Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 20:06   #20356
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

By looking at the damage to the car I am ready to put any bet claiming that the car wouldn't be doing 120, not even 81 as the combined speed of car plus lorry would be very high and the damage would be serious.

If read in totality, your post does put a false message of buying a top end car and even if you do a front end collision at 120 with a lorry you would be safe, would it make no difference if the car is Maruti or Ford or VW or Fiat, I find it too good to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
"Today In kanchipuram Bye pass Around 120km/hr speed straight to straight lorry and Ford Fiesta topend car crashed.

But single scratch not happen to car passengers. Air bag saves life. So always buy a top end model car"
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 23:40   #20357
BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1461089268.836218.jpg

Just now stumbled upon this in Facebook. Feeling sorry for the unexpected mishap on the brand new car. Still, the silver lining of nil fatalities might be a console to him.
Old 20th April 2016, 00:49   #20358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Attachment 1499008

Just now stumbled upon this in Facebook. Feeling sorry for the unexpected mishap on the brand new car. Still, the silver lining of nil fatalities might be a console to him.
You stumbled upon this on Facebook but seems that you missed to check the previous posts on this very thread. The Brezza accident you are quoting has already been discussed on the forum and the car unfortunately belongs to the cousin of one of the member onboard.

Here is the link to the concerned post.

O.T.
Other automotive websites are doing the ''copy-paste'' thing from Team BHP threads. Exact words mentioned by Dr.Naren regarding the impact has been replicated in the Facebook post.

Thanks
Aakarsh
Aakarsh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 09:05   #20359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post

O.T.
Other automotive websites are doing the ''copy-paste'' thing from Team BHP threads. Exact words mentioned by Dr.Naren regarding the impact has been replicated in the Facebook post.

Thanks
Aakarsh
We have more fan following than we thought to be having
Good.. We are spreading the good word on safety in more ways now.
Old 20th April 2016, 13:02   #20360
BHPian

Last week i was driving from Delhi to Ajmer in my Ritz VDI with my younger brother and close friend. Now that National Highway-8 is in lot better condition, was driving calmly at around 80-90. The vehicle was driving like a dream. After having breakfast around Behror, handed over the car to my friend. He normally is a good driver and drives very carefully. But god knows, what happened to him that day, he was driving really reckless. At one point, it was like-oh god, please save us. There was a truck moving at around 50 in the overtaking lane and despite honking, the trucker simply kept moving. Parallely there was tractor on the road which was neither moving in left lane nor in the middle lane. Friend honked for overtaking. The tractor was also not giving any pass over to him. With a sudden rush of blood, he pressed on the accelerator and tried cutting in between both of them. The tractor suddenly started to swerve to right and was perilously getting close. Better sense prevailed over him and he decided to brake to avoid the crash else we would have been in hospital now. All the time while he was trying to cut through from centre, i kept telling him to leave it and slow down but he was unwilling to listen.

Things did not stop here and on our return journey, it was already dark and he was driving in a zig-zag way and my brother and i had to literally shout at him to slow down.

All said and done, have mentally decided not to hand him over the car any-time we go out together, even if it means, i either drive slow or take a halt somewhere to relax. Better late than never.
su1978 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 15:19   #20361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
...., he was driving really reckless. At one point, it was like-oh god, please save us.
On the positive front glad you all are safe and on the other side, too bad you didn't intervene before.

Also, may be this post belongs under the Bad Drivers thread, if you'd like to report to the Moderators to move it.

Drive Safe.
Old 20th April 2016, 20:22   #20362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
You stumbled upon this on Facebook but seems that you missed to check the previous posts on this very thread.

No no I have subscribed to this thread and read the post few pages back. That's why I was able to identify the vehicle and its picture and mention it as a BHPian. I was just taken back how our forum is being followed closely.
printh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 20:37   #20363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
..., i kept telling him to leave it and slow down but he was unwilling to listen.

Things did not stop here and on our return journey, it was already dark and he was driving in a zig-zag way and my brother and i had to literally shout at him to slow down.
You should have learnt your lesson during the onward journey itself. Anyways better late than never. Completely normal people can sometimes act like absolute morons once they get behind the wheel, something like a split personality. Happy to hear that you pulled through without any damage. Take care and drive safe.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 12:33   #20364
BHPian

This seems to be a very unique tragic accident.

14-Yr-Old Boy, Family Driver Plunge To Death During Driving Lessons

First time i have read of a death caused due to car lift. I just can't understand what made them think a building is the right place to learn driving. Sad.
Old 21st April 2016, 13:10   #20365
Senior - BHPian

Accident in Goa yesterday. I am not posting a picture of the accident scene as the 2 victims who died are visible in the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-13029700_214637012250701_7053531198832780987_o.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-13062038_214637052250697_5788371006287641037_n.jpg  

Old 21st April 2016, 14:42   #20366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdabba View Post
The real shock awaited me. A two year old kid, who was in the middle row, was thrown forward and was not breathing. .
You know what the thing is, I have faced ridicule from friends and family because I insist that children should always be in the car seat, properly buckled up. The way people transport their kids in cars is apalling. I see so many kids sitting in the drivers lap!
In cars with airbags, I see them sitting in the front on the passengers lap.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 17:25   #20367
BHPian

This accident happened yesterday right in front of our hospital on NH-16. As per local news, the over speeding truck hit a bullock cart from behind and lost control, rammed into a car moving in the opposite lane and managed to drown in the canal beside NH-16. The mishap claimed 5 lives viz. truck driver, his assistant, person riding the bullock cart and the two innocent bulls!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20160421b_001125011.jpg Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20160421b_002125010.jpg

Courtesy: Local printed media
Old 21st April 2016, 17:51   #20368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You know what the thing is, I have faced ridicule from friends and family because I insist that children should always be in the car seat, properly buckled up. The way people transport their kids in cars is apalling. I see so many kids sitting in the drivers lap!
In cars with airbags, I see them sitting in the front on the passengers lap.
Keep on insisting to them to buckle up. Adults as well.

When these overcrowded hired SUV's like Mahindra's, Qualis, Tavera's etc. crash, there is commonly a high mortality rate because none of the passengers are belted. They sit sideways, on top of each other, kids sit in the luggage area, all un-belted. When they crash, they often collide with each other and in many cases don't survive. When will the authorities ever see the sense to enforce wearing of seat belts for ALL passengers, even those sitting in the rear seat of a car and those sitting in SUV's. In fact busses should also be considered.

Drive safe
harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 18:15   #20369
Senior - BHPian

Even in official Maruti literature, they ask not to seat kids below 12years on the front seats of an air bag equipped vehicle.

I've witnessed numerous customers who will buy seat covers , chrome strips for 15k but not a child seat for 10k. It's ultimately the persons value for their kids. No amount if explaining will do.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 18:56   #20370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Even in official Maruti literature, they ask not to seat kids below 12years on the front seats of an air bag equipped vehicle.

I've witnessed numerous customers who will buy seat covers , chrome strips for 15k but not a child seat for 10k. It's ultimately the persons value for their kids. No amount if explaining will do.
The problem also lies somewhere in not reading the car manual, and lack of awareness building by dealers, and not many examples to follow. The awareness part is however slowly coming up, as can be seen from more number of people opting for Airbags and ABS (even if the real utility may not be known to all). Dealers too should give a few tips on these matters while explaining how the instruments and other features of the car work (most dealers do those at the time of delivery). Finally, we can do our bit too, trying to convince our near ones as much as we can. Efforts won't always yield the desired results, but persistance will be key.

Most Viewed