Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2023, 22:46   #37981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Looks like the driver accidentally put Reverse instead of D
One of the things about driving is that one makes mistakes, but must be able to realise them and correct them fast. One such mistake is wrong gear, even including reverse/forward confusion. I've done that a few times: I've never moved more than a tiny amount, and never hit anything. Most of my driving years have been MT, but there have been AT times too, and I don't think that D/R is any tougher a confusion than 1/R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
100% agree with you. There are more cues too; if red and amber lights are lit up simultaneously, it means that it's going to go green, but if only amber is lit, it's going to go red. ... I know that this behavior is common across EU and I'm guessing this is also true in the UK and in India?
It is true in UK (GB).
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 17:10   #37982

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
No pity for these guys. They endanger the lives of so many people on the road for Cute Girl reactions One less idiot on the road.
And the nutcase explaining this video is riding with one hand and looks like another Darwin's theory waiting to happen. Such a fool!
Chill bro, He may have been an idiot. But let's have some respect for the deceased.
Takumi Fujiwara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 18:19   #37983
Senior - BHPian

Cyberabad traffic police recently shared this on YouTube:

Video description says car driver was driving under the influence of alcohol.

I wonder why the car driver was sticking to the right lane (too drunk probably?) because that does not look like a one way road.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 18:54   #37984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
I wonder why the car driver was sticking to the right lane
What is wrong in that? Then I realized have lost touch with RHD for long time

I am not driving when I return to India if I couldn't see anything wrong in this video!
svsantosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 21:35   #37985
BHPian

Another sad happening, in Mumbai this time.
Three young lives lying on the road.
More details awaited.

Warning: Not for the faint hearted (Blood/Gore)

https://twitter.com/ABN24INDIA/statu...C0_u4Ms7A&s=19

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2023 at 17:49. Reason: Warning added
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 22:42   #37986
BHPian

Perfect example of how much distance to maintain from the vehicle in front as per speed or was it ADAS in action? .

But what was the Venue driver doing?

Last edited by Nalin1 : 11th May 2023 at 22:44.
Nalin1 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 23:31   #37987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
But what was the Venue driver doing?

https://Youtu.be/BmFUyGMzM2k
The driver was focussing on something else and most probably looking at phone for a few seconds!
poised2drive is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 01:15   #37988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Cyberabad traffic police recently shared this on YouTube:

Video description says car driver was driving under the influence of alcohol.
If the Driver is DUI, then that's the end of discussion.

But, if it's not the case, to some extent the Two wheeler rider is at fault. The rider was supposed to stop and go before crossing the road. He stopped in the middle of the road or right side of the road, thinking that the Car will pass in it's own lane.

The Car driver might have thought that the 2 wheeler will cross the road, so without slowing down, he continued on the opposite lane. It could be mix up or confusion on the part of the Car Driver.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 10:18   #37989
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Looks like the driver accidentally put Reverse instead of D
Hard to believe that the driver didn't realise her error when it reversed into the first bike. Looking at her expressions & demeanour, the driver looks to be either drunk or high on substance.

In simpler words, the lady driver looks s-m-a-s-h-e-d.

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2023 at 20:15. Reason: One more thing
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 11:40   #37990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hard to believe that the driver didn't realise her error when it reversed into the first bike. Looking at her expressions & demeanour, the driver looks to be either drunk or high on substance.
I didnt catch that initially. Now that I see the chewing of gum or 'the essential paan' - yes I can see reason in your observation.

The Eyes too! giveaway!
svsantosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 11:56   #37991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravankrishnan View Post
Here we can clearly see the speedo of the rider, it's around 122kph in the beginning which means the guy who died was doing at most 130-140, not 294 as some police reports even have suggested.
This is not the accident that proved to be fatal, is it? This seems to be on a 2-lane / carriageway road whereas the actual accident was on Yamuna Expressway which has 3 lanes / carriageway?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 12:20   #37992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This is not the accident that proved to be fatal, is it?
Now that you mention it, it's very much possible that this is a separate incident. It was a mere clickbait title then in that case.

But I am quite surprised to think that he'll have survived even this accident, it looked quite nasty. Moreover if he didn't learn from such an incident then there's no surprise in what happened eventually.
Old 12th May 2023, 12:33   #37993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post

I know the urge, but I do not comment on riding skills of these Youtubers for the following reasons:

1. They have driven faster than me. Not once but multiple times.
2. They own a motorcycle that I never rode. I started off with 100 cc and ended with a 150 cc.

I will request you not teach them how to ride. I am quite sure that they have more experience on such machines than many of us. I have only experienced the speed they usually ride at in an aeroplane, nowhere else. I think even skydiving or bungee jumping, which I didn't do yet, doesn't attain that speed of 300 km/h.
I will request you not to give me advice on what I should and shouldn't do. This guy in the video I posted, and the guy who died, both are idiots of the highest order. If they've ridden faster than me, multiple times, illegally on public roads, putting others needlessly at risk, apart from risking their own lives which they don't value enough, that's not something that deserves admiration or praise. Apart from riding motorcycles and bicycles, I ride unicycles (not the electric kind, but the real ones), so am intimately aware of the physics of countersteering, and know what I'm talking about, so please spare the condescension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi Fujiwara View Post
Chill bro, He may have been an idiot. But let's have some respect for the deceased.
The original commenter might have seemed harsh, but these types of idiots are indeed a menace on our roads, and totally undeserving on any respect. I'm just glad he died alone and didn't take the lives of other innocent victims in his high speed crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravankrishnan View Post
Here we can clearly see the speedo of the rider, it's around 122kph in the beginning which means the guy who died was doing at most 130-140, not 294 as some police reports even have suggested.
It is apparently a video of a totally different crash which people are now trying to reupload on youtube with a misleading title, to garner some extra clicks and money.
supermax is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 15:44   #37994
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

I was crossing a signal with my wife and a 4-day-old baby when a motorcycle from the left side slammed into my car (Polo), damaging one of the back gates. First I checked if he was fine, then I asked him why he didn't follow the signal. He replied, "Aapki galti nhi hai, main apne khayalo main khoya hua tha" (It's not your fault; I was lost in my thoughts.) I didn't request a repair sum out of compassion, as his bike was damaged too, and obviously he got scratches; fortunately, he was wearing a helmet. I was depressed for two days as so many thoughts ran through my mind. Now I am literally scared to drive a car with my infant in it. I can drive, taking all precautions, but how do I deal with this instance where I didn't even know what happened until I heard and felt that thud?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230512-10.29.56-am.jpeg
GhostGrid is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 16:39   #37995
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGrid View Post
Now I am literally scared to drive a car with my infant in it. I can drive, taking all precautions, but how do I deal with this instance where I didn't even know what happened until I heard and felt that thud?
You should be happy that you weren't driving a two-wheeler with the baby, and you all are safe. The damage happened to the car is reversible. Probably a dry denting should get this door back into shape. You can claim insurance and cover any other scratches and dents along with this.

Don't be scared of one incident, drive on to create memories. Keep Revving!

Last edited by saisree : 12th May 2023 at 16:42.
saisree is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks