Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 22:06   #19441

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Saw a blue Ecosport crashed into the railings under the Sarjapur flyover on ORR yesterday. Anyone has details about this? I find it odd that he crashed so badly in the middle of the day.
Saw this Ecosport this noon. I believe this might have happened during the night as the intensity of the crash was very severe and there's no way anyone can drive that fast on that service road during day time traffic. Couldn't stop for pics as i was using my truck and it would lead to a traffic pile up.
Old 19th December 2015, 16:57   #19442
BHPian

Got this via Whatsapp. Pic taken outside Vikaspuri Police Station, New Delhi.

Note to mods : Please delete this post if inappropriate for the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1450524345372.jpg  

Old 19th December 2015, 21:45   #19443
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the crash which claimed the life of one of my closest friends, batchmate and colleague, on Thursday afternoon near Ratanpur, Chhattisgarh.

He was enroute to his home at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh when he apparently lost control of his red Figo and rammed into a tanker truck at full speed.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_8197.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_8196.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_8198.jpg

He was the only son of his surviving mother.

35 years old.

He was father to a 6-year old boy.

Feeling really, really down.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th December 2015 at 22:06. Reason: Removed pic with the accident victim on the driver seat. Thanks!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 22:13   #19444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This is the crash which claimed the life of one of my closest friends, batchmate and colleague, on Thursday afternoon near Ratanpur, Chhattisgarh.
==============

Feeling really, really down....
Really very sorry to hear this sir.
There is ''L'' pasted on both front and back screens of the car. Was your friend driving on a learner's license?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th February 2019 at 12:43. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Aakarsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 22:20   #19445
BHPian

Cars in India should have a speed limiter like other countries. The ECM should cut off at 80 (for example) and so on for safety sake.

Tragic end that can be avoided if regulations, driving discipline and enforcement were better

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd December 2015 at 07:39. Reason: Typo
mustysekhon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 22:48   #19446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
Cars in India should have a speed limiter like other countries. The ECM should cut off at 80 (for example) and so on for safety sake.

Tragic end that can be avoided if regulations, driving discipline and enforcement were better
Ditto.

I feel the exact same thing.

Although something around 120kmph would be ideal given some roads mention this as the speed limit. If the vehicle is on a track, remove the speed limiter. This will prevent our Rossi wannabes from killing themselves and others on the road.

I took this idea from the GT-R: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/22/n...speed-limiter/

It is ingenious, effective and safe. Until our enforcement reaches an efficiency that makes people thinking twice before stepping on the gas, a speed limiter makes a lot of sense IMO.

Quote:

He was the only son of his surviving mother.

35 years old.

He was father to a 6-year old boy.

My heartfelt condolences for your loss. Having seen the impact the death of an individual due to an accident has on his near and dear ones, I offer you the warmest hug and a shoulder to rest on. To anyone who is giggling thinking I am being melodramatic; I am not. Untimely deaths shatter the family to a million pieces and the damage is irreparable. I have personally become doubly careful on the road after I saw what happens to the pain near and dear ones feel. Death is quick, the pain that follows will kill you every day, slowly.

RavenAvi, may you and his family find the strength to pull through these testing times.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd December 2015 at 07:39. Reason: Quoted text edited
ashwin.terminat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 08:37   #19447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What other countries? There may be some, but, as far as I know (ten years away) there is no such thing in my native UK for private cars.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd December 2015 at 07:40. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 20th December 2015, 09:01   #19448
Senior - BHPian

Accidents in India with Pictures

Quote:

Avi, my deepest condolences to you and your friend's family.
This thread is always a reminder to drive at sane speeds and to always be carefull. Our roads are just not built for high speed driving.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th February 2019 at 12:43. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 09:01   #19449
BHPian

Accidents happen at low speeds too and people die in those situations also. Putting such speed limiters is running away from the real problems i.e. poor engineering of roads, lawlessness, delayed medical support etc.
Metallicar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 10:52   #19450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
... ... Putting such speed limiters is running away from the real problems i.e. poor engineering of roads, lawlessness, delayed medical support etc.
Bad and uneducated driving leaves all those factors way behind. Drivers cause accidents.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 11:41   #19451
BHPian

Witnessed this Volvo crash on the Mum-Pune expressway in the wee hours on Friday. Sorry for the low light video but I was headed back home from the airport and was half asleep when the cabbie woke me up to have a look at it.

According to the traffic authorities, no one was killed but I did spot a couple of ambulances. Seemingly, it was a case of overspeeding and/or dozing off and the bus had jumped off the divider from the opposite side and landed there.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 19:03   #19452
Senior - BHPian

Saw this while going from powai to vasai on the nh8 that goes to ahmedbad. We were almost at the the diversion that goes to vasai fort when the traffic flow stopped. It was a bridge above an underpass. At first we noticed pieces of plastic and glass on the other side of the road. The further we went started noticing more glass pieces and we thought that it was a bike accident. A few metres later the light pole was lying on the right side - the glass and plastic was from this. A few more metres and I caught glimpses of shattered glass on the road ahead and then the red swift, GJ registered.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20151220_171235.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20151220_171245.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20151220_171256.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20151220_171302.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20151220_171304.jpg

Seems like an over speeding car hit a lamp post on a curve. The impact was such that the right front side collapsed. Don't think there were any casualties. Could see a girl crying beside the car. Cops were on the scene and managing traffic.
But people were looking down over the guardrails - maybe the swift hit a biker who went over. Don't know as I did not get out of the taxi.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 20:54   #19453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cars in India should have a speed delimiter like other countries.
Which country has speed delimiters legally mandated in private cars?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 22:09   #19454
Senior - BHPian

What is a speed delimiter? It sounds like a device that would NOT allow speed to be limited.
anupmathur is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 11:23   #19455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
What is a speed delimiter? It sounds like a device that would NOT allow speed to be limited.
I guess the terms are a bit confusing. Just googled it to confirm the same. If you check this link you see the article regarding the speed "delimiter" which does the exact thing that you have suggested. Yes, it eliminates the factory-default speed limit and lets the car go beyond the specified speed. One more article that kind-of explains the installation of a speed delimiter to go beyond the electronically limited speed of the vehicle.

On the other hand, speed limiters are devices which limit the top-speed of a vehicle.

In the world of computers of course.., especially text editing and excel sheet generation, "A delimiter is a sequence of one or more characters used to specify the boundary between separate, independent regions in plain text or other data streams. An example of a delimiter is the comma character, which acts as a field delimiter in a sequence of comma-separated values." (Copy-pasted from google .., but I use delimiters everyday. Its a bread and butter thing for me to show traffic loss statistics in an excel sheet after fetching the output from the traffic generators)
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks