Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 08:22   #16366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post

Is that a Ford Figo? Looks the damage is very severe and did the bonnet area go under the truck?
Yes that is a Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
The damage to the car was disastrous yet my colleague sustained just a few superficial abrasions, thanks to his practise of wearing seat belt. Repair costs are estimated to be around 100 grand.
Such truckers may be. ..

God's grace that nothing serious happened to your friend.

Hope the car is structurally strong and worthy enough if your friend does get it repaired.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th October 2014 at 08:24.
Old 9th October 2014, 13:03   #16367
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Very sad to read about this. This news was covered in all major newspapers.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...d-car-bus.html
Old 9th October 2014, 13:27   #16368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post

While DH is saying the car was the vehicle that was speeding, TOI is reporting that the Bus was the vehicle that was speeding.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...09102014003022

The DH article carries a picture of the mangled car.

Very sad news. Lots of sad news doing the rounds over the past few days.
Old 9th October 2014, 13:54   #16369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Lots of them available online.
I purchased from ebay.in the following one:-
http://www.ebay.in/itm/301111879806?...84.m1439.l2649

The video quality and view angle is not that great, but its helpful. Just yesterday I saw Papago P1Pro on amazon.in selling for Rs.9000/-. Do check it.

Hi, sadly under such situations there is no alternative. Those guys got off their pick-up and immediately started taking snaps of my car with a digicam. Told me that the owner of the goat is going to file a police complaint. I told them they can go ahead with the police complaint and that I have video evidence. That's when they agreed to negotiations.
Finally after payment was done I made them delete the snaps in their camera and one of the guy wrote a letter on a plain paper about the incident and that adequate compensation has been provided. Though it is clear that this letter not worth the paper it is written on.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.
So far the best amongst all these is the iTracker with Arm 7 module Dash Cam with HD recording. Have been using one for almost an year with flawless performance. The images are very sharp and the display is fantastic. Comes with a GPS module and images have a date time and GPS stamp there by fixing your position by GPS cordinates. Picked mine from Aliexpress costs about 9k with 32gb mmc. Ordering from Ali Express is a breeze and deliveries are as done promised.
sanjz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 14:04   #16370
BHPian

Quote:
Just as I was approaching the Dindigul bypass an NHAI pickup stopped me and told me they has received a call regarding a hit and run. They were demanding Rs.6000/-. I showed them the dash-cam footage and managed to get some leverage. After some negotiations finally agreed on Rs.2500/- and left.
Find below the damages.
What is it that you paid for, the dead goat or for clearing its carcass?
Old 9th October 2014, 14:18   #16371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post

What is it that you paid for, the dead goat or for clearing its carcass?
They can use it for whatever they care to. Given the situation that was the only way to wiggle out.
Old 9th October 2014, 17:25   #16372
BHPian

Quote:
They can use it for whatever they care to. Given the situation that was the only way to wiggle out.
So they got money + biryani. Only in India.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 20:11   #16373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Any recommendations? I've been thinking of getting one. Are these available online?

If you are okay with spending a bit more , go for the DOD LS430/460
I got mine from Amazon US for 20K INR including duty and Shipping

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 9th October 2014, 20:39   #16374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Was that a hit-and-run accusation against a person, or the animal? If its an animal, its sheer stupidity. I don't see how hitting an untended animal becomes your fault.

You're lucky you had a dashcam to provide you evidence. I presume the reason you didn't outright refuse, or challenge the NHAI further was the presence of your family?

I just feel irritated that you were taken advantage of, for no fault of your own.
The NHAI have no right to stop you. Their job is the maintenance and clearing up of debris.

I would have told them to call the police to register the case but again you had your family with you

Also if you hit goat, you would have had a lot of damage to your bumper including blood etc.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 22:11   #16375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The NHAI have no right to stop you. Their job is the maintenance and clearing up of debris.

I would have told them to call the police to register the case but again you had your family with you

Also if you hit goat, you would have had a lot of damage to your bumper including blood etc.
You should have asked those clowns to pay for the repair charges of your car. Why do we have to pay toll for an animal infested highway. In fact isn't it their duty to ensure that there is no cattle on the road?

But then sadly all this will have to take a backseat when travelling with family. And that is exactly what these goons take advantage of.
longhorn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 12:27   #16376
BHPian

NHAI is on Facebook. Also there is a link on their website where you can raise complain anonymously. I suggest you report this incident.
IUNKWN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 13:00   #16377
Senior - BHPian

Why not complain on pgportal? that should be a good forum for this complaint.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:36   #16378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
While DH is saying the car was the vehicle that was speeding, TOI is reporting that the Bus was the vehicle that was speeding.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...09102014003022

The DH article carries a picture of the mangled car.

Very sad news. Lots of sad news doing the rounds over the past few days.
Deccan Herald article mentions that the car driver lost control at a hump and jumped the median into the oncoming traffic which doesn't put the bus driver at fault.

Times of India article is clearly written in their usual sloppy and over-dramatized version with absolutely no proof reading. I'm not sure what that author was smoking to mix two unrelated incidents into a single article and jump back and forth!

Quote:
When they reached Kudur Cross an hour later, the bus hit their car. The injured Shwetha, 25, and Nitin Chandra, 34, are undergoing treatment at BGS Hospital in Nelamangala. Nitin, who sustained head injuries, is critical. Shwetha has fractured her hand.

Kudur police have seized the bus and registered a case. call centre employee died when his motorcycle hit a Tata Sumo near Tippegondahalli Reservoir Road in Ramanagaram district on Wednesday morning.

The deceased has been identified as Infant, 22, a resident of Bangalore. Pillion rider Sujith, 18, is undergoing treatment at Rajarajeshwari Medical College on Mysore Road, police said.

Infant and Sujith were returning home after celebrating a friend’s birthday at a dhaba on Tuesday night when the accident occurred.

The five friends set out from Bangalore to Dharmasthala at 6.30am. When they reached Prithi Thomas Kudur Cross an hour later, the speeding KSRTC Volvo bus hit their car. While Vinutha and her friend Shobha died on the spot, Prithi Thomas succumbed to injuries on the way to hospital
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 16:42   #16379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Deccan Herald article mentions that the car driver lost control at a hump and jumped the median into the oncoming traffic which doesn't put the bus driver at fault.

Times of India article is clearly written in their usual sloppy and over-dramatized version with absolutely no proof reading. I'm not sure what that author was smoking to mix two unrelated incidents into a single article and jump back and forth!
Bang on zenren! This is exactly what I was reading yesterday and a good reason to subscribe to both the newspapers(?).

The culprit was the hump (rumblers) that have come up in the last few months and very very (and very) easy to miss if driving for the first time. At nights, few reflector posts do pass hints to the driver and as long as he is attentive, he can easily avoid running over this.

Talk about NHAI in Karnataka and their love for speedbreakers; They will never learn. Have seen so many lives lost on NH4 due to these killer speedbreakers.
Old 10th October 2014, 18:42   #16380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Talk about NHAI in Karnataka and their love for speed breakers; They will never learn. Have seen so many lives lost on NH4 due to these killer speed breakers.
Agree with you!! Recently on NH4 spotted a Ford Fiesta en-route to Belgaum somewhere near Davengere, where the driver had noticed the speed breakers very late and rear ended a car in front of him which had slowed down near the speed breaker. And this hump is unscientifically laid after a curve which is very difficult to spot for a new person driving on that highway.

To add to it while returning to Bangalore, at the same junction, there was a Omni which was toppled without noticing the speed-breaker and braking hard. Not sure about the casualties though.

At-least the highway patrol should take care of all this mishaps done to these so called highways and stop chasing people to bribe them for an animal coming in your way.

Thank God, I missed hitting a buffalo which came on to the right most lane of the highway when I was cruising at around 100km/hr. Imagine how miserable it would have been if I had hit that animal with 5 passengers(including me) on a Santro Xing
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks