Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 19:54   #1801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
This proves Verna doesn't make a good pursuit vehicle.

What a way to end life ! Verna occupants qualify for The Darwin Awards
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
He is not. Police has booked a case against Mr. Rana for "Rash and Negligent driving" who was driving Verna.

Verna doesn't have airbags and looking at the after impact pics i dont think they would have helped in anyway.
I'm sure everyone is putting on a resolutely sad face over the news of the Verna accident, but I'm not so sure whether to laugh or cry, or even be angry.

I actually burst out laughing when a friend saw the pics of the car and commented, "Arrey, yeh toh Verna ko Impala bana diya."

Case against the owner-driver of the car for rash and negligent driving?? Didn't he pay the supreme price of a one-way ticket to the Great Cop Above? The Delhi Police didn't get their cut???

Someone goofed in not noting down the Alto's number - no newspaper printed it. That set of guys must have left town and disappeared by now, thanking their stars that the Verna never caught up. After all, Mr. Rana had a gun in there...

And @diabloo: Yeah - the Verna doesn't make a good pursuit vehicle. Whenever it tries to do so, it converts to an Impala.Mr. Rana gets a posthumous Darwin Award!!!
Old 6th March 2009, 20:27   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I'm sure everyone is putting on a resolutely sad face over the news of the Verna accident, but I'm not so sure whether to laugh or cry, or even be angry.
I'm just confused.
Was brought up to believe that the good guys always win!
Surely there was bad intent: packing a gun to discipline a few erring youngsters!

Who are the bad guys in this story?
Old 6th March 2009, 23:09   #1803
BHPian

RIP to the Verna guys. But imagine a couple of dudes outside your home creating a ruckus would one go after them gung-ho or call the cops?
Old 6th March 2009, 23:15   #1804
BHPian

A general question on safety. Are seatbelts compulsary all over the country now?
Old 6th March 2009, 23:28   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox22 View Post
A general question on safety. Are seatbelts compulsary all over the country now?
yes it is. but then people really dont follow it everywhere.
Old 6th March 2009, 23:52   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Recd in Mail. Thought its worthwhile to share.

I went to a party Mom,
I remembered what you said.
I didn't drink and drive,
So why am I the one to die?
The only thing that made my eyes wet. May God bless every child a long life, AMEN.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th March 2009 at 00:23. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 7th March 2009, 00:15   #1807
BHPian

An accident that i witnessed: on a Tuesday morning at around 9.30 i was on my way to tuition as there was a test and i was well prepared but for not what i was about to see. on my way after some 4 k.m.s A two wheeler on the right side of the road just in front of my eyes got hit by a car driven by a boy, the person on that scooter was a middle aged guy most probably out for office, his lunch box laid far as the scooter and his helmet which just left him after a hit on the divider and next was his head but i couldn't see what happened next as i just passed by him by that time and it was a total shocking scene for a guy like me who in his school times got punched by a guy and didn't even retaliated just for the sake of being non violent, i parked my car next and in no time there were about 30-40 onlookers but no one took pain of helping the guy as he laid on the road as if he has nobody to care for and no one to care for him, i was standing just lifeless as him know nothing if the driver of the car fled or what as i was so shocked to see this happening just in front of my eyes, after some 2 minutes i recollected myself and drove to nearest PCR cum Ambulance as it was just some 700 meters away on a straight road i told them what happened, they replied we will see to it you go do what you are upto (ja ke apna kaam kar beta) next was nothing but i went on and from that day on i never turned to that road again. it was horrible and made me think if still human life is priceless in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripperGH View Post
Here's an accident from Besant Nagar in Chennai. Right after the Theosophical Society. This is my car that caught on fire due to an engine fault probably, there's no way of knowing since it's so badly burned. If you can name what car this is I'll be thoroughly impressed. The Police Commissioner thought it was an Accent upon first arriving.

-DT
just to try and not to disappoint you drums in rear and cuts and curves like a civic or a Ford Ikon as for civic rear drums won't do the thing so i stick to Ikon.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th March 2009 at 16:58. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 7th March 2009, 00:47   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
yes it is. but then people really dont follow it everywhere.
Do the police enforce it? Whats the fine like if you are caught?
Old 7th March 2009, 01:22   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox22 View Post
Do the police enforce it? Whats the fine like if you are caught?
they try to! i have seen cops lawfully regulating traffic on the roads and making sure people follow rules. but then again there is the other category as well!

you can get away by giving 100 bucks. get a ticket or grease his palms your wish.
every element in this society has to function right in order to regulate things the right way.
Old 7th March 2009, 09:28   #1810
BHPian

Update on the Verna case -

Quote:
Rohini chase: Car driver booked
After he rammed his car into a truck and lost three of his friends in an accident on Thursday, Pramod Rana, in a critical state himself, was booked for causing death due to rash and negligent driving. The incident took place when six RWA members of a society in Sector 24, Rohini, were reportedly chasing a bunch of hooligans in their car to teach them a lesson. A police officer also said that while a complaint against the hooligans in an Alto car was registered, the cops have found no traces to them.
Old 7th March 2009, 19:02   #1811
Senior - BHPian

What a case is booked against Verna driver ? A person who was doing the right thing for the community and the nation ?
Ah! I forgot this is India.

Now this brings me to another case:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...hed-death.html

Would the car driver be ever booked as he rammed into a truck and damaged it ?

Utterly disastrous behavior from this country's police department.

I think those Alto guys must be given the punishment of ramming the Alto at the top speed against a train doing 90 kmph.

I am in shock and this news gives me shivers about even surviving in this country.
Old 7th March 2009, 19:23   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
What a case is booked against Verna driver ? A person who was doing the right thing for the community and the nation ?
Ah! I forgot this is India.
Now please c'mon... first we say there isnt any law in this country and when it is followed we give some reason or the other for not following it. The fact is whatever he was going was 'wrong' and because of it 3 people were killed. Its unfortunate alright but he should have been more careful.

There are many times we take law into our own hands to teach people a lesson because we can do that. But do we do anything against the politicians who are doing it in front of everyone's eyes.. NO... Can there be a bigger hypocrite? again NO?
The fact is that we need something to vent out our day to day frustrations on... take the latest case in which four youths were lynched by a mob in noida when they barged into a locked house with the purpose of burglary. Why because they had no Z+ security and once confronted with a big mob they were absolutely and utterly helpless. Now would that mob do the same when a politician comes along to ask for votes?

Before we blame cops for everything think of the condition in which they work? For a meagre 10k salary they are expected to work round the clock, 365 days a year and put their life on the line. They dont even get proper chase cars, arms and ammunation. And thats before we come to the redtape and exploitation by the seniors.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 7th March 2009 at 19:42.
Old 7th March 2009, 23:24   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Recd in Mail. Thought its worthwhile to share.

I went to a party Mom,
I remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom,
So I drank soda instead.

Someone should have told him, Mom,
Not to drink and drive.
If only they had told him, Mom,
I would still be alive.
My breath is getting shorter, Mom.
I'm becoming very scared.
Please don't cry for me, Mom.
When I needed you, you were always there.
I have one last question, Mom.
Before I say good bye.
I didn't drink and drive,
So why am I the one to die?
Awesome dude, simply heart touching or i should say soul touching.
Tell my brother not to cry, Mom.
Tell Daddy to be brave.
And when I go to heaven, Mom,
Put 'GOOD BOY ' on my grave.
great lines...

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th March 2009 at 00:09. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2009, 17:24   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Saw this dumped in the bushes behind a church. Wonder how it happened - must have happened a long time ago!
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-omni1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-omni2.jpg
Old 8th March 2009, 18:17   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Accident on ORR(on the road towards KR Puram)

This morning saw an Accent rammed intothe side wall just after the railway bridge(before Baghini, Ferns Aprtments)

It seemed like a bad crash saw the bumper fallen off.....did anyone spot it?

Most Viewed