Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2014, 10:51   #15451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It looks like the Alto was at fault since the KSRTC bus had already begun taking the turn and was turning a hard left when the Alto decided to squeeze between the gap and ended up banging the bus.
Something that is becoming too common off late. Drivers not even having patience to wait a couple of seconds.

Gone are the days when we had Gentleman drivers - Thanks to AC Cabins, Power windows and Indicators: We see hardly anyone taking their hand out when in need to let others know that someone is waiting ahead to make that Turn, so please wait.

Trends have changed now and sadly its hinting towards more dangers!
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 10:53   #15452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this at the twin hairpin bends at Mannarkad yesterday around 3:30 PM.

Attachment 1244027

Attachment 1244028

It looks like the Alto was at fault since the KSRTC bus had already begun taking the turn and was turning a hard left when the Alto decided to squeeze between the gap and ended up banging the bus. The passengers on the bus were still onboard except for a few.

They are widening this road btw. It's a W.I.P.
Idiots and inexperienced drivers will still find a way to cause accidents irrespective of the width of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Looks like the 407 couldn't brake in time and caused the pile up. Not sure though !!
I would have believed if someone said this is a scene from an upcoming Die Hard movie
Old 27th May 2014, 11:09   #15453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Something that is becoming too common off late. Drivers not even having patience to wait a couple of seconds.

Gone are the days when we had Gentleman drivers - Thanks to AC Cabins, Power windows and Indicators: We see hardly anyone taking their hand out when in need to let others know that someone is waiting ahead to make that Turn, so please wait.

Trends have changed now and sadly its hinting towards more dangers!
Lack of patience, urge to reach the destination fast, rash driving,honking without reason are the trends seen in present day driving.
Old 27th May 2014, 12:18   #15454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
This happened in Hosur a few days ago, sad accident, the 2nd person died today.
Very Sad to hear the second person also died. I was a victim of the traffic jam on that day and i was stranded on the fly over for almost 30 mins. Have counted more than 20 windshield broken tipper lorries on the bridge itself and when it was more after the bridge i lost count.

Must say these lorries are very big nuisance for Hosur traffic and for the Attibele Toll aswell. I am daily travelling between E City Ph 1 and Sipcot Ph 2 and it is a big head ache to tackle these arrogant's.

Ram.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th May 2014 at 12:22. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 27th May 2014, 16:28   #15455
BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this at the twin hairpin bends at Mannarkad yesterday around 3:30 PM.

It looks like the Alto was at fault since the KSRTC bus had already begun taking the turn and was turning a hard left when the Alto decided to squeeze between the gap and ended up banging the bus. The passengers on the bus were still onboard except for a few.

They are widening this road btw. It's a W.I.P.
Height of impatience!
I know this is the only hairpin bend in the entire stretch, then why on earth this fool tried a wrong move, he could have easily waited until the twin hairpin bend and find his way for an overtake move.

Quote:
Yesterday we had first showers of this season. Result :

Attachment 1244298

Looks like the 407 couldn't brake in time and caused the pile up. Not sure though !!
Still wondering what could have made the Swift to lie on its side

Cheers!
Old 27th May 2014, 17:27   #15456
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore City Accident this morning around 10am:

Today when I was leaving home for work, saw 8-10 RTO officers, Auto folks and people gathered at a junction on Bannerghatta Road after Hulimavu Arch. At first I thought this must be another drive against traffic violations. But reaching closer I found that just 5 minutes before this place has witnessed a serious accident. An auto was banged from behind by two motorists - both ridden by college kids/ youngsters. A gearless scooter and a Honda bike had rammed the auto. The auto has dents on the rear - the little engine compartment door was bent but the bikes had broken headlights. And then there was blood all over the place mixed into the earlier night's rain water on the side of the road. The sight was plain horrible. Didn't dare to take pictures.

As soon as the accident had happened, the victims were attended to by onlookers and others present at the site and traffic cops had arrived there. This site is hardly 1 km away from police station. The bikers were moved to hospital, and auto was hold at the site for further investigation. I dont know the exact scenario how this happened, but going by onlooker's comments, its the bikers who were at fault. Tomorrow's news paper shall have detailed report anyway but thought of still posting here.

The sad part I felt - bangalore is witnessing more incidences where very young kids are driving bikes and even doing wheelies on the plain road :(
Old 27th May 2014, 17:36   #15457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The sad part I felt - bangalore is witnessing more incidences where very young kids are driving bikes and even doing wheelies on the plain road :(
Too early to comment on what caused this accident. But, Auto-wallahs are notorious for sudden stops, U-turns, Left or Right turns without any indication!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 17:51   #15458
BHPian

Quote:
I see such stunts on GST Road Chennai every evening. These college going kids don't have patience to wait behind a vehicle when its negotiating a turn near a barricade (or) a chicane. Instead, these morons on KTM/Pulsar with HUGE rubber just cuts across without bothering about the after-effects.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:14   #15459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
These days all the buses and trucks too have power-steering; so now they don't go all along the outer part of the curve to take a U bend.

This Alto crash/scraping is the repercussion of Indian urban driving, where every square inch of real estate is considered a premium and has to be compulsorily occupied.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:36   #15460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sad part I felt - bangalore is witnessing more incidences where very young kids are driving bikes and even doing wheelies on the plain road
Abir, I believe that teenager's psychology is to be blamed. You see higher secondary students and under age riders care a darn about other vehicles/ pedestrians and do such outrageous stunts for the thrill. What has happened there is the right lesson to such riders. But, due to their mischief poor parents have to face the consequences.

To add to their so called "cool attitude" it's the peer pressure. I mean they think "Agar usne kiya toh mae bhi karunga" i.e "If he can do then I will also do".

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
But, Auto-wallahs are notorious for sudden stops, U-turns, Left or Right turns without any indication!
Under such circumstances I feel the vehicle/ bikes should keep a minimum breaking distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I see such stunts on GST Road Chennai every evening. These college going kids don't have patience to wait behind a vehicle when its negotiating a turn near a barricade. Instead, these morons on KTM/Pulsar with HUGE rubber just cuts across without bothering about the after-effects.
I shall put it this way, Parents decide to gift their son a bike on the occasion of getting good grades; So, once the key is received then such children go out of the way to show their (im) perfect skills or as it is called "Style Maarna" (in college language) to their friends and because of this they often end up in irreversible situations.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 20:43   #15461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
The ToI article has contradicting versions, in eyewitness statements these boys were overtaking three vehicles by going into the oncoming lane. The truck driver's statement says, they were'nt overtaking at all and simply swerved right in front of his truck. East coast road is one of the dangerous toll highway I have ever been, I seriously hope the state govt. fastens the process of widening the roads and building a median.

May those souls rest in peace.
Three occupant worked in our organisation. All were in the age of 23 and game developers who were crazy about games. They went to pondy for celebrating birthday. One of deceased was very close to me and use to spend hours talking with me about games. Very dynamic and charming personality. It was a shock to everyone in our office.

From what we heard, it was a overtake in the famous curves near mahabalipuram. Airbag was deployed. It was seen in the picture posted in newspaper.
Old 27th May 2014, 21:29   #15462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday we had first showers of this season. Result :

... ... ...

What a mess.

Just because people do not know one simple thing: driving on a wet road is not the same as driving on a dry one. It takes much more distance to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
These days all the buses and trucks too have power-steering; so now they don't go all along the outer part of the curve to take a U bend.
Consider the geometry of moving a long straight vehicle around a tight corner. Yes, it needs the same amount of space whether it has power steering or not. Power steering only reduces the effort. Even on city streets, with a normal right-angle left turn, it would be crazy to cut across the inside like that.

Of course, bikers do it all the time.
Old 28th May 2014, 00:34   #15463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I passed this location probably minutes after the accident. One guy was on the road with blood all over his face/head and was kind of motionless, it was really a gruesome scene. For me, it looked like the biker was over speeding and was dragged few meters before hitting the platform on the left side. Probably the biker's head would have hit the platform. A helmet was also lying on the road but not sure whether he was wearing it. When I passed that location again, after 15mins, the police and locals were cleaning the road with buckets of water as there was too much of blood on the scene.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 05:23   #15464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The news is out in Deccan Herald.
Here is the link: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...n-injured.html

Quote:
A motorcyclist was killed and the pillion rider injured in a road accident near Hulimavu Gate on Bannerghatta Road on Monday.

The victim was identified as Shekhar, 21, a resident of Weavers’ Colony. The injured, Sudhakar, 24, is being treated at a private hospital. About 10 cases of traffic violations have been registered against Shekhar, said the police.

Shekhar, a worker at a duplicate key manufacturing unit near Arakere, set out to work at 9.30 am. Shekhar’s friend Sudhakar requested him for a drop on the way. While taking a turn near Hulimavu Gate, he lost control over the bike and collided with another two-wheeler. The biked then moved further and rammed an autorickshaw, said the police.

The intensity of the accident was such that Shekhar was tossed in the air. He sustained massive injuries as he fell headfirst on a brick lying on the ground. The duo was taken to the hospital. Shekhar was declared dead on arrival, said the police
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 08:10   #15465
Senior - BHPian

10 cases at the age of 21! Even though we don't know who is at fault in this accident, it is now easy to blame Shekhar. Looking at the description and the victim's past behaviour, it's pretty easy to blame him.

Considering how (in)efficient Bangalore Traffic Police are, 10 registered cases means far far far too many violations! So the victim had enough warnings to learn and improve, but he didn't. Should we feel sorry for him? I don't. But I do feel sorry for his family :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks