came off along with hub, disc etc.

Asking to understand the failure mode.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 15th December 2021 at 00:05.
Old 15th December 2021, 10:32   #34143
BHPian

Pure OT to this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I could go on - what happened to professional reporting?
You are asking an extinct species to come back. It’s all sensationalism, click bait headings, dramatic visuals and lots of drama.

Recently we were protesting against State Highways department for repairing the Madambakkam main road @ Chennai. We had a coverage of the protest by media channels. These guys wanted us to speak in high voices, temper and against the ruling Govt. So much for journalism. No offence they being called ___
saisree is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:46   #34144
k0p
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Wondering if the vehicles like Fortuner are really safe. In fact, if any other vehicles can still protect the occupants in case of such somersaults.
More rolls equal more crash energy spent in rolling than acting on the car. As ugly as it might look, the better the chances for survival than a car coming to an immediate stop from a similar pace or speed.
Old 15th December 2021, 11:46   #34145
BHPian

I was there for 50k servicing of my Ecosport and saw this accidental car in the servicing center.
As per the SA, the car rolled thrice in a paddy field after going down from the road. Rear doors, roof and windshield got damaged. The owner drove it till the service center as there was no damage to anything related to the powertrain.
This is the base Trend model with two airbags, which didn't open.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20211211-10.33.13-1.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20211211-10.33.13-2.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20211211-10.33.13.jpeg

The passenger side ORVM is surprisingly intact, so I have my doubts regarding the 3 rollovers. I maybe wrong though.

Last edited by Prakritij : 15th December 2021 at 11:49.
Prakritij is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 12:00   #34146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Saw the CCTV footage clip on TV last evening and this article. Certainly the SUV was at much higher speed than the permitted 60Kmph on this road, just before the accident.
Apologies for going OT.

Had to mute the stupid reporter in the first video. Not only did they not censor the number plates of both vehicles, they actually read them out on TV. WHAT!! On top of that, the reporter couldn't even get the number of the rickshaw right
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 12:24   #34147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
what happened to professional reporting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
You are asking an extinct species to come back. It’s all sensationalism, click bait headings, dramatic visuals and lots of drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post

Had to mute the stupid reporter in the first video.

Well, many of these media companies survive on TRP, clicks, advertising revenue. I believe some even get paid for twisting facts, mis-reporting or for not reporting against some entities.

Most of the reporters they hire are insensitive immature youngsters just do what their 'managers' ask them to do, especially in the small media companies. Their sole aim is to get attention by any means as per the wishes of their immature, short term focused bosses.

So the result is not just bad reporting (i.e. without investigating facts), they also make their own opinions or assumptions, sometimes also get sued or threatened / beaten up by criminals, criticized in social media and then learn. Since there was no other clean CCTV clip (un-doctored/unedited or without commentary) available with me, I just pasted the URL which showed the SUV rolling and the damaged vehicles. My apologies!

The best way is to ignore the 'noise' and read the 'signal'. Team-BHPians are among the best filtering out noise.

Last edited by Pulse500 : 15th December 2021 at 12:27.
Old 15th December 2021, 16:50   #34148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
the car rolled thrice in a paddy field after going down from the road. Rear doors, roof and windshield got damaged.

so I have my doubts regarding the 3 rollovers. I maybe wrong though.
Bonnet says "Wild Wings Escapade". May be it tried flying.
AutoNoob is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 19:12   #34149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
I was there for 50k servicing of my Ecosport and saw this accidental car in the servicing center.
As per the SA, the car rolled thrice in a paddy field after going down from the road. Rear doors, roof and windshield got damaged. The owner drove it till the service center as there was no damage to anything related to the powertrain.
This is the base Trend model with two airbags, which didn't open.

The passenger side ORVM is surprisingly intact, so I have my doubts regarding the 3 rollovers. I maybe wrong though.

There is no chance it rolled 3 times. The other side is fully intact. EcoSport is a heavy vehicle and if it rolled the pillars would have been damaged.
Old 16th December 2021, 01:03   #34150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
... Not only did they not censor the number plates of both vehicles...
Once you take your car on a road, its number plate is public. I don't think there is any obligation on any other person to not display or mention it.

Whether or not it served any purpose to mention it would be a different question. Maybe just filling airtime with noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
There is no chance it rolled 3 times. The other side is fully intact. EcoSport is a heavy vehicle and if it rolled the pillars would have been damaged.
It certainly would be impressive!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 10:13   #34151
BHPian

Reading this thread has been an eye opener on how unpredictable our roads are and how no matter how careful you drive accidents can and will happen anytime.

Regarding this I had two questions to ask,

1) Is there a post which describes step by step in what to do when you are met with an accident, especially a severe one where the vehicle is no longer functional. That would be really helpful to read through and be prepared for it.

2) I read a lot of members call their insurance provider after the accident and discussed about further action and road side assistance. Is road side assistance part of most insurance or is it an add on clause that you can buy from your insurance agent? I am. Not sure if my insurance provider has RSA, how do I check the same?
i_rock098 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 10:19   #34152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
Might just be feasible that it was an offroading show gone wrong, resulting in a low speed, low impact rollover on a soft surface - hence the minimal damage. There was a recent video of a brand new Thar overturning in a similar fashion.
railfanwithk750 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 20:45   #34153
BHPian

Never imagined I’d end up posting footage in this thread but we have to accept the world as is.

I’ll be posting a detailed description of what happened and what followed in a few days but here’s brief dashcam footage of the incident:

sarav100 is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 20:50   #34154
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow! Hope everyone is ok Sarav.

Wonder what made the white Innova bank so much to the right causing an almost head on into the 3 wheeler.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 20:56   #34155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Holy cow! Hope everyone is ok Sarav.

Wonder what made the white Innova bank so much to the right causing an almost head on into the 3 wheeler.
It’s Ertiga. Driver slept at the wheel in the middle of the day and straight went to hit at oncoming loaded tractor trolley. Ertiga driver did not possess driver’s license and was quite aged approx. >75 years. Tractor broke into 3 halves but luckily tractor driver survived the impact although he did got hurt I believe . Rest all passengers escaped without any visual injuries.

Last edited by sarav100 : 17th December 2021 at 20:59. Reason: Clarify
sarav100 is offline   (44) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks