re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Could this be the reason -

> Honorable Chief Minister ,
> Mr.Siddaramaiah will be visiting
> Bellandur ward (150) on Today at 10.30 AM and interacting
> with the residents.Venue: Bellandur Junction
> (ORR).
> All are welcome.

Last edited by Acharya : 18th August 2015 at 15:25.
Old 18th August 2015, 23:12   #18452
BHPian

22 year old burnt to death after the car he was driving collided with a truck carrying coal at Haripad, Kerala. Passenger in the car got thrown out of the car and lost consciousness. Reports say the coal got dumped over the car and caught fire. Only when the passenger gained consciousness at the hospital did the police know that the driver was trapped inside the car. The accident took place at 3:30 in the morning.
Old 18th August 2015, 23:54   #18453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Two teens on bike kill cyclist in Chennai.

Quote:

Two teenagers crashed their superbike at high speed into a 30-year-old mechanic, killing him on the spot in Selaiyur on Sunday afternoon, police said. Raji Ganesh, 18, and Akash, 15, later smashed into a parked minilorry and are now in a private hospital where the condition of the older boy is said to be critical. The impact of the crash destroyed the bike which, according to unconfirmed reports, was a Kawazaki AZ-14R with an on-road price tag of Rs 17.66 lakh.

I believe the vehicle is mistyped and should be Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R.
Police version says 18 year old was riding the bike nevertheless without a license and safety gears

News LINK
some pictures of the accident. Link to the article
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kawasakininjazx14rcrashedinchennai4.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kawasakininjazx14rcrashedinchennai3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kawasakininjazx14rcrashedinchennai1.jpg  

knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 08:16   #18454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Today Janhavi Gadkar(woman lawyer who smashed her Audi into a taxi killing two people on the spot) was released on bail after spending 58 nights in jail.

Its very sad to see women who had killed 2 people got bail. Infact police should not arrest the rich high class people who drink and drive, anyway they will get bail.

I am pained to see this moron free, I am sure she will immediately start celebrating her release with a quick drive

That apart when the fat boy can get scot free due papa or the aging 'star' can lie his way out of prison for 20 years, why shouldn't she?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2015 at 07:04. Reason: Rule No. 11
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:42   #18455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Not exactly. Blame the mentality of people also over here.----SNIP--- rocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
You nailed it.
I know people who ----SNIP--------strati
Around the world people will abuse rentals, precisely because they don't own it.
Clarkson acknowledged that the fastest car in the world is a rental. And the way he drove across NZ, our rental drivers have a long way to go.

No defense for bad drivers, on any class of vehicle, but we're hardly pathbreakers here, what.

Here's a good read:
Would you buy a rental?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Drive it as if you stole it.

Well, rented it is not far off.
Exactamente.

Last edited by mayankk : 19th August 2015 at 10:44.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 11:40   #18456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Clarkson acknowledged that the fastest car in the world is a rental. And the way he drove across NZ, our rental drivers have a long way to go.
I am not even doubting that
All I wanted to say is you didn't rent your life. You own it. So, handle it as a owner.
Otherwise, this is the surest, shortest and fastest way to attain instant nirvana.
FORTified is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 12:28   #18457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
... ... ...
All I wanted to say is you didn't rent your life. You own it. So, handle it as a owner.
Otherwise, this is the surest, shortest and fastest way to attain instant nirvana.

Very good point. I had forgotten, but I used to say, about driving company cars, rental cars, even my own cars, "I'm much more worried about damaging me than I am about damaging the car!"

(of course: I'm worried about damaging other people's bodies too)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 08:35   #18458
Distinguished - BHPian

TVS Showroom on hosur road near silkboard, Bangalore has caught fire it seems. Please avoid that area if possible as there might ve a traffic jam.
Has anyone got photos and more details?
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 09:16   #18459
BHPian

Respect the RED.

https://video-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...d4&oe=55D56AC2

Source :
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 14:16   #18460
Senior - BHPian

Just received in whats-app that car in which ministers from Kerala namely Mr Kunjhalikutty,Mr Ramesh Chennithala, Mr T N Prathapan MLA and Ivy Paul MLA met with an accident involving 5 cars. Thankfully no one is seriously hurt.
Old 20th August 2015, 14:49   #18461
BHPian

A Kerala State RTC Ordinary bus lost control while trying to save a motorcyclist and toppled and fell on the car killing almost 8 people till this time.
This stretch is known for accidents and is a 2-lane road without divider in between.

See news in malayalam: http://www.mathrubhumi.com/story.php?id=570098
Old 20th August 2015, 16:44   #18462
BHPian

So a street racer bites the dust. One dead and another caught in a high speed chase by police.

I had been at the receiving end of these wanna be racers myself. Once while returning from South Bombay late in the night, they did everything possible to provoke me into street racing. And this included loud taunts, sudden overtaking and braking right in front of my bike. Probably they felt insecure seeing a big bike.

I don't have any sympathy for these hooligans.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/48549094.cms

Quote:
High-speed pursuit from Worli to Jogeshwari

Malwani man dies in collision with car while trying to flee; only one biker held.

A speeding biker died and the pillion rider was injured while trying to escape from the police early on Tuesday.

The two Malwani men, who collided with a car at Kherwadi junction, were part of a racers' group that was chased from Worli to Jogeshwari by teams from seven police stations.

During the nearly 24-km pursuit, the group, riding modified motorcycles with greater acceleration, mocked cops for being too slow and even verbally abused them, according to police sources. Only one biker was nabbed, while the rest escaped. The arrested suspect, Adil Khan (31), was let off after a fine.

The deceased biker has been identified as Imran Khan, who was in his late 20s. He and pillion rider Mubarak Shaikh were thrown off their motorcycle after a collision with a Swift at Kherwadi junction. According to the police, the collision took place after Imran tried to overtake the car. Mubarak is being treated at a Malwani hospital.

Last edited by Gotham_City : 20th August 2015 at 16:59.
Gotham_City is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 17:49   #18463
Senior - BHPian

Yes, no sympathy from me too. I am surprised the biker caught by the cops was let off after just a fine.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 22:01   #18464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't have any sympathy for these hooligans.
This is where the police needed some education. there are times you need to call of chase to catch them alive. In US the cops can be sued if this happened because of the chase. Motorcycles are usually not part of a chase and capture in the US most of the times. Its better to wait for the hooligans to stop and plan for capture based on license plates, camera or even a safer way of chasing.

The same reason sometimes a chopper chases a bike and not cars or motorcycle in many parts of US is to avoid enabling the hooligans to make an unneccessary mistake.

Imaging instead of the hooligan dying, just because he was chased, he drove into you or me and we are either maimed or dead. Its just too dangerous to chase a motorcycle which is far nimble and faster than escaping in a car.

I wish they used the ones who were caught as a way to make these escapees report to police station and avoided death of the hooligan.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 09:32   #18465
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure you can blame the cops for this one. They were already racing and driving dangerously and so would have tried to overtake the swift regardless of whether or not a cop was chasing them.

A sweep to locate and impound all such illegally modded and most likely not road safe bikes proactively would be a good thing.

Most Viewed