Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2022, 15:47   #36691
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Lane driving on hills is absolutely necessary. Especially on blind turns.
It could have been worse for the occupants. The car didn't catch fire.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=o0UqA1HXo9c?feature=share
It looks like a new vehicle (red registration sticker).
Old 23rd October 2022, 16:22   #36692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
It looks like a new vehicle (red registration sticker).
That's a Nepal registered Sonet. They have white on red plates numbering system.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:20   #36693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
When that manoeuvre ended it started rolling backwards.
Just a small clarification. As soon the truck stopped, he could've shut off the ignition and put the truck in gear right? which could've avoided the backwards roll? or it's not possible like the engine braking of trucks is weak compared to it's load etc?

A small doubt I'm having since ages hearing similar story in the news and online about brake failures in trucks. I know the engine braking is not as effective as the brakes or a motorcycle but it can help slow down eventually or stop the backward roll like in this case?
shravansp24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 10:17   #36694
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Lane driving on hills is absolutely necessary. Especially on blind turns.
It could have been worse for the occupants. The car didn't catch fire.
Likely a case of a novice driver in the hills - the temporary registration also hints at it. New car and no experience resulting in an overtaking manoeuver on a blind turn hairpin bend…
Old 24th October 2022, 11:14   #36695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
That's a Nepal registered Sonet. They have white on red plates numbering system.
Even the truck appears to be registered in Nepal. The voiceover also states that the Sonet was going to Kathmandu.
Old 25th October 2022, 09:39   #36696
BHPian

Heartbroken Hyundai Creta Owner Drives Into Truck at 140 km/h

Allegedly, he was being stopped by his family from marrying the girl of his choice. Police took 30 minutes to extract the body from the car.
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 22:44   #36697
BHPian

Saw an accident yesterday in Patna on Atal Path, Its the new hot spot for accidents in my town. It seemed that the accident happened just a few minutes before I arrived at the scene.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1666717785947.jpeg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th October 2022 at 08:48. Reason: Cropped pic removed
Ranabegins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 19:24   #36698
BHPian

Came up on my YouTube feed today.
Driver trying to overtake on a curve, the overtaken vehicle moves right to clear a parked scooter. The car seems to be a toyota yaris and looks like it understeers, the driver over corrects/brakes more than needed causing oversteer and subsequent loss of control. This made we wonder how many drivers on our road know about or are educated about things like this? Our system is an assembly line pumping out bare minimum drivers.

Last edited by TSIboy : 26th October 2022 at 19:26.
TSIboy is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 19:30   #36699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIboy View Post
Driver trying to overtake on a curve, the overtaken vehicle moves right to clear a parked scooter. The car seems to be a toyota yaris and looks like it understeers, the driver over corrects/brakes more than needed causing oversteer and subsequent loss of control. This made we wonder how many drivers on our road know about or are educated about things like this? Our system is an assembly line pumping out bare minimum drivers.

https://Youtu.be/Mbv9-_8Vy9k
Its unfortunate that the Brezza or the person in the cycle didn't even stop to see what happened. Hope the people in Yaris Survived.
Superleggera is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 19:46   #36700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Driver trying to overtake on a curve, the overtaken vehicle moves right to clear a parked scooter.
Overtaking on a blind curve, while maintaining that kind of speed? Sheer madness!! I am glad he didn't hurt/damage anyone else in the process of learning a very valuable lesson in driving. It was strange to see every other vehicle keep moving as if there was nothing happening.

I drive in such narrow highways very regularly. Unless I can see 200m of clearance, I would never try overtaking. Hopefully, he survived to learn the lesson.
Samurai is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 20:10   #36701
BHPian

Quote:
Driver trying to overtake on a curve, the overtaken vehicle moves right to clear a parked scooter.

https://Youtu.be/Mbv9-_8Vy9k
The accident was not due to Brezza moving lanes. Brezza was well within the broken white line and it's lane. The parked scooter had nothing to do with this accident.

The accident was due to recklessly driven Yaris which went off road while making the turn, thereby leading to loss of traction and overcorrection of the steering to counter the loss of control.

My sympathies are with the people inside the Yaris, but thinking that others will stop and help, when you are blatantly reckless and endangering the lives of others is very optimistic.
Had the road been straight, without any turns, even then the Yaris was clearly overspeeding, Especially when someone just turned right and it appears to be another road, from which any vehicle can enter this road.

I wish the occupants survived and will have a look at what they did, through this video.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 23:14   #36702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Its unfortunate that the Brezza or the person in the cycle didn't even stop to see what happened. Hope the people in Yaris Survived.
On the other hand, I think cycle rider was very fortunate. If he was few feet behind,
he had no chance of survival.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th October 2022 at 12:11. Reason: typo
gupta_chd is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 18:24   #36703
BHPian

Witnessed this yesterday. Sudden turn by car, biker with too delayed a reaction, another completely avoidable fender bender. Minor injuries to the senior citizen.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 19:07   #36704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
The biker is at fault : At 7 seconds into the video, the biker can see the car attempting a right turn, yet, he doesn't apply his brakes. Seems like he's not at all aware of what's happening around him.

Ideally, the car should have enabled the right indicator before attempting the turn, however, the biker dashes into the rear-left fender of the car, meaning the biker did see the vehicle making a right turn in front of him. The biker should have braked (in ideal conditions) OR atleast attempted a right turn-evasive manoeuvre (in Indian conditions) to avoid the collision.

All in all, another example of a careless 2-wheeler driver (nothing against the elderly rider) we see on our roads
jigar1791@gmail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 19:24   #36705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
The biker is at fault : At 7 seconds into the video, the biker can see the car attempting a right turn, yet, he doesn't apply his brakes. Seems like he's not at all aware of what's happening around him.
The bike was too close to the car. Besides the car took a turn directly into the path of oncoming traffic. The biker isn't the one to be blamed. Any vehicle turning in to the direction of oncoming traffic must let them pass. It is not the right of the turning vehicle to blatantly cut across without ensuring safety. Expecting the biker to apply hard brakes to save the situation is just naive.
sudeepg is offline   (38) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks