Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2021, 20:56   #34156
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Never imagined I’d end up posting footage in this thread but we have to accept the world as is.
Seems like a case of concentration lapse or sleeping behind the wheels.

I can't imagine what may have happened if that Ertiga had collided head on with a truck from the other direction. Not that the damage with this also would have been any lesser.

Hope you and the rest of the occupants in your car came out with little or no scratches!!

So that is just one more lesson learnt when driving on 2 lanes - Don't maintain safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you. Maintain at least a 100 meters.

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th December 2021 at 20:58.
paragsachania is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 21:00   #34157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It’s Ertiga. Driver slept at the wheel in the middle of the day and straight went to hit at oncoming loaded tractor trolley. Driver did not possess driver’s license and was quite aged approx. >75 years. Tractor broke into 3 halves but luckily tractor driver survived the impact although he did got hurt I believe . Rest all passengers escaped without any visual injuries.
Ertiga indeed. My bad. And it wasn’t clear that it was a tractor.

I thought as much that the driver slept off.

Glad that people came out without injuries.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 11:41   #34158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never imagined I’d end up posting footage in this thread but we have to accept the world as is.

I’ll be posting a detailed description of what happened and what followed in a few days but here’s brief dashcam footage of the incident:

https://Youtu.be/bVvQagZEowU
Wow. That was super lucky that your car didn't topple and landed on its wheels even after that circus. Hope everyone on your car is ok.
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 12:22   #34159
BHPian

Drunk Driving: Car splits into two, three killed in Hyderabad

Quote:
Three people, including two female junior artistes working in television serials, were killed and another person was injured when the car in which they were travelling hit a tree on Saturday, December 18 in Hyderabad. The accident occurred at around 3.30 am near Hyderabad Central University under the limits of Gachibowli Police Station of Cyberabad Police Commissionerate.
Source
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car_breaks.png
gischethans is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 12:38   #34160
anb
BHPian

Highspeed accident near Manjeri Yesterday. Looks like the driver lost control at higher speeds and crashed. Or is it a tyre blow out ?
anb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 09:11   #34161
BHPian

Quote:

I’ll be posting a detailed description of what happened and what followed in a few days but here’s brief dashcam footage of the incident:

The Ertiga was drifting to the right for around 2 seconds before it actually hit. You could have slowed down as soon as you noticed the drift. Perhaps even I wouldn’t be able to anticipate this hazard in real life but looking at the video it seems like there was a warning.
StopUnderrides is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 15:02   #34162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Highspeed accident near Manjeri Yesterday. Looks like the driver lost control at higher speeds and crashed. Or is it a tyre blow out ?
High speed overtake gone wrong, because of quick steering input and over correction.
Old 19th December 2021, 15:31   #34163

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Incase you were able to check, did the wheel came off from the mounting bolts/ nuts or it came off along with hub, disc etc.

Asking to understand the failure mode.
Actually, no, I was not able to check since we were in a hurry - to reach someplace..
Old 19th December 2021, 17:38   #34164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post

Drunk Driving: Car splits into two, three killed in Hyderabad

Source
Adding more information to this, the car in question is a Hyundai Verna, which belongs to Zoom cars, self driving car rental company. Apparently, the driver is at high speeds and in inebriated state. The driver rammed into a tree which caused the car to split into 2 pieces. This car also has 14,000 rupees worth challans, most of them for over speeding.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 931
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 946
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 941
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  4.JPG
Views: 937
Size:  41.3 KB

Name:  5.JPG
Views: 975
Size:  43.5 KB

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-zoomcar.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-gdw13lg201102956.jpg

-

Just in the other thread (Latin NCAP 2021: Hyundai Accent, Kia Sportage, GWM Wingle 5) we were discussing about 0 Star Latin NCAP ratings for Hyundai and Kia cars which includes this particular model (Accent/Verna). No wonder how the car split into 2 pieces and body parts got completely mangled.
WhiteSierra is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 19:46   #34165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I recently saw a video shared on a forum where several Maruti vehicles were involved in a multiple car crash. Incredibly all vehicles involved were from Maruti Suzuki. The collision seemed minor but all had suffered considerable damage. Please see it below as it is really unique :
https://Youtu.be/8IrqcqpUfOQ

I would like people to comment on the video above. Does anyone have any information about it? It seems really strange that all vehicles involved were Maruti.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 21:20   #34166
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Yet another case of a Hyundai/Kia splitting into two, aft of B pillar - something is going on here. Is it confirmation bias or not, I don't know, but I feel we are coming across an uncomfortably high number of cases of cars of this particular brand, splitting into two - hitting high-impact low surface area solid obstacles like concrete bridge-rails, trees etc. Other branded cars' crash pics of similar ilk, against similar obstacles, we have seen 'folded' or 'bent' cars, never 'sheared' cars - or so I think.
venkyhere is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 22:01   #34167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Yet another case of a Hyundai/Kia splitting into two, aft of B pillar - something is going on here. Is it confirmation bias or not, I don't know, but I feel we are coming across an uncomfortably high number of cases of cars of this particular brand, splitting into two - hitting high-impact low surface area solid obstacles like concrete bridge-rails, trees etc. Other branded cars' crash pics of similar ilk, against similar obstacles, we have seen 'folded' or 'bent' cars, never 'sheared' cars - or so I think.
It happens with other cars too, here are a couple of links reporting accidents under similar circumstances and almost identical points of split: Mercedes ML Class and a Civic type R

A similar discussion happened after the Seltos incident, and IIRC a member shared a news article involving a Passat which quoted a VW employee saying it's a safety feature.

Last edited by PetrolheadRup : 19th December 2021 at 22:11.
PetrolheadRup is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 22:10   #34168
Distinguished - BHPian

Consider the assortment of cutting, grinding, etc tools that one would need to do that to a car, or... just one tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Just in the other thread (Latin NCAP 2021: Hyundai Accent, Kia Sportage, GWM Wingle 5) we were discussing about 0 Star Latin NCAP ratings for Hyundai and Kia cars which includes this particular model (Accent/Verna). No wonder how the car split into 2 pieces and body parts got completely mangled.
Never mind the number of stars the car has, the tree will always have more. Tree v. car? The tree almost always wins.

Trees are even more dangerous than, for example, lamp posts. The lamp post will probably cause substantial damage, but is more likely to bend or break. Trees are springy, absorbing the impact and even hitting back in the process.

Don't blame the car. Blame the driver, alcohol, and stupidity. Very sad.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 10:31   #34169
Senior - BHPian

Brand new Mahindra XUV700 met with an accident in Bengaluru. No impact to the cabin but the front fascia is completely damaged.

Received on Whatsapp
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-x1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-x2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-x3.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:30   #34170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
https://Youtu.be/8IrqcqpUfOQ

I would like people to comment on the video above. Does anyone have any information about it? It seems really strange that all vehicles involved were Maruti.
When MSIL is the highest selling automobile company in India, it is just coincidence that this accident happened when there were a line of Maruti cars in the same lane. What else can be the reason?
tharian is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks