Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 11:11   #15811
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindp View Post
saw a man walking in the middle of the road on the other side with opposite traffic, he looked like a rag picker(not sure though). I wonder how did he come on the midway.
I guess this is somewhat common than what we would like to believe. Couple of months back there was a report that one lady who was walking on the elevated highway was killed.

I have seen two wheeler's riding in the opposite direction on BETL, not sure why and how though.
Old 21st July 2014, 11:58   #15812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
Had a miraculous escape on saturday night.

This happened around 12:45 AM when i was travelling from Gurgaon to Sonepat on GT road right in front of Ansals and TDI complex.
Oh my god, that looks like a bad crash. Everyone alright I hope! What happened? Can you give us more details?

Also, is the car damaged beyond being drive-able?
The car was being taken away on a flatbed truck, hence the question.
Old 21st July 2014, 15:19   #15813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This happened around 12:45 AM when i was travelling from Gurgaon to Sonepat on GT road right in front of Ansals and TDI complex.
That is pretty bad ramneek and it must be god's grace on you that you came out safe from this crash.
What an irony it is but i saw your car on the flat bed all smashed up, i had gone to Murthal in my Vento with my friend to have some food from Dwarka and while coming back around 1:30-2:00, i was driving and my friend showed your car, i did not see any one around or a team bhp sticker, else would have taken a u turn and came right back to assist you. Sorry, if i missed you standing there.

What happened bro? I usually go to Murthal every weekend around 12:30-1:00 to enjoy a long drive and some paranthas but that stretch of road is mostly straight, how come did your car hit the tree? Hope the car was not rear ended by some one, the number of drunkards driving on NH1/GT road is increasing day by day.
Old 21st July 2014, 17:44   #15814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank God you are Safe. Can you kindly share more details as to how this happened??
Old 21st July 2014, 19:20   #15815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Oh my god, that looks like a bad crash. Everyone alright I hope! What happened? Can you give us more details?

Also, is the car damaged beyond being drive-able?
The car was being taken away on a flatbed truck, hence the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
That is pretty bad ramneek and it must be god's grace on you that you came out safe from this crash.
What an irony it is but i saw your car on the flat bed all smashed up, i had gone to Murthal in my Vento with my friend to have some food from Dwarka and while coming back around 1:30-2:00, i was driving and my friend showed your car, i did not see any one around or a team bhp sticker, else would have taken a u turn and came right back to assist you. Sorry, if i missed you standing there.

What happened bro? I usually go to Murthal every weekend around 12:30-1:00 to enjoy a long drive and some paranthas but that stretch of road is mostly straight, how come did your car hit the tree? Hope the car was not rear ended by some one, the number of drunkards driving on NH1/GT road is increasing day by day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Thank God you are Safe. Can you kindly share more details as to how this happened??
Thanks for your concern!

Yes i am fine and came out scratchless.

I was in the middle lane at speeds of 90-95kmph with a truck moving in the middle lane ahead of me. Another truck was in the right lane moving with almost the same speed as mine. I realised that there was no way i could have managed to move to the right lane, so i gave the right turn indicator and decided to wait for the truck in right lane to move ahead.

All of a sudden this right lane truck decides to change the lane and bangs into the right rear of my car. Now even though i am braking, my car loses control and climbs the divider, the rear left of the car hits the tree and the car lands in the middle of the opposite road with traffice coming onto me. I managed to move the car to the side safely.

The shocking part is that the divider of NH1 in this particular stretch happens to be a steep muddy slope 6-7ft in height which my car climbed in order to land in the middle of the opposite road which explains the front end damage.
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 19:30   #15816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The shocking part is that the divider of NH1 in this particular stretch happens to be a steep muddy slope 6-7ft in height which my car climbed in order to land in the middle of the opposite road which explains the front end damage.
Gosh, that explains why your car was on the opposite side towards Delhi. That is quite a crash but you were lucky that traffic from the other side did not crash into you, the average speeds on this stretch are quite high. Take care buddy and i hope your Vento is restored back soon, sad to see it in such a state.

As usual, that moron trucker must have fled the scene and kudos to Vento's build quality, just does not look like it was hit by a truck, always say that solid build is not a feature accounted for by most indians but it can come to save your life on that 1 unkucky day.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 21st July 2014 at 19:39.
Old 21st July 2014, 23:13   #15817

Quote:
Thanks for your concern!

Yes i am fine and came out scratchless.

I was in the middle lane at speeds of 90-95kmph with a truck moving in the middle lane ahead of me. Another truck was in the right lane moving with almost the same speed as mine. I realised that there was no way i could have managed to move to the right lane, so i gave the right turn indicator and decided to wait for the truck in right lane to move ahead.

All of a sudden this right lane truck decides to change the lane and bangs into the right rear of my car. Now even though i am braking, my car loses control and climbs the divider, the rear left of the car hits the tree and the car lands in the middle of the opposite road with traffice coming onto me. I managed to move the car to the side safely.

That's scary. How did you handle the situation after the accident? Was there any one else along with you in the car??
Old 22nd July 2014, 01:43   #15818
BHPian

Quote:
Gosh, that explains why your car was on the opposite side towards Delhi. That is quite a crash but you were lucky that traffic from the other side did not crash into you, the average speeds on this stretch are quite high. Take care buddy and i hope your Vento is restored back soon, sad to see it in such a state.

As usual, that moron trucker must have fled the scene and kudos to Vento's build quality, just does not look like it was hit by a truck, always say that solid build is not a feature accounted for by most indians but it can come to save your life on that 1 unkucky day.
Quote:
That's scary. How did you handle the situation after the accident? Was there any one else along with you in the car??
Yes, the truck driver fled.

The only scary part i remember was seeing the truck hitting my car in the right ovrm. It probably took a couple of seconds for my car to land on the opposite road. First thing i did was to move the car to the side. Thankfully i had enough time to do so without crashing into the oncoming traffic.

@arvindp.
No, i was alone when this happened. I was very calm so after moving the car to the side i checked the damage to the car and called roadside assistance. Then i called my dad and my chachu(uncle) to inform them of the situation. When my family arrived they found me sitting in the car talking on the phone. They were so irritated by my calm behaviour that half of them were shouting at me to come out of the car without realizing that i was assisting the flatbed driver to reach my location.

I have to give credit here to the VW roadside assistance. They were very prompt and the flatbed reached to me in less than an hour from delhi.

A Big thumbs up to the VW build quality. There was no sheet metal intrusion in spite of such a bad crash. Hopefully the car is restored and i dont have to report another VW A.S.S. horror story.

Last edited by ramneek009 : 22nd July 2014 at 01:53. Reason: Avoiding multiple posts.
ramneek009 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:18   #15819

Quote:
Yes, the truck driver fled.

@arvindp.
No, i was alone when this happened. I was very calm so after moving the car to the side i checked the damage to the car and called roadside assistance. Then i called my dad and my chachu(uncle) to inform them of the situation. When my family arrived they found me sitting in the car talking on the phone. They were so irritated by my calm behaviour that half of them were shouting at me to come out of the car without realizing that i was assisting the flatbed driver to reach my location.

I have to give credit here to the VW roadside assistance. They were very prompt and the flatbed reached to me in less than an hour from delhi.

A Big thumbs up to the VW build quality. There was no sheet metal intrusion in spite of such a bad crash. Hopefully the car is restored and i dont have to report another VW A.S.S. horror story.
You should have noted that truck registration number and filed an FIR. Most of these truck drivers drink and drive in the night. Also you would have got some money as a part of settlement which you could have used to pay the remaining money apart from insurance.

And good words to hear about VW after sales and support. Nice that you din't go through the another trouble.
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:34   #15820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You should have noted that truck registration number and filed an FIR. Most of these truck drivers drink and drive in the night. Also you would have got some money as a part of settlement which you could have used to pay the remaining money apart from insurance.

And good words to hear about VW after sales and support. Nice that you din't go through the another trouble.
He was hit by a truck and sent skidding across to the other side of the road. Where was the time to note down the truck number? More so in the night hours when traffic would be considerably less. A fellow motorist might be able to help by noting down the number and passing it on.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:53   #15821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks! According to the T.O.I Mumbai Edition today, A motorist lost his life when his car jumped the divider at Eastern Freeway. Here are a few snaps from the report:

Thanks
Well, what to say, the freeway is a speedsters DREAM. Go there in the night at 12's or 1ish and many a times you ll find yourself the only car from start to end.With the Govandi end of it thrown open, that's like 16 kilometers of road all to yourself, that would tempt a lot of people. There needs to be speed cameras there pronto.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:06   #15822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Well, what to say, the freeway is a speedsters DREAM. Go there in the night at 12's or 1ish and many a times you ll find yourself the only car from start to end.With the Govandi end of it thrown open, that's like 16 kilometers of road all to yourself, that would tempt a lot of people. There needs to be speed cameras there pronto.
A new angle to the accident.

This report claims that stolen poles weakened the divider resulting in fatality.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/o...w/38818578.cms

Quote:
Thieves who steal poles along the Eastern Freeway caused their first fatality on Monday morning when the driver of a speeding car headed from the city to the suburbs lost control and his vehicle jumped across the divider. With the crash barrier -- which the poles support - weakened, the car rammed through it and hit a vehicle heading towards South Mumbai.
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:39   #15823
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
He was hit by a truck and sent skidding across to the other side of the road. Where was the time to note down the truck number? More so in the night hours when traffic would be considerably less. A fellow motorist might be able to help by noting down the number and passing it on.
Just received a list of damaged components:
Intercooler, radiator, front and rear bumper, front fog lamps, rear tail lights, left and right quarter panel, hood, windscreen and three tyres.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:39   #15824
Senior - BHPian

Just found this news article. Three Men are found dead in a car and police suspects poisonous fumes

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/t...-lateststories

@mods, I think there is a existing thread on similar topic and this post can go there.

Last edited by Guna : 22nd July 2014 at 16:41.
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:40   #15825
BHPian

This happened on sunday near my office in sector 63, Noida. Don't have any details though about how it happened, the occupants got out in time.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1406034685947.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1406034708043.jpg  

damanshaheed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks