Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 18:21   #17506
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Attaching a picture of a bonnet mirror collected by Police from the accident site on NH 47 near Eramalloor, in Alappuzha District of Kerala.

A post in a facebook page on behalf of the Inspector of Police of the local station requests the general public to pass on any information or whereabouts of a vehicle, involved in a hit and run case that happened at 0730 Hrs on April 3, 2015.
The vehicle fled, after hitting a 60 year old lady who breathed her last at the accident site itself.

Police suspect the vehicle to be a silver colored Xylo.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-xxx.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th April 2015 at 18:23.
Old 18th April 2015, 02:25   #17507
BHPian

Received few pics from a friend on whatsapp. He claims to see this accident in front of his eyes.
This incident happened in front of Techno India Group, Sector-5, Kolkata. This wagonR was turning left and a honda city came zooming from the opposite side. Upon watching the wagonR, the honda city couldn't control itself and rammed into the left door of the wagonR. The Honda City fled the spot immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1429304118728.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1429304131873.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1429304142785.jpg  

Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 17:32   #17508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Unless it's going to the factory for this, it could be Rolls Royce. The body shops work will be diddly compared to the line. The charges could be the same as a new car, even for a Hyundai.
Technology has advanced quite a bit. With computerised equipment, the chassis can be repaired and the car can be nearly as good as new.
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:57   #17509
Team-BHP Support

A Swift t-boned by a tipper truck at a junction (on a 4-laned highway) and dragged ahead by some 10-15 m:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20150422_07_50_41_pro.jpg

The truck might have assumed the Swift would stop at the junction but he didn't and the Swift would have thought the truck would slow down for him, but he didn't either. I hope the passengers survived!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:18   #17510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A Swift t-boned by a tipper truck at a junction (on a 4-laned highway) and dragged ahead by some 10-15 m:

Attachment 1363321

The truck might have assumed the Swift would stop at the junction but he didn't and the Swift would have thought the truck would slow down for him, but he didn't either. I hope the passengers survived!
I do not see any approach road and from the pic it looks like the Swift is caught in No Man's Land!!

Hope no passengers at this side or it would have hurt!!
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:22   #17511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
I do not see any approach road and from the pic it looks like the Swift is caught in No Man's Land!!

Hope no passengers at this side or it would have hurt!!
To the left, you see a zebra crossing, indication there is an approach road on the left. The car got dragged for 10-15 mts (as per OP) which is now in no man's land.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:27   #17512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
I do not see any approach road
The road isn't captured in the pic. It is to the left of the pic.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:15   #17513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Received few pics from a friend on whatsapp. He claims to see this accident in front of his eyes.
This incident happened in front of Techno India Group, Sector-5, Kolkata. This wagonR was turning left and a honda city came zooming from the opposite side. Upon watching the wagonR, the honda city couldn't control itself and rammed into the left door of the wagonR. The Honda City fled the spot immediately.

loved the way you described it, especially

Quote:
Upon watching the wagonR, the honda city couldn't control itself and rammed into the left door of the wagonR
Quote:

The Honda City fled the spot immediately.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:21   #17514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Attachment 1363321

Might have been a failed attempt to cut through the small gap between the truck on the left and another vehicle on the RHS . The car would have been thrown away or toppled if this was a T bone .
Old 22nd April 2015, 19:47   #17515
BHPian

INHUMAN:

http://gossipticket.com/this-dog-kil...st-him-now/643
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:50   #17516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
loved the way you described it, especially
I described it as my friend told me.
The wagonR wasn't at fault. He lit up his indicators too. The Honda City was at fault. It was approaching in speed. The Honda City suffered minor damage, the bumper got dislocated from the right side and headlight got cracked. When the wagonR owner parked his car came out to talk, the Honda City took the chance and went away. The wagonR was being driven by a 3rd year college student as stated by ny friend.
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:28   #17517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
INHUMAN:
This was too gruesome.

This reminds me of a psychological test conducted in a western country (I don't remember which one). It was conducted by a doctor to study the mentality of highway drivers against animals. He placed real-looking animal dummies on both sides of the highway close to the main carraigeway. About 80% of the drivers stuck to their lanes as to not run over these "animals". 20% of the drivers went out of their way and wantedly ran over these dummies. 90% of the remaining 20% were SUV drivers!!
gabrielthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:51   #17518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Something doesn't seem right about the description. I'm confused!

How can a car turning left get hit on the left side by a car coming from the opposite side?

If the Honda City was coming from the same side, it is very likely Wagon R was not in the proper lane for a left turn if the impact is at front door.

If the Honda City was actually coming from the opposite side, the Wagon R should have been taking a right turn. In that case, we cannot say Wagon R is not at fault since it would be technically the Wagon R that jumped in front of a Honda City that was going straight. Vehicle taking the right turn should yield for traffic going straight if there is no signal light.

If the Honda City was coming from the road on the left, it should have been driving on the right side of the road and the Wagon R would also have to be turning at a very big angle to the right side of the road instead of keeping to the left. Otherwise, the front right is where the impact would have happened.

Last edited by zenren : 23rd April 2015 at 10:58. Reason: Added 3rd possibility
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 18:54   #17519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Something doesn't seem right about the description. I'm confused!

How can a car turning left get hit on the left side by a car coming from the opposite side?

If the Honda City was coming from the same side, it is very likely Wagon R was not in the proper lane for a left turn if the impact is at front door.

If the Honda City was actually coming from the opposite side, the Wagon R should have been taking a right turn. In that case, we cannot say Wagon R is not at fault since it would be technically the Wagon R that jumped in front of a Honda City that was going straight. Vehicle taking the right turn should yield for traffic going straight if there is no signal light.

If the Honda City was coming from the road on the left, it should have been driving on the right side of the road and the Wagon R would also have to be turning at a very big angle to the right side of the road instead of keeping to the left. Otherwise, the front right is where the impact would have happened.
I'm very very sorry. I didn't see my mistake earlier. My sincere apology for this.
The wagonR guy was turning left and the Honda City guy was coming from the same side in such kind of speed which shouldn't be done at that place. My friend told that the wagonR guy was not at fault. So I wrote as he stated. I'm very sorry for the mistake and thank you for correcting me.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 23rd April 2015, 19:47   #17520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
This video had me in tears. I don't know how people can be so cruel.

Most probably the driver was a learner or one who did not realize that a dog was lying there.

Most Viewed