Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 13:42   #15001
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this bashed up Sumo at the Malik cars workshop.
No idea how this happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140213_112824.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140213_112833.jpg  

Last edited by bigben : 14th February 2014 at 13:45.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 15:13   #15002
BHPian

Saw a gruesome accident this morning, AT DLF Phase-III; At the entrance of Sahayadri Tech Part (The TCS office) in HInjewadi, Pune.
Red SWIFT Collided with a Passion(Black) . The Front Driver side of the SWIFT is a mess completely. Problem was with the bike. The Handle totally turned in the opposite direction & bike looked a total loss. Couldn't click as I was driving.

It happened moments before I crossed the spot.
PEOPLE'S VIEW of the ACCIDENT: The by-standers say that bike was run-over by the SWIFT & rider was pulled off from under the car. Biker was coming from the wrong side & had totally "ignored" the turning SWIFT. Tried to cut the lane of the SWIFT & eventually landed under the car. Both didn't applied the brakes I guess. "Me first".
Car is a mess & bike a total loss.

My opinion... Going by what by-standers said (if correct) Though my sympathies are with both involved, the biker got what he deserved.. -NOM-. When he has no sense of responsibility towards road safety & thinks he can get away on the wrong side with everything, this should be an excellent learning lesson for him. Not sure if he was wearing any helmet, couldn't see any around..
This is a very common practice at this stretch.. People from companies on either side of the road totally ignore & travel openely on the wrong side.
& a lesson for the car driver as well: to let these wrong side-headed towards hell-idiots pass: to there so called "glourious path to hell" smoothly.
What a disgracefull valentines present.. --happy valentines day--

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 14th February 2014 at 15:19.
saurabh2711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 17:53   #15003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite a horrifying video of a drunken driver in Mumbai, reported today.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-ca...942-3-237.html
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 18:51   #15004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Wow! He kills one man and wounds several others and then flees from the scene. Once the law catches up with him, he is out on bail by paying 15K.

There is absolutely no deterrent for rash and negligent drivers like these!
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 19:14   #15005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Quote:
The driver was arrested late on Wednesday evening and the police claim that he was drunk.

The accused has already been granted bail by a Borivali court on paying Rs 15,000 penalty.
Just two words in my mind, "Incredible India!"
Old 14th February 2014, 20:26   #15006
Team-BHP Support

Police claims of DUI notwithstanding, have they actually tested the driver for blood alcohol levels? The video is stamped 18:38, the linked report says driver arrested later the same day. If they've missed the window (accidentally or intentionally), there goes the drunk driving charge and associated criminal prosecution for causing death by DUI.

Makes one wonder why anybody should bother with the law.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 12:01   #15007
BHPian

I saw this accident yesterday, It must have occurred sometimes late night. A truck had overturned on the Greater Noida- Noida Expressway near the intersection of Sector-82 causing massive traffic snarls over few hours.

When I reached, the crane had lifted the truck and the road was being cleared. Here are a few pictures that I could manage sitting in my car.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc3.jpg
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 14:34   #15008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Hello Vipin,

About 3-4 months ago, a child died in the Outreach school campus on BTS road, Shanthinagar, when a school bus ran over. The school called for a Parents meeting later that week and informed the parents about school buses being outsourced and the management was only helping by allowing them to park in their premises for boarding the buses safely instead of using road for parking. It speaks for the callous attitude of the school and the transport operator who fled from the city.
At least in your case, the damages can be mended and not so costly.
1. Shantinagar is a mess. The interior roads are pathetic and people still drive callously

2. I have seen umpteen buses drive in one ways (not meant for 'their' way) carrying children - unfortunate I cannot take a snap as I am always the lone driver (Example - Ryan Int, DPS)

3. School Management - sorry to say, but they are just there to save their a$$ . Their primary job is to mint money and secondary to mint more money form hapless parents - Honestly, I am scared that my child might have to grow up in Bangalore

I have actually tried talking sense to few bikers, few cars who drive so senselessly, only to be ridiculed or at max I get is ' Sorry, I am in a hurry'. My feeling is the same every time - Don't push your luck so hard
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 13:03   #15009
BHPian

Serious accident on the NH8A on the Ahmedabad Limbdi highway . Four Dead.Corolla traveling to Rajkot had a front tire burst at triple digit speeds. Jumped the median and got crushed by an incoming dumper . One amongst them is a very dear friend ,RIP Vipul. we shall miss you dear.
Attached Images

sanjz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 13:28   #15010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
16 people lost their lives when a bolero collided with a fully loaded lorry in the early hours today on NH34 in Maldaha, West Bengal. Overloaded car, drunk driver, high speed, wrong lane : looks like they were on a suicide mission. My sympathy to the grief-stricken families of the deceased.
So the driver was drunk & driving on the wrong side of the road but what about the 16 people in the car?! Why did they keep quiet?
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 14:19   #15011
BHPian

Yesterday evening saw an i10 with its front smashed at the starting of ORR Inter Flyover while going from Bellandur to Marathalli. Looked like it crashed onto the left wall. Saw the car stranded there till 8:00 PM. Any more information on this accident?
Old 17th February 2014, 16:30   #15012
BHPian

On the way to Srikalahasti saw 2 trucks in a head on collision (should have occured in the early morning or late night) what was peculiar is that te route is having divider and the the trucks had a head on collision (sorry no pics as was alone in car )

whilst returning via Ambattur near ambattur OT saw 2 bikes both had fallen onto the ditch nearby(should have fresh as people were pulling out the guys)
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 09:38   #15013
BHPian

Another accident was reported yesterday between a local carrier Kartar transport Bus and a school bus of Delhi Public School. The driver of the private carrier Kartar Bus lost control,overturned and fell on the other side of the highway and collided with the DPS School bus coming from the opposite direction.

The driver and helper of the school bus were killed on the spot while all 16 children escaped unhurt. Minor injuries were reported on two children who were later discharged after first aid.

Here are the pictures:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-scb2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-scb1.jpg
Old 19th February 2014, 09:40   #15014
BHPian

Spotted this Toyota Liva yesterday at the Mathura Road, New Delhi.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-liva2.jpg
Old 19th February 2014, 10:59   #15015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post

The driver and helper of the school bus were killed on the spot while all 16 children escaped unhurt. Minor injuries were reported on two children who were later discharged after first aid.
Absolutely no fault of the School bus the driver and helper are killed . Poor Souls. But glad that all the 16 children are safe. But looking at the pics the school bus looks more mangled and i expected more casualities from it. Thank god though ! Any casualities from the other bus ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks