Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 19:20   #15106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Nitpicking but isn't that "brakes"?
Hee hee, so much for any rumour of me being an authority on my native language!

That is a mistake I make regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
If any mishap occurs, we would be feeling guilty even though its not our fault.
Even though it is not our fault, it will spoil our day. And, possibly the rest of our lives. Not to mention the car paintwork.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 19:43   #15107
Senior - BHPian

Breaks (in place of Brakes) and Whooping (in place of whopping) are the most common spelling errors spread all over the forum in large number.
Quote:
Nitpicking but isn't that "brakes"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That is a mistake I make regularly

Even though it is not our fault, it will spoil our day. And, possibly the rest of our lives. Not to mention the car paintwork.
Car paintwork won't even count anything as compared against the feeling of guilt of injuring or at worse killing someone especially of young age.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 20:36   #15108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Don't know the speed of the impact but I see no airbags deployed which means crumple zone is not damaged as well. Taken quite well by the car.

I hope you are kidding. For such nonsensical braking the Safari guy should be behind bars.
I see steel rims; hence believe that this car is not equipped with airbags.

Off Topic:

I agree that safe distance would have averted such an accident however, I feel it’s not fair to not blame the safari guy in this situation.

Here lot of BHPians are talking about being patient with pedestrians and bikers, the safari guy neither had the empathy nor care about the safety of the road users.

Stopping for a bag of chips in the middle of the highway without indication - driver's license should be suspended.
katchkamalesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 21:23   #15109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The video doesn't open up - loads up but blank. Is there a Youtube link?
No, this was on album and there is no youtube link. Let me check if there is any other way of sharing it

Last edited by Guna : 11th March 2014 at 21:38.
Old 11th March 2014, 21:24   #15110
Team-BHP Support

That's a first-gen Figo. Alloys were not standard on Titanium variants then.
Old 11th March 2014, 21:34   #15111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
That link don't work no more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
No, this was on album and there is no Youtube link. Let me check if there is any other way of sharing it
Type youtube.com and the paste this "/"
Old 11th March 2014, 21:43   #15112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Type Youtube.com and the paste this "/watch?v=3d6klpWG2BE"
What i was trying post was a compilation of accidents and some tips on how they could be avoided (probably this was prepared as part of Road safety week)
Old 11th March 2014, 22:26   #15113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
We were going at speeds of 70-80 behind a lorry and in an overtaking stance just waiting for an oncoming vehicle to pass to make our move. Suddenly, the lorry brakes really hard for no apparent reason (as I thought at first), in the middle of the highway. I saw the lorry brake hard and immediately tried to respond to it in my friend's Figo. I braked equally hard, stepped off the clutch to increase braking response. Did not try to swerve away since I doubted the vehicle might respond erratically and go out of control. With no space to make a maneuver, the Figo rear-ended the lorry.
Hi mate, Firstly, When you were driving at 70-80 kmph then where from the need to overtake came in? These impulsive reflexes can cost a fortune. Secondly, Keeping the speed in mind you should have kept adequate distance. Thirdly; Before over taking did you use the "headlight blinking" signal which means you are requesting the vehicle ahead of you to give side for overtaking?

Lastly, In my view the damage could have been much less if the truck had "under-run bars" installed in it. You can understand this concept by reading this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rtant-you.html

Also, A big lesson to learn from the truck driver i.e One should keep a safe breaking distance from heavy vehicles both on city and highway roads. No matter whether it's a Ford or a Ferrari; one should be very particular about the driving rules because after the mishap no amount of blaming is of any use.

Drive safe in future and good to know no one was injured.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 12:46   #15114
Senior - BHPian

5 persons burned to death as jeep collided head-on with a pick up van & caught fire after sfterwards in Gharsana, Sriganganagar (Rajasthan) on Thursday. More details here:

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/5-killed-...529-3-239.html
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 16:19   #15115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
... ... ... One should keep a safe breaking distance from heavy vehicles both on city and highway roads.
Please make that all vehicles. Even cycles!

Quote:
No matter whether it's a Ford or a Ferrari; one should be very particular about the driving rules because after the mishap no amount of blaming is of any use.
Very true. The tables of stopping distances are minimums, and there is no extra column with different numbers for expensive cars or rich drivers. A Ferrari doesn't help when the problem is that we haven't noticed, until too late, that the vehicle in front has braked, which happens, even to the best of us.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 19:41   #15116
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tanweer Alam shares the following via email:

Quote:
This happened while i was returning to Ranchi after purchasing this vehicle from kolkata. The part of journey through G T road was done by me. The car behaved and drove true to its potential. Great acceleration, terrific road manners, able to glide past bump and potholes easily. Great cruising ability at high speed, I had a feeling as if a hot knife is gliding through butter.

From Dhanbad my driver took over. We had dinner there. I was in the rear seat and my cousin in co-passenger seat. I fell asleep sometime around midnight.

I woke up around 1.30 am, by that time accident had occurred. I could not recall for a few moments what had happened. I saw my vehicle lying some 30 mt down the road. My driver was thrown some 10 feet from the car. My cousin was lying on the floor of car with a broken neck.

Driver died on the spot. God saved me, I had only a few bruises. At present case is in consumer court as I could not get compensation for total loss.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_06601.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_06781.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 20:00   #15117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This duster gone so bad. It is very difficult to trust drivers on newer cars. I have no trust on any of the driver that too on long drives. It seems driver slept on wheel and car went to ditch or off the road.
anujmishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 20:40   #15118
Team-BHP Support

Oh dear! That's a very sad sight. I wonder if his cousin who was in the co-driver's seat dozed off as well.

Night drives are best avoided. If it is unavoidable, it is best to drive slowly to be on the safer side and engage into some random conversations with the co-driver so the driver wouldn't fall asleep. If the driver complains of tiredness/fatigue, a stopover at a roadside restaurant/dhaba and a quick 20-minute nap - never hurts. A cup of tea will be refreshing as well. Given a choice, I'd never opt to drive at night.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 22:30   #15119
BANNED

Wasn't anyone wearing their seatbelt ?

The driver "thrown out" suggest no seatbelt.

Woke up ,saw car 30mts,also suggests no seatbelts.

The people who are alive should thank their starts.

Seatbelts are always seen as a fine thing to most of the population.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 23:23   #15120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Attachment 1219656

Attachment 1219657
Good to know you are safe. Night driving has its own share of problems. The glare from the headlights of the vehicles in the opposite direction can be taxing. If the driver has not had proper rest, i would advise take multiple breaks and let the co passenger engage the driver in talks so that he does not fall asleep at the wheels.
Last but not the least travel in the night only if it is absolutely necessary.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks