Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2016, 19:34   #20281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lessons learnt from motorcycle deaths in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Absolute rubbish, she died of rupture of liver. She was given anti tetanus injection. One can't expect a Primary health centre to save someone with liver rupture. The fellow rider Deepesh Tanwer made this baseless allegation.

You may be the best rider/driver , but when something goes wrong the best person who can help you may not be there nearby.
As to the first point, I now read that Tanwar only raised this possibility and now I also read the rider's father is being more sensible in saying that not having any information, he prefers to not comment on the treatment quality.

As to the second, what is well known is the Golden Hour which is the time where there is a chance to save lives of critically injured victims if the right care can be given then. Every one that rides or drives on Indian highways ought to bear in mind that the chances of this timely intervention being available are close to zero, compounding all the other issues that exist on our roads. Even passers-by will not wait to help you, most of the times, while your/your loved one's life leaks away on the road if you are in a serious accident.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 20:04   #20282
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Came across this on the HVK group (FB) -

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12973313_10207814086423700_1240255841626697376_o.jpg
Dry Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 21:55   #20283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Came across this on the HVK group (FB) -

Attachment 1496539
Police collides with police and Mahindra collides with Mahindra at the Tax Payers cost. The 540DP seems to be on the wrong side of the road.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th April 2016 at 21:57.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 05:38   #20284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Though I am quite distressed at the attitude of many of the comments and non-substantiated claims made in the preceding posts, I am also happy that there still exists some who logically have evaluated motorcycling as such.

I have only this to say to the doomsayers from a quote that I read somewhere -

Cheers...
Thanks for bringing sanity to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
As to the second, what is well known is the Golden Hour which is the time where there is a chance to save lives of critically injured victims if the right care can be given then.
True, one bhpian out here was lying in the side of the highway for 1-2 hours before help even arrived. On a recent drive on a highway there was no respect to safety by locals who rode on the highway on a daily basis. No helmet, carrying goods on their bike and worse off is no helmet and flip flops! We may have got better roads, but we totally do not know how to respect it. All powerful vehicles speed.

Maddy
Old 14th April 2016, 06:32   #20285
Senior - BHPian

I question that we have got better roads if by better it also means safer. Laying a slab of concrete does not make a road better. Every e way I have seen has recklessly designed service roads that actually encourage head on collisions in many places. Incomplete road works are death traps as is the periodic road redigging frenzy that seems to be a regular feature. On top of this cake throw the icing of our poor civic sense,road manners, liberal flouting of driver licensing rules/police corruption and the one statistic that will reliably and rapidly grow for a long time is the number - 400 deaths a day - on our highways.

I don't think I am being harsh when I say that a general way of putting this is that in all its aspects, we are like a illiterate, medieval person suddenly granted technology that is far too advanced for him to use appropriately.
Sawyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 16:10   #20286
BHPian

This happened on NH-16 about 200 meters away from our hospital. The driver dozed off and lost it crashing into a truck. Luckily all the 5 occupants survived with long bone fractures and minor bruises. All of them are being treated in our hospital.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:03   #20287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
This happened on NH-16 about 200 meters away from our hospital
As is rightly written on the top of windscreen, it was "By God's Grace" that the occupants were saved. It looks like a high speed crash based on the condition of the Alto. Surprisingly, the windscreen glass is intact (from passenger side) which means that the occupant was surely wearing a seat belt.
swift_guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 02:59   #20288
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think I am being harsh when I say that a general way of putting this is that in all its aspects, we are like a illiterate, medieval person suddenly granted technology that is far too advanced for him to use appropriately.
Initially I was looking at the reason for this statement which is factually true but then once i started thinking of our education system which does not consider civic sense and community efforts as important, our RTO's blissfully pushing only for money grabbing (sorry dont have proof for this insinuating statement), people who matter with reference to making and implementing rules being chauffeured around in cars with beacons and hence they being oblivious to it, road conditions depending on 3rd class contractors who are inspected by people with non existent sense of safety...the list goes on, and on- i decided that its no use lamenting since as a society that is what we have chosen...

:-(
ATUL SINGH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 06:32   #20289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
our education system which does not consider civic sense and community efforts as important
Exactly. THE root cause.

And in this area, the debate is on stupid things - about what version of history should be taught in our schools, including the fiction that Indians are the greatest, having invented everything 5000 years ago.

The future is bleak over the lead time - a couple of decades - it takes from starting the right education and values at a young age, to yield results.
Old 15th April 2016, 08:43   #20290
BHPian

Quote:
Off Topic entirely , delete if necessary.

Literacy simple means knowing to read and write any language with understanding. Has nothing to do with stupidity. So time we stop labelling any wrongdoing as work of a illiterate (or like a illiterate). This stereotyping has become way too mainstream now. Rape case somewhere - must be a illiterate, corruption - must be a illiterate, poor - must be a illiterate, road rage - must be a illiterate.

Medieval people created way more beautiful things and handled more sophisticated technologies than we currently do. So labeling stupid people of current age with medieval people is rather insulting of them. Taj Mahal, rust free iron in Mehrauli are few examples. For that matter, we haven't even found a feasible way to extract drinking water despite water crisis and 97% ocean water and "advanced technology".
TD_GHY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 17:35   #20291
BHPian

Saw this Logan/ Vertio being towed away. Seems like a brush/ scrape against an oncoming vehicle.
Most probably the driver must have received some scratches/ bruises because the driver side glass is missing.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigben : 15th April 2016 at 17:40.
Old 15th April 2016, 20:04   #20292
BHPian

Witnessed a vehicle that had caught fire on the Pune-Mum stretch of the YCE just some distance away from the Sinhgad college at Lonavla. I managed just a fleeting glance but it might be an Innova.
Old 15th April 2016, 20:43   #20293
Distinguished - BHPian

Brezza Accident
My cousin had got delivery of Brezza last week. His dad was driving the car today and met with accident. He is not sure what happened and looks like he got distracted with something. All occupants are safe and car has taken the impact well.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160415wa0014.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160415wa0011.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160415wa0012.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160415wa0008.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 19:27   #20294
BHPian

BMW hit and run: Three injured in Noida
Noida (Uttar Pradesh), Apr.16 (ANI): At least three people were injured after being run over by a speeding BMW car in Noida region of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.

The driver of the BMW fled immediately, leaving his car at the accident spot near the Noida Stadium.

According to Ravi Sharma, a local resident, the BMW hit the people while they were standing near a pan shop.

"The driver of my car, Raja, has also sustained injuries in his leg. At least four people have been injured, out of whom one of them is critically injured and is in the ICU of Prakash Hospital," he told ANI.

Saturday's mishap comes 12 days after 32-year-old marketing executive Siddharth Sharma was killed while crossing a road near Ludlow Castle School in Civil Lines by a speeding Mercedes car driven by a minor. (ANI)
http://www.aninews.in/newsdetail2/st...-in-noida.html
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw.jpg  

Old 16th April 2016, 19:35   #20295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
BMW hit and run: Three injured in Noida

Saturday's mishap comes 12 days after 32-year-old marketing executive Siddharth Sharma was killed while crossing a road near Ludlow Castle School in Civil Lines by a speeding Mercedes car driven by a minor. (ANI)
http://www.aninews.in/newsdetail2/st...-in-noida.html
Now a driver will come and surrender before the police telling that it was him who was driving the vehicle.

And the cycle continues.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed