Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 11:39   #36901
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Just saw a crashed Toyota Fortuner on the way back home. Will follow up on this.
The overspeeding car was allegedly being driven by a college student and there are no mentions whether the driver was intoxicated or not. It hit a tree first and then jumped over the divider, landing in the opposite lane. The two occupants were badly injured but were soon released from the hospital. Here's a video of the damaged car
- https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClVau...d=YmRhOGE0MWQ=
Yash390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:06   #36902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Didn't the accident happen at 830 pm? Or are today's dashcams so good that they can capture as if it is daylight. Including the sunrays of sun which has set few hours before?
Wasn't the truck 8 axle vs this 6 axle? Or did the truck pick an axle from another truck ahead?
Dashcam footage is of another accident at the same spot just few days later. The previous one did occur during night time. Second accident was during day time.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:21   #36903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
A car's dash cam footage is out showing the accident from the front and rear Dash cams:

https://Youtu.be/7gBcbcQbA2g
This is from 10/4/2022, and the truck is a TATA. The one involved in recent mega pile up was a Ashok Leyland.
silverado is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 11:24   #36904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The next generation learns the same antics from these unruly parents - and the cycle continues.
This is absolutely correct, and has been my observation since long. No amount of "good behaviour" and civic discipline taught in schools will work, as children learn from their parents' example.

Children of conscientious drivers will grow up to be better behaved drivers themselves. Children of boors will be sociopathic boors.
davelok is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 12:36   #36905

Quote:
Just saw a crashed Toyota Fortuner on the way back home. The car's front end is in a really bad shape, the accident itself looked quite recent. I could not figure out how some debris ended up in my lane. The photos aren't clear enough to form theories. I could see the divider damaged from one place. No further details.

This road is notorious for overspeeding drivers. Late night + empty roads = your guess is as good as mine. The car had big aftermarket wheels and some sort of decals/vinyl wrap. Will follow up on this. This is all my dashcam could capture at night.

Attachment 2380253

Attachment 2380257

Attachment 2380260
Hi...is it by any chance the erstwhile canal road connecting Tel bhavan chowk to ballupur road? Back in the day when I used to live in ONGC colony it was a single carriageway.
AnuragK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 13:41   #36906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnuragK View Post
Hi...is it by any chance the erstwhile canal road connecting Tel bhavan chowk to ballupur road? Back in the day when I used to live in ONGC colony it was a single carriageway.
Yes, it is the same road, I've known it as ONGC chowk from the past 20 years. It is a 4 lane road now.
Old 26th November 2022, 14:01   #36907

Quote:
Yes, it is the same road, I've known it as ONGC chowk from the past 20 years. It is a 4 lane road now.
Wow! Great to see such progress but unfortunately where there are good roads, there are accidents too
AnuragK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 15:44   #36908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... where there are good roads, there are accidents too
This will always be true no matter which country/location.

It was a lot worse in the past on dividerless highways and frequent headon collisions.

The 4/6 lane divided recent highways have been a boon.
People used to drive recklessly much above speed limit in the past on such roads, but with time most people realize the risks and drive within limits on our highways.

However many seem to have forgotten these days how to drive with patience on undivided highways. Everybody is hell bent on overtaking the vehicle in front and coming directly in the path of opposite traffic.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 15:47   #36909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... ... ... where there are good roads, there are accidents too
Some studies in GB, where roads have been massively [over-]engineered in recent decades showed that it was counter-productive. When a place looks safer, people take more risks. The perception of danger is important for safety.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 15:54   #36910
BHPian

Another accident today on the same Navale Bridge.
https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...lties-8291281/
Old 26th November 2022, 18:42   #36911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
One of my friend is driving cars for more than 20 years and he has this habit of coasting in neutral.

We always had a disagreement on this practice and when I shared the above incident with him, his response was "somehow I do it more often, but I do it only when absolutely safe" .

May be these habits are picked up in early stages and never got corrected.
In very early stages of my driving, I used to do the same and also, disengaged clutch at start of braking. Thanks to a good friend who noticed this and explained the error that I was making. It took sometime, but the mistakes were surely corrected. This was some 20 years back.

Another mistake that I used to make was to tail vehicles in front even at higher speeds. This too was corrected after another friend scolded me.

Having good observers and guides in early stages of driving is very important as formal training on these aspects in almost non-existent.
AutoNoob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 17:21   #36912
Distinguished - BHPian

Not an accident, but a case that rather fits the "could've been a nasty accident" description-

From Coimbatore, dated 23rd November 2022.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 23:00   #36913

Patience - Patience Patience...

The reason most accidents happen - a complete lack of patience. The blokes who met Mother Earth in this video are the typical young and reckless lot - who have no formal training, no knowledge of road rules, no driving license.

You can even hear the guard shout...

I was just lucky!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th November 2022 at 09:49. Reason: spacing, editing and formatting
AttyBhai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 13:12   #36914
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for posting a link, the video is embedded in their webpage itself.

https://www.manoramaonline.com/fastt...-accident.html

One nasty looking accident! Like a homing missile that was locked on to a poor unsuspecting rider :(
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 15:09   #36915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Sorry for posting a link, the video is embedded in their webpage itself.
Really a shocking video, the rider who got hit tried maximum to avoid the accident, but the speed was too high, I think.

There were three guys on the bike, and you can see two other bikes have arrived at the scene after the accident, I believe all three bikes were racing.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th November 2022 at 15:49. Reason: typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks