Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 18:34   #18616
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
If the current accident is because of skinny tyres alone? doubtful
I think I could not make the intent of my comment clear. The quality in question was low ruling resistance as cause of accident and I don't agree to it. If that is the case, all tire manufactures will not advertise this at all.
Old 10th September 2015, 11:03   #18617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Happened to see their photographs in which the faces of all of them are visible. Perhaps the two drag racers can be identified and reported to BTP? The two Dukes in question are clearly visible in the photographs too.
I can post/share the link of the photographs if needed.

As I was going through their photos, I was appalled at how they have literally occupied all the lanes of the Airport Expressway just for the sake of a prospective display picture! Many instances of this nonsense occuring.

In another, they've blocked the traffic from behind, the BMTC Airport Bus as well, and unaware of the harassment they're causing to travellers (many in a rush maybe!), they're riding on posing for the camera.

About time they changed their name from Goldtown Bikers to Goldtown Squids.
What a disgrace to the avid motorcycling community.
thanks man, just looked them up on Facebook and man they look like a bunch of spoilt brats riding expensive bikes, such wannabes. it's because of idiots like these that the police and the RTO clamp down on all bikers.

and yes, those two Dukes were the ones racing - KA-05-JG-6872 and KA-05-JG-7661. they did a couple of laps up and down and then one of them was doing a speed run.
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:01   #18618
BHPian

A video from Kolkata Traffic Police doing the rounds in whatsapp / FB to make people aware of the perils of not abiding by traffic rules.

ankan.m.blr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 11:29   #18619
BHPian

Man, some of the accidents in the Kolkata video above are plain scary. I always felt Kolkata has much saner drivers, but a few esp the overspeeding bus one, shows there are some really mental people behind the wheel.
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 13:25   #18620
Senior - BHPian

Maniacs exist every where. It is just that few instances were caught on tape / video surveillance and Kolkata Traffic Police page on Facebook circulated the same for awareness on Safe Driving.

Except few parts of the city, stopping before the STOP line is religiously followed by all. But people do tend to rush towards the Yellow / Amber light at an intersection and deliberately break the Red Light.

Similarly, helmets for driver and pillion rider is compulsory. But mortal beings tend to break rules at times.

Good initiative by Kolkata Traffic Police
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 21:15   #18621
Distinguished - BHPian

No pictures, I'm afraid... only a body.

Elderly gentleman living opposite to me. I think he must have visited the mosque at every prayer time, as he was always coming and going, and we would often nod as I got my car out. Today I had to go and give the final nod.

He usually took a moped; this time he was on foot. The reported story is that two youngsters on bikes, said to be racing, knocked him over and just sped away. He hit his head and died after spending a short time in a coma.

Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
A video from Kolkata Traffic Police doing the rounds in whatsapp / FB to make people aware of the perils of not abiding by traffic rules.
I don't think it has any effect whatsoever. It is always somebody else's problem, somebody else's accident, and somebody else's fault. Actually, it reminds me of my smoking days: TV programs about the tar in my lungs only made me reach for a cigarette.

There is an amazing bit of lifesaving in that video (I hope he succeeded) where a guy pulls someone from under a moving bus just as the wheel would have gone over his head.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 11th September 2015 at 21:18.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 21:32   #18622
Senior - BHPian

Major pile up accident on Marathalli bridge, Bangalore.

Initial images on this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3800175

Last edited by ajmat : 11th September 2015 at 22:14.
Old 11th September 2015, 22:12   #18623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
OMG, that video is quite scary with all those SOUNDS in the Background

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

There is an amazing bit of lifesaving in that video (I hope he succeeded) where a guy pulls someone from under a moving bus just as the wheel would have gone over his head.
I guess you're talking about the last accident visual. But as I see, the man falls and his legs seem to be on the path of wheels and the good samaritan pull him back though it appears that the wheels had already moved past the body.

Just hoping that I might be wrong !
poised2drive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 23:02   #18624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No pictures, I'm afraid... only a body.

He usually took a moped; this time he was on foot. The reported story is that two youngsters on bikes, said to be racing, knocked him over and just sped away. He hit his head and died after spending a short time in a coma.

Sad.
Its really sad that these youngsters have not been taught the value of life, nor how to respect it. The police also are not really interested in bringing these culprits before the law. Hope he rests in peace, and the teenagers are caught and made to feel the pain this family goes through apart from the regular punishment.
raghu.t.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 21:56   #18625
Senior - BHPian

Spotted near Ulundurpet.

Driver lost control at good speeds due to a two wheeler barging in. He was the only occupant in the car and was safe. Checked if he needed any help and moved on.

Drive safe guys.Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442075065.141132.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442075100.555687.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442075131.075050.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442075164.226429.jpg
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 22:12   #18626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Spotted near Ulundurpet.

Driver lost control at good speeds due to a two wheeler barging in. He was the only occupant in the car and was safe. Checked if he needed any help and moved on. ]

Good to note that driver was safe.

I was driving from Trichy to Chennai last week and started from Trichy at 5am. You could find lot of two wheelers coming on the right lane in the opposite direction and got scared couple of times.

Such drivings does not amount to attempt to murder under IPC?
Old 12th September 2015, 22:42   #18627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Good to note that driver was safe.

I was driving from Trichy to Chennai last week and started from Trichy at 5am. You could find lot of two wheelers coming on the right lane in the opposite direction and got scared couple of times.

Well, we'd be booked under rash and negligent driving in case they ram into us. People usually assume It's the bigger vehicle's fault in case of an accident!

And yeah! I too was driving down the same highway last week! I joined at Ulundurpet from the Coimbatore road! There was this major accident right after ulundurpet toll! Did you see the yellow long trailer lying on the median with all the engine fluids spilled on the road? It was there on the side of the road even when I passed by after 4 days!
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 22:45   #18628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post

While you are at it, add 'attempted suicide' too.
Old 12th September 2015, 22:56   #18629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Did you see the yellow long trailer lying on the median with all the engine fluids spilled on the road?
No did not notice any accident near ulundurpet
Old 12th September 2015, 23:14   #18630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Spotted near Ulundurpet.

Driver lost control at good speeds due to a two wheeler barging in. ... ... ...
And the two-wheeler? Just barged out again?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed