Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2014, 20:10   #16861
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Spotted this accident at Ahmedabad - Rajkot highway. The truck had rammed another truck carrying heavy equipment from behind. The driver cabin of the truck was completely smashed.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00647.jpg
Old 25th December 2014, 22:22   #16862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Found this in a FB group. 18-year-old driving a Polo in Jammu rammed into the divider and hit an electric pole.

According to the police, the accident happened during a car racing contest after the Christmas functions were over in a nearby church last night.

Looks like the engine was dismantled completely and fallen apart. You have more pictures of this accident?? I think now instead of "Don't Drink and Drive" we need to change it to "Think before you Drive"
Old 25th December 2014, 22:40   #16863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Looks like the engine was dismantled completely and fallen apart. You have more pictures of this accident?? I think now instead of "Don't Drink and Drive" we need to change it to "Think before you Drive"
Apparently, the deceased was the son of a retired IGP & BJP leader.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo_20141225_131433.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20141225wa0003.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo_20141225_131437.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo_20141225_131456.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo_20141225_131442.jpg

SOURCES - PCI News , U4U Voice

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th December 2014 at 22:42.
Old 26th December 2014, 09:31   #16864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sorry but I vehemently disagree with your post (I've been a bit that way in the past and now I think it was a mistake).

These kinda rants irritate me no end. Let me ask why you why you feel that way?

Is it because it is someone else - someone else's father / brother / mother / sister / friend?

Is that because the emotional and physical distance of the tragedy brings out our holier-than-thou instincts?

Is it because we think we are perfect and that we never make mistakes?

I have a polite request here - let this thread be about sharing news and possibly learning from accidents. period.

The world is better off without any smug "one less idiot on the road" type posts. Maybe if you have nothing else constructive to post, why post at all?

EDIT: Of course there may be that occasional person who truly was such a jerk to deserve your words. But the average person was not.
Sorry Sir, but I find it a bit offending when you ask me why post at all. I've clearly mentioned as per your edit that its not intended for an average person at all. I know its obvious that we know nothing about the accident scenario so the criticism wasn't directed in general.

My theory is very simple. If someone threatens you and your family with dire consequences, you obviously won't be having compassion for such a person. And that's what exactly people who endanger lives of families on the road deserve.

If its a general opinion on the forum that I must be axed for voicing my criticism against bad driving in harsh words, so be it. If it's in the wrong thread, please accept my apologies. Please remember that even you agreed with my statement in the last sentence although mildly. So go easy on me
jagzrk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 11:17   #16865
Distinguished - BHPian

WOW....engine completely and surgically removed from Polo. And some one with eye to negative press removed the number plates proto!!
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 11:41   #16866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
WOW....engine completely and surgically removed from Polo. And some one with eye to negative press removed the number plates proto!!
Yes the engine is suspiciously missing from the scene but I guess in the case of the number plate that it could have fallen off due to 'that' kind of impact.

Also: I don't know why but this Polo's missing engine reminds me of the 'Polo: the mint with a hole ad!'
Old 26th December 2014, 12:23   #16867
BHPian

Saw this on Christmas morning yesterday just before Vashi Toll.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2014122500187.jpg
PGNarain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 13:08   #16868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Sorry Sir, but I find it a bit offending when you ask me why post at all. I've clearly mentioned as per your edit that its not intended for an average person at all. I know its obvious that we know nothing about the accident scenario so the criticism wasn't directed in general.

My theory is very simple. If someone threatens you and your family with dire consequences, you obviously won't be having compassion for such a person. And that's what exactly people who endanger lives of families on the road deserve.

If its a general opinion on the forum that I must be axed for voicing my criticism against bad driving in harsh words, so be it. If it's in the wrong thread, please accept my apologies. Please remember that even you agreed with my statement in the last sentence although mildly. So go easy on me
My point is that you cannot know for sure what happened in an accident unless an eyewitness poses the details here. That would pretty much be the rarest of rare cases in my mind (you probably seem to indicate that one can reliabily pass such judgment in many more cases).

e.g You cannot know just by seeing that smashed i10 picture what really went wrong except that the i10 was on the wrong side of the road. http://zeenews.india.com/news/photog...cember-1513431 We cannot say anything else with certainty even in such an accident.

Thus my suggestion "why post?" does not mean:
- that you be axed!
- that your post be deleted etc.

My suggestion (to belabor the simple point) is that one must NOT jump to conclusions unless there's proving that the driver "deserved it". I am only requesting for the same standards of politeness and niceness as you would do in real life - would you go to a deceased colleague's family and say "I've seen him drive quite rashly in the past. Good, he got what he deserved!"? By the same standards, we should refrain from passing judgment in such cases.

Of course, its a free world so you can go ahead and post as you like. It was just my request.
phamilyman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 21:35   #16869

BMW rams auto rickshaws; Driver seriously injured

A BMW driven by Kerala Government chief whip PC George's private secretary's son, speed to right lane of the road & knocked two auto rickshaws, on Thursday.
One of the auto-drivers was seriously injured and was shifted to medical college hospital.

Source: Kerala Kaumudi http://www.kaumudi.com/innerpage1.php?newsid=59317

Video news :
(Sorry the video report is in Malayalam)

Being someone with political connections(He is actually an young entrepreneur), I think there is a prejudice about him from the medias & social networking sites.
Six months ago he was accused for molesting a journalist in a Tata Nano while he was driving his Audi to the work. Later using CCTV videos it was found, he was innocent.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw.jpg  

Old 26th December 2014, 22:08   #16870
BHPian

Witnessed this while returning from Indore to Hyderabad near Gulbarga.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140921_143047.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140921_143112.jpg  

his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 23:40   #16871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Witnessed this while returning from Indore to Hyderabad near Gulbarga.
From the looks of it, looks like an overtaking gone wrong for the truck and the car had to bear the brunt.

Also from the pictures, I will be mighty surprised if the driver came out alive.
Old 27th December 2014, 00:15   #16872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
From the looks of it, looks like an overtaking gone wrong for the truck and the car had to bear the brunt.

Also from the pictures, I will be mighty surprised if the driver came out alive.
Probably driver and neighbor bore the brunt as it was smashed badly. The car and truck were pulled to a side to avoid disturbance to traffic. Its horrific, and explains the importance of Airbags these days.
Old 27th December 2014, 00:19   #16873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

What I'm really surprised is that here the Eon could have gone off the road and saved itself (and quite likely the driver). Wonder what happened here really?
Old 27th December 2014, 00:34   #16874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
What I'm really surprised is that here the Eon could have gone off the road and saved itself (and quite likely the driver). Wonder what happened here really?
Very true, not sure about this case but I have seen 'ego' playing a big part in many demises and accidents in India. 'I ll pressurize him to move back to his lane', 'How dare he come head on into my car? I ll not move and make him move as I am right' etc etc happens a lot in our country, which quite frankly is a hideous attitude for the simple reason if the opposite person is making a dangerous overtake, neither we know him, neither do we have any personal relations with him, neither is he doing it to take some kind of revenge. We should just brake and get out of the way for the safety of the people inside our car and the car itself even if it means the car goes over a stone, goes into a ditch or simply has its underbelly scraped. In the end its the presence of mind also, maybe our's will work that time, maybe not.

I just had a re look at the picture, I guess the EON guy must have not wanted to hit the concrete block rail kind of thing on the left and maybe in his mind he must have thought the truck might move away and the situation might never reach this critical that an actual head on might take place. Just an assumption.

Last edited by humyum : 27th December 2014 at 00:36.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 01:13   #16875
BANNED

That isn't an EON, it is the grand i10. It looks like it it the version equipped with airbags. Maybe that is what might've saved him.
The front doesn't look damaged, the roof and the A pillar has collapsed, how is that possible?
The impact must have been tremendous to trigger the airbags, remember the black polo by Frontosa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks