Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2007, 19:13   #136
Team-BHP Support

I dont get it it looks more like the jeep ran over the santro. may his soul rest in peace.
Old 2nd February 2007, 19:25   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I dont get it it looks more like the jeep ran over the santro. may his soul rest in peace.
The jeep's build quality is real tough thats why the visible damage on it is less. The speed at which he ploughed into the santro would have overturned it as described in the paper IMHO.

May her soul rest in peace and May the husband recover.

Everyday i see ppl here in chennai jumping red lights at any given time of the day or night. Civic sense and road sense is utterly absent.

Blore comparitively is more disciplined discounting the call center drivers.

Glad to know the occupants of the esteem are alive. Hope they have no permanent injuries.
Old 2nd February 2007, 20:18   #138
BHPian

May her soul rest in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
This is what happened in Delhi yesterday
The Santro seems in a miserable shape. I don't believe it is not built well enough to protect the occupants, Its high time out govt. wakes up and starts looking in to road safety.

Looking at increasing accidents like this, two things are absolutely necessary: vehicles with better build and stern punishment for careless driving. I hope the doctor's husband recovers soon and god gives him strength enough to overcome the tragedy.
Old 2nd February 2007, 20:46   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
I don't believe it is not built well enough to protect the occupants
...vehicles with better build and stern punishment for careless driving.
Whatever the build quality, any car under impact will crumble like Santro in the pic. Its easier & cheaper to enforce traffic rules than to build a car that can withstand impact of that magnitude. A car which can withstand accidents will look like army tanker & will cost like one.
Old 2nd February 2007, 20:54   #140
BHPian

not necessarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Whatever the build quality, any car under impact will crumble like Santro in the pic. Its easier & cheaper to enforce traffic rules than to build a car that can withstand impact of that magnitude. A car which can withstand accidents will look like army tanker & will cost like one.
T-bone crash is a common type of accident any where in the world. Good cars generally protect occupants in such accidents. It does not have to be a military tank to survive such accidents. Improving on build quality does not exclude enforcing traffic rules, both will be required. You'll always find an odd moron jumping lights or not stopping when required to crash in to oncoming or cross traffic (happens in USA too despite very disciplined traffic flow).
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:14   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
T-bone crash is a common type of accident any where in the world. Good cars generally protect occupants in such accidents. It does not have to be a military tank to survive such accidents. Improving on build quality does not exclude enforcing traffic rules, both will be required. You'll always find an odd moron jumping lights or not stopping when required to crash in to oncoming or cross traffic (happens in USA too despite very disciplined traffic flow).
I agree with what you say on jumping of red lights. But the sad thing is in the USA the probability is 1 out of 100 while in India it is definitely 95 out of 100 and that makes the whole difference to the scenario. It is high time the government looks into this and starts enforcing traffic rules and come down strongly upon those erring motorists who take human life for granted.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:39   #142
Senior - BHPian

When my client visited India and I took them to many places, They had great experience with Indian traffic, They told me request government to increase by huge margin the fine amount and punishment level so people won't violate rules!

According to me it will take another 15+ years in India to see some kind of awareness and improvements, If it don't happen by that time it will never happen.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd February 2007, 00:31   #143
BHPian

all agreement on discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I agree with what you say on jumping of red lights. But the sad thing is in the USA the probability is 1 out of 100 while in India it is definitely 95 out of 100 and that makes the whole difference to the scenario. It is high time the government looks into this and starts enforcing traffic rules and come down strongly upon those erring motorists who take human life for granted.
I do not think there is any disagreement w.r.t stern punishment for rash driving and causing death. We seem to differ is about the need for build quality and safety engineering, vehicles have to be built better to increase chances of survival in such accidents.
Old 3rd February 2007, 10:25   #144
Senior - BHPian

ohh man seeing these crashes make my nerves go cold.... may all injured become absolutely fine and the souls of the passed rest in peace.
Old 3rd February 2007, 17:01   #145
BHPian

Ooops ! I am sorry about the Accord... And i am sorry for the Doctor. i hope he recovers soon....
----------------------------------

These pics were taken in Outer Ring Road, Bangalore

Pics were taken by a friend of mine, one the way to work... 4 Guys in an Elantra (yes, drunk)... Speeds about 90 or 100.. not sure...
Over took our company cab, soon after they crossed our cab- hit the divider - Dham -boom - Bash ! There you go ! The left wheel is out !!!

My friend offered lift to one of the passengers to reach his friends place (in the company cab). The Passenger in the elantra mentioned to my friend that, They were on the way from Chennai to Bangalore and then that night they were leaving to GOA !!!

Hmmm....

Jai
Old 5th February 2007, 12:21   #146
BHPian

this happened yesterday early morning..

according to people the driver hit the brake hard and got the axel on the front cut... and hit the tractor..
only driver was travelling, he was coming back from bangalore airport dropping the passengers...
non of them injured seriously..
here are some pics

cheers...
Old 5th February 2007, 14:33   #147
BHPian

This is probably the worst accident I have seen. Is that a Honda City or what car ?
Old 5th February 2007, 14:35   #148
Team-BHP Support

the cars an innova......
Old 6th February 2007, 12:14   #149
BHPian

Hear in the Delhi accident involving Army vehicle - Doctor's Santro, both husband and wife were killed, probably husband in hospital.
Old 21st February 2007, 17:45   #150
Senior - BHPian

Saw this in Vashi a few days back.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 21st February 2007 at 17:51. Reason: Posted huge size image by mistake

Most Viewed