Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 07:01   #19666
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

And a Vyapam accident. Whistleblower Prashant Pandey and his wife were traveling in two cars from Mhow to Indore

In the words of the article - http://m.news18.com/news/madhya-prad...es-730829.html

Quote:
Pandey along with his family was coming from Mhow towards Indore late last night after attending a function. The family was traveling in two separate vehicles. “A rashly driven truck first overtook the car I was driving and later overtook my wife’s car from left side,” Pandey told News18.

“The truck dashed my wife’s car and it upturned and was dragged for around 40 feet,” he added. His father and other family members on board the car sustained injuries in the incident which took place close to Omex hills around 35 km from Indore.

Pandey had swapped cars just before the incident with his wife as the headlight of the car driven by her wife was not working.
What's the car they were in, can anyone tell? This device's screen is too small for me to check. Whatever it is, if it survives a deliberate hit from a truck and then getting dragged for 40 feet, it is a definite buy for highway drives. Hardly even dented, body shell still intact - and the people escaped with just injuries.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vyapam1.jpg  

hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 07:17   #19667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
And a Vyapam accident. Whistleblower Prashant Pandey and his wife were traveling in two cars from Mhow to Indore

In the words of the article - http://m.news18.com/news/madhya-prad...es-730829.html

What's the car they were in, can anyone tell? This device's screen is too small for me to check. Whatever it is, if it survives a deliberate hit from a truck and then getting dragged for 40 feet, it is a definite buy for highway drives. Hardly even dented, body shell still intact - and the people escaped with just injuries.
This is a Tata Indigo Manza. Seems like it happened way back in May last year. Off topic but sad state of affairs. To follow a cult people will ignore and continue to ignore incidents like these and then ask question "Why doesn't India work"?

Last edited by extreme_torque : 12th January 2016 at 07:19.
extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 07:58   #19668
Senior - BHPian

Hah, fully justifies the huge amounts of praise a cabbie I was riding with was lavishing on the car's build quality, in that case.

Pity Tata phased it out, do the bolt / zest have a similar build quality?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 10:12   #19669
BHPian

Quote:

Why even drive, when the headlights are not working! The Manza has superb build quality, built like a tank!
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 10:52   #19670

This Accident happened on NH58, just opposite Radisson Blu Hotel kaushambi, a truck trailer was taking a U turn at the crossing and this VW Vento banged into it at probably 80kmph, the driver's head hit the windshield and suffered a head injury, he was conscious though. I was at home and heard the car screech atleast 100 ft and then huge bang. I Immediately rushed to the spot, the police had already intervened and took the injured to the hospital. The truck fled the spot although it's not confirmed whose fault it was. The VW vento is certainly built like a tank, the front crumpled without causing harm to the cabin, the driver wasn't wearing the seat belt probably.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160111_234236.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160112_080506.jpg  

Old 12th January 2016, 13:12   #19671
BHPian

Any new about the Scorpio accident near Masuri on NH24? Reportedly 7 people lost their lives.
Old 12th January 2016, 22:37   #19672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Any new about the Scorpio accident near Masuri on NH24? Reportedly 7 people lost their lives.
Found this on net. Not too sure on the no. of dead.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20160112090408.jpg  

Old 13th January 2016, 19:36   #19673
BHPian

There was an accident today on NH8 where a RE Bullet rider hit a tempo and the bike immediately caught fire in a terrible way, since it charred the rider completely even before he could even get off the bike. The rider was fully geared. RIP, the departed.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:58   #19674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Accident 2:- Received this pics on Whatsapp. No other details available

Shashi
It looks like hulk hit the i10 grand. On a serious note, I am concerned about the the structural integrity of this car. Airbags, seat belts can't help in this circumstance.
If this car failed the NCAP safety test at 60 kmph, one can imagine the speed at which this accident occurred.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th January 2016 at 23:23. Reason: Quote fixed.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 00:54   #19675
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed an accident this evening on my way back home. Near Madiwala junction, coming from Silkboard, a dimwit biker zipping around trying to go through a non-existent gap hits a girl on a Scooty who ends up hitting a Ace and both fall down (thankfully the girl doesn't get run over by the Ace). Biker gets up and immediately starts yelling at the girl, but the girl gives it back.

Crowd gathers and helps move both vehicles to the side of the road. The biker dusts himself up and scoots while the crowd is trying to help the girl. I park my bike on the side and approach her and ask her if she's fine; I ask if she's feeling dizzy and she said she was not. I enquired if she was gonna be able to get home or if she need to call someone. She said her home was nearby and that she could get home without problems. Told her to take care and ride slow and I got back to my bike (was getting too much attention); noticed she had cuts on her hands and feet. Hope she got home safe.

Ride safe folks; keep an eye on what's coming behind you, could save your life.
IronH4WK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 09:27   #19676
Senior - BHPian

Not an accident in India but I can't help being struck by the contrast with what'd happen if this had occurred in India.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-1985069.html
hserus is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 11:57   #19677
BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-iafofficer759.jpg

"An Air Force officer was killed during the Republic Day rehearsal parade here Wednesday after a speeding car smashed through the barricades and knocked him down. The car, a brand new Audi, was allegedly being driven by the son of former RJD MLA and current TMC leader Mohammed Sohrab, police said.

As per the police, the car tore through three guard rails on Red Road, which was closed for traffic, at about 6.30 am and ran over 21-year-old Corporal Abhimanyu Gaud, the Air Force drill instructor supervising the parade. “The car dragged Gaud more than 20 metres. It sped away but came to a halt after hitting another barricade near the south gate of Fort William,” an officer said, adding the driver left the car and fled.
Gaud was injured on his head and suffered multiple fractures. He was rushed to Eastern Command Hospital where the doctors declared him dead. The Air Force officer was from Surat in Gujarat, a Defence official said.

Kolkata Traffic Police personnel said that the Audi was initially stopped while it was trying to get onto the flyover leading to Vidyasagar Setu.

“The driver took a U-turn on the flyover and drove down using the wrong lane. It then sped towards Red Road where vehicular entry was prohibited because of the rehearsal,” a police officer said. Describing the death of the officer as “unfortunate”, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ordered “strict and strong action” against the person responsible for the mishap.

Kolkata Police found a challan in the car through which they got the address of the showroom that sold the vehicle.

“Showroom records say that the car was belonged to Sohrab’s son, Ambia Sohrab,” an officer said. Though no arrests have been made, according to an officer, a relative of Ambia Sohrab was called for questioning at the Lalbazar Headquarters."

Source - http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...ar-in-kolkata/
Old 14th January 2016, 13:21   #19678

Quote:
Not an accident in India but I can't help being struck by the contrast with what'd happen if this had occurred in India.

That was a nice read. I cant even imagine on what would've happened to the driver if it happened here in India considering the fact that the street had many friends of the victims. Probably the driver would've got bashed up pretty badly by an angry mob and would've never shared his experience.
Old 14th January 2016, 13:27   #19679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Attachment 1460305
"An Air Force officer was killed during the Republic Day rehearsal parade here Wednesday after a speeding car smashed through the barricades and knocked him down. The car, a brand new Audi, was allegedly being driven by the son of former RJD MLA and current TMC leader Mohammed Sohrab, police said.
A situation when a proud Nation is preparing itself for the glorious ceremony, someone comes in an AUDI smashes a few barricades, enters the drill area (after causing havoc for around 2-3 kms, if not more) and knocks an Air Force officer to death. And on top of that, the culprits were able to flee the action spot which is a relatively open space around Maidan.
What would anyone from a civilized society call this? I leave this to the people.
As our respected CM rightfully said - "strong action against the culprit".
But who is the culprit? Not known as of yet. I will not be very surprised if Police found the culprit to be the poor driver of the concerned family.

Last edited by gearhead_mait : 14th January 2016 at 13:28.
gearhead_mait is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 13:37   #19680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

There's a srong message there for people who talk about city speeds as if that means no harm could happen. the speed is 32kph.

Most Viewed