Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 11:49   #38206
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Pure luck saved the lorry and bus driver.

Kids are lucky to live another day and hope they learned a life lesson. Many won't get such a second chance in life.

sarathlal is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:18   #38207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post

Kids are lucky to live another day and hope they learned a life lesson. Many won't get such a second chance in life.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=HQt2vJCL9Ig
Narrow road & the 2 wheeler trying to overtake the bus. Lucky for them the bus kept driving when the yellow vehicle came from front else it'd have ended up very badly. What I fail to understand is why they did not slow down & moved behind the bus when they saw the vehicle coming from front?

Worst part is they were screaming & blaming it on the bus driver who looked like was driving carefully (Sounded like screaming/blaming, I do not speak that language)
montsa007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:26   #38208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That was lucky indeed! Hope they become better riders now.

Were they part of the i have functioning eyes but i can't see crowd?
Old 7th June 2023, 12:56   #38209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kids are lucky to live another day and hope they learned a life lesson.
Didn't look like it, given their reaction after picking themselves up from the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
Worst part is they were screaming & blaming it on the bus driver who looked like was driving carefully
Not exactly screaming, more like whinging. But yes, they were indeed blaming the bus driver for not letting them pass despite them having sounded the horn.

(Also note how the helmet rolled off when they fell).
binand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 13:03   #38210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not exactly screaming, more like whinging. But yes, they were indeed blaming the bus driver for not letting them pass despite them having sounded the horn.

Reminds me of a recent video I saw, where the presenter said "Always be careful of 2 & 3 wheelers on the road, no matter what you do, it'll always be your fault." Good thing the bus driver had the incident recorded. I guess the helmet was only to avoid challans for driving without a helmet.

Hopefully they've learnt their lesson & will practice good driving habits.
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 13:17   #38211
BHPian

Quote:

Doubt it. Kids are yelling at the driver claiming that he should have stopped as they were honking. I guess they feel overtaking is a "right" since they honked. People here have a lot of misconception regarding honking.

Crazy narrow road too, with no visibility, not sure why they thought it was okay to overtake! Imagine being sandwiched between that truck and the bus, nothing short of a miracle that they escaped unscathed.
epiccross is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:20   #38212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I sure hope the kids learned a lesson and the immediate reaction towards the bus driver (that s/he should've stopped/let them pass because they honked) was a result of an adrenaline rush.

For a change, the tipper lorry and the private bus don't seem to be on the wrong side.

Now, there will be a flurry of comments about these categories of drivers/riders (in that order) being the reason for *all* accidents:
1. ladies
2. students
3. youngsters

...which will then be followed by whitewashing the rogues driving tipper lorries and other HCVs with gay abandon.

We live in times when the media actively tried to convey a message that overloading 2-wheelers (parents with 2 kids) is perfectly fine and the rules need to be changed instead, so these comments will come sooner than later.

Last edited by silversteed : 7th June 2023 at 14:24.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 15:05   #38213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_maan View Post
I caught a heart breaking accident ony dashcam today near Krishnagiri.
I appreciate your action in providing help to the victim. May the Lord provide strength to his mother. However, bluntly put, the way the bike rider was riding, he was on borrowed time of his life. And his time ran out that day. I see many such bikers on our daily commute who drive rash, weave in and out of traffic and behave like hooligans. I have no sympathy for such bikers who have absolutely no sense on how to ride.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 15:08   #38214
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that the girls on the scooter were trying to race the bus which looks like a school bus, probably from the same school they are from. From their reaction after the incident, tells me they were trying for a while to overtake the bus and maybe the bus driver too was not relenting.
Anyway, they don't seem to realize they just missed being seriously hurt or killed.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 16:02   #38215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My guess is that the girls on the scooter were trying to race the bus which looks like a school bus, probably from the same school they are from.
Doesn't look like. In the video if you look for it, you can see that the bus has blue paint at the top, suggesting it is of the blue+white stripes livery of Kerala's commuter buses, not the yellow livery of school buses.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 21:24   #38216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

I dont think they even had the momentum to pass. Except for emergency vehicles, why should one stop to let someone overtake unless you are slowing all traffic
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 07:39   #38217
BHPian

Quote:
Let's not miss the role that the 'tipper' driver played too. We can talk about who has the right of way, and the kids were reckless etc. But, shouldn't he have slowed down earlier, at least from sheer humanity that there are two lives in front of him? He seems to be coming, at least from the couple of seconds of video, too fast for that narrow road.
Old 8th June 2023, 08:56   #38218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
shouldn't he have slowed down earlier, at least from sheer humanity that there are two lives in front of him?
At the point where the truck enters the frame, the road seems to be curving to the left in the direction the bus is travelling. Very unlikely the truck driver could have seen them. And from the video it is clear he braked once he did.
binand is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:47   #38219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pure luck saved the lorry and bus driver
When will the good folk of Gods own Country learn to never overtake on a road like this! Its a death trap.

The lorry and bus driver may have played a little bully game with the rider. One won't let them over take. The other wants to show them who's the boss by pushing them off the road. Its a no contest. You're a sitting duck that's gonna get squashed. Normal sort of behavior in these parts. In the end, its your life that you need to think about.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 10:08   #38220
BHPian

Saw this news just now:

Quote:
4-yr-old crushed to death by water tanker in Bengaluru
Quote:
In a tragic incident reported from Karnataka capital Bengaluru, a four year old boy died after a water tanker ran over him in Bannerghatta area on Wednesday morning. The deceased has identified as Bhuvan. The incident was caught on CCTV camera.
Quote:
The CCTV footage showed Bhuvan walking on a narrow lane, when he slipped on some sand and got crushed under the rear wheel of the water tanker. Police have registered a case under sections 279, 304A of IPC and 134 of the MV Act. Cops have seized the tanker and launched a manhunt for the driver who is still absconding.
Link, Link

I dont understand, what was the driver supposed to do here? He's driving a loud vehicle over some poorly maintained roads, probably wouldnt even have noticed running over the child.
GeneralJazz is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks