Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2015, 06:54   #17686
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Yet another accident near Annur. Crashed into the STC bus when overtaking. Report says the Swift bore temporary registration plates. 6 casualties.

Doesn't help in this case, but the accident exposes the flimsy front end of the Swift.

Image source: Dinamalar tamil epaper.
It's not the right forum to discuss the build quality of any car, but if you notice a few posts earlier; a swift did well against a BMW, however people died due to their negligence (didn't buckle-up). In this case, it was different sized vehicles and hence the larger damage. IMO surely no sedans or SUV's Pillars can take such brunt.

Last edited by sgmitr13 : 25th May 2015 at 06:56.
sgmitr13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 09:26   #17687
BHPian

Quote:
Yet another accident report from TN.

Punto (Active) smashed. The photo is gruesome so i am adding a link to the news site directly.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2830050.ece

Photo:

http://media.newindianexpress.com/Si...x%20Killed.jpg
That happened at the Tindivanam intersection. That's the most dangerous intersection on NH45! Road takes a very sharp left curve when you're heading towards trichy. It'll appear as though the road is going straight, only regulars on that route can speed through that intersection. I have seen on several occasions the cars that were ahead of me almost going into the opposite lane only to notice the intersection at the last second & swerve back :/

RIP to the 4 souls.
Old 25th May 2015, 11:15   #17688
Team-BHP Support

A hit-and-run incident happened in Surat on Saturday night.

Sources:

Divyabhaskar

Patrika

Translated:

Quote:
A speeding Audi A4 hit 3 motorcyclists, a rickshaw and a car - 5 were injured (as per hearsay, 2 have expired) including a pregnant woman and 2 sweepers.

The driver of the car, Amol Patel fled the spot in another car immediately after this happened. Angry people vandalized the car. When the cops raided his home, his brother and father were also missing. The culprit surrendered at the police station later.
Old 25th May 2015, 11:28   #17689
Distinguished - BHPian

And NDTV and Marathi Channels reporting an Accident between a TT and a Luxury Bus on Mumbai Ahmedabad highway killing 11 including a 5 year old child.

Reports mention this to be a head on and images too hint the same. Wondering if this was a case of wrong side driving!

Am sure we will get more reports soon. This seems to have happened within Thane limits and so am expecting this to be between Ghodbunder and Manor.

Last edited by paragsachania : 25th May 2015 at 11:47.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 12:47   #17690
BHPian

Quote:
Yet another accident report from TN.

Punto (Active) smashed. The photo is gruesome so i am adding a link to the news site directly.
I felt very sorry on seeing the pic posted. This is sheer speeding. Maintaining 80+ on Indian highways is reasonably good and safe. Any unpredicted interference can easily be judged and avoided. Especially this NH45 route has almost become like any other city road these days at least till Tindivanam. People still treat this as an highway and floor the pedal.
Old 25th May 2015, 13:13   #17691
Team-BHP Support

And everytime I come across comments
Quote:
I am buying this car to do marathon speed runs & maintain 120/140 on highways
All I do is

For marathon runs, follow Parag Bhai's principle
Quote:
Less of abrupt braking and acceleration, seamless gearshifts, smooth lane shifting, All time AC and some quick breaks helped a lot like they have all these years.

So while crusing on the carriageway, I had to ensure it felt like we were gliding with minimal turbulence ☺.
SOURCE
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 13:25   #17692
BHPian

http://www.loksatta.com/maharashtra-...ndhra-1106436/

Another day another accident, RIP the deceased. It seems a good number of gruesome accidents are involving the people heading to pilgrimage/marriage/public meets in a group.

- Take unworthy vehicle on road, load it with more people than prescribed capacity
- Try to cover more places than possible for any sane person, so speeding / rash driving
- night driving involving already exhausted diver(s), carrying inflamable items (stoves, cylinder)
- the attitude/misadventure owing to mob mentality ( stopping in middle of road, screaming, road rage)

Now put some/all of this on a unknown terrain/roads, a perfect recipie for disaster/accident
Old 25th May 2015, 16:10   #17693
BHPian

Witnessed this crash at 8 AM in Sullia yesterday.

4 kids on 2 unregistered RC390's with no gear (we all know 'ATGATT' - All The Gear All The Time' but please don't go off on a lecture). They saw us riding SBKs and went into Rossi mode trying to overtake us and cut us off.

Since it had just rained and we were riding up twisties, we were all below 50 km/h. While the boys on one bike slowed down just in time for the turn, the other bike took a turn at crazy speed, skidded, flipped the bike and got thrown off. They both went flying into the hillock (which was soft thanks to the rains), hit it and fell between the hill and the concrete barrier/gutter. Both helmetless wonders were badly injured.

One was brought to Mangalore in a serious condition. I dropped in at the hospital later in the evening and thankfully he seemed to be fine, but shaken.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rc.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rc-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rc-2.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th May 2015 at 14:33. Reason: Formatting edits.
james is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 21:07   #17694
BHPian

I don't know if this video is already posted , but even if it had been, I would not mind sharing it again !

I always wear a seat belt before I move the vehicle but I generally do not insist others to wear it too but this video has changed my perception.

Now, no way I am going to allow people in the car I drive unfastened which is a serious threat not only to themselves but the others too !

Last edited by poised2drive : 25th May 2015 at 21:12.
poised2drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 07:19   #17695
BHPian

Today morning's Accident

Time :02:30 AM
Reason : Drunken Driving

The car had a team-bhp sticker behind it.

Casualities : No, They both hurt their Jaw and the driver could not speak [infact they were lucky enough to be alive since they hadn't worn seat belts]
They both played a lot of drama in front of the people and police that there was a third guy who drove the car and he ran away.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_031111.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_024958.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_023713.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_023825.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_030449.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_031233.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_031239.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20150526_023648.jpg  

Last edited by BIBIN004 : 26th May 2015 at 07:21.
BIBIN004 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 09:07   #17696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBIN004 View Post
Today morning's Accident

Casualities : No, They both hurt their Jaw and the driver could not speak [infact they were lucky enough to be alive since they hadn't worn seat belts]
They both played a lot of drama in front of the people and police that there was a third guy who drove the car and he ran away.
have spotted that car before. IIRC the spot is just after the DC Lounge. they knocked over that telephone thingy; wonder how many phones went dead.
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 11:42   #17697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBIN004 View Post
Today morning's Accident

I hope they were booked by the cops for DUI. They could have easily hurt or worse killed someone.
Old 26th May 2015, 12:09   #17698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
I hope they were booked by the cops for DUI. They could have easily hurt or worse killed someone.
true. i've seen couple of folks sleeping on the pavement on that stretch sometimes. could have been a another salman-like accident
Old 26th May 2015, 13:02   #17699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
.....young boys died for no fault of theirs ......
I do sympathize with the family left behind, but what would you call irresponsible joyriding in what pretty much amounts to a stolen car? No fault of theirs?

Quote:
These two were the sole breadwinners of the family.
That didn't seem to deter them from indulging in potentially suicidal activities, did it?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 16:00   #17700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
... they knocked over that telephone thingy; wonder how many phones went dead.
Until I saw your comment, I thought it was an EB connection box (yes, you are right, it looks much more like telephone) and that, if it was, they were lucky not to fry themselves!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks