Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 23:07   #19006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Brand new Merc GLA totalled!
That is bad. Wondering since this j's on temp number plates, would there be insurance coverage. Lets hope there is for the buyers sake.
Old 28th October 2015, 10:18   #19007
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw an accident yesterday evening involving a Silver Polo & an Innova, right in front of VTV, Sarjapur Main road. The former appeared to have rear ended the latter and both cars had quite substantial damage.

If you are coming from Cisco and headed towards Eco-space, right before you ascend the flyover, there is a U-turn. Probably the Polo was speeding and did not see the Innova make a U-turn from the opposite direction.

Could not take any snaps as the traffic had already piled up and I did not want to add on to the melee.

Anybody else witnessed/snapped this?

Last edited by Vik0728 : 28th October 2015 at 10:19.
Old 29th October 2015, 08:19   #19008
BHPian

A lot of stuff is posted about India in the foreign media that you wont easily find in local news

Warning: Slightly Graphic (slightly because victim survived)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rry-India.html
aerohit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 23:31   #19009
Senior - BHPian

Accidents in India with Pictures

Yesterday a Deens school van (Winger) scraped the right side of my car while attempting to pass the slow moving car ahead of him. He must have been a special kind of idiot to think that by just yanking the steering left the car on that lane would just disappear. Result - scraped the right ORVM, the driver side door and the right front wheel arch.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446140083.290078.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446140105.074218.jpg

The moment the impact happened I saw the children in the van looking back, anticipating a rash move from me to stop the van and hurl abuses. I did no such thing, considering the fact that there were impressionable young kids in the van. I knew there would have a been a dent at least, but stopping the van and creating a scene meant disrupting traffic, not to mention scaring the bejesus out of the kids.

I calmly passed the van (he had slowed down), looked at the driver, took a deep breath and then drove on. He must have been really scared because he kept a lot of distance and never tried to come close.

Couple of my friends told me that I should have pulled the fella to the side and politely told him that I'm letting the incident slide since he has kids onboard and I didn't want to create a ruckus and cause a traffic jam. I didn't think of it that moment; maybe next time.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 29th October 2015 at 23:33.
IronH4WK is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 00:06   #19010
BHPian

Saw this car near Mysore road flyover (Bangalore). It was still being driven bit rashly, trying to squeeze all possible gaps and the driver with one hand out of the window (holding cigarette)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1446143599903.jpg
Old 30th October 2015, 06:43   #19011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Couple of my friends told me that I should have pulled the fella to the side and politely told him that I'm letting the incident slide since he has kids onboard and I didn't want to create a ruckus and cause a traffic jam. I didn't think of it that moment; maybe next time.
Unfortunate incident.

You can call the number on the rash driving sticker and complain with vehicle number.
Your dashcam would have picked it up.
Old 30th October 2015, 09:02   #19012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The moment the impact happened I saw the children in the van looking back, anticipating a rash move from me to stop the van and hurl abuses. I did no such thing, considering the fact that there were impressionable young kids in the van.
So very decent of you. I have been on the other side of this - twice my son has come to me with stories of how his bus driver got involved in fracas with some uncouth driver on the road or other; and that the kids were scared because voices were raised and blows exchanged.

Though you SHOULD report the matter officially to the school authorities; after all those impressionable kids are somebody's sons and daughters too. The time and location should tell the school which route the bus is and who the driver was; and if you have dashcam footage that should help too.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 09:25   #19013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very good presence of mind on your part considering the fact that your vehicle suffered damage and the irresponsible van driver did not have the guts to come and apologize (the least he could have done).
From the kids perspective, you decided not to fight it out against the driver on the road. May be you can go to the school and lodge a complaint against the errant driver.
Old 30th October 2015, 13:01   #19014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I calmly passed the van (he had slowed down), looked at the driver, took a deep breath and then drove on. He must have been really scared because he kept a lot of distance and never tried to come close.
Why can't every one simply be calm like you. While what you did was good infront of the kids, the van driver should have atleast bothered to apologise and given you contact details incase needed for insurance.

As it is, most vehicles have insurance and just accepting one's mistake can save everyone some trouble. Not everyone will agree to this philosophy, but atleast the cases of shouting and fighting will reduce.
Old 30th October 2015, 16:51   #19015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Unfortunate incident.

You can call the number on the rash driving sticker and complain with vehicle number.

Your dashcam would have picked it up.

That's the thing - it didn't have a Rash driving? Call... sticker at the back. I just got a fleeting glimpse of the Deens School something on the side of the van.

My brother-in-law took this picture and sent it to me.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446204053.946126.jpg
Old 30th October 2015, 16:55   #19016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Deens School something on the side of the van.
'Deens Academy', according to the RC details.

Name:  ForumRunner_20151030_165515.png
Views: 6944
Size:  71.7 KB
schakravarthy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:17   #19017
BHPian

Had a terrible accident yesterday afternoon around 1600 hrs when a out of control white Swift dzire coming at a very high speed from the opposite side, crossed its lanes and nearly drove over us. Some quick reaction and turning the Nano to the left in the time available helped avoid a head on collusion. The Nano saved our lives .The driver of the other car is absconding.This happened within the city and not on any highway - probably a bane of wide roads without any dividers .
Some words of praise for the Nano which saved our lives yesterday. Infact I was thinking that the body shell and the doors would not be capable of withstanding the tremendous impact of the crashing Swift Dzire which suddenly came at a very high speed from nowhere. I was driving the Nano with the seat belt on which saved me from serious head injury though the impact resulting in injury to my back. But the occupant next to me without the protection of the seat belt got 6-7 stitches in his head. The rear sear occupants also sustained injuries with one occupant having wrist dislocation/ fracture.
My Nano cx was of Nov 2010 vintage. Has done around 14000km and was more or less perfect. We were hoping it would serve us in this condition for many more years. The vehicle is being taken to the Authorised Centre. We are yet to be conveyed repair cost details or what has to be done next .
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-850635500_1919845365602014901.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-850636439_17416759352844624357.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-850635459_684241496627540639.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-850637532_14463658749536305687.jpg  

amit162 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:18   #19018
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing, Amit! Have moved your post to the Accidents thread.
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:45   #19019
BHPian

@Amit162 - God is great ! Lucky you that you all didnt get major injuries.

Few things come to my mind.

1)Looking at the swift number plate looks like some influential person.
2) Absconding means might have the confidence to get over the legal issues.
3) Might have been under alcohol influence and may want to avoid the blood test for some time
4) Seat belts do save you from impact. So use it when you are going for shorter distances and in city.

Wish better recovery to your passengers.
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:01   #19020
BHPian

Below is the link to the news article regarding the accident happened near Kalpakkam yesterday morning, wherein 4 Engg. college students have lost their lives. It is said in other reports that the car broken up into two and the persons sitting in the rear seat were thrown off after it rammed the parapet wall of a bridge. The Times of India states that the driver and the front seat passenger were saved by the Airbags, although they have suffered severe injuries.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle7831346.ece

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks