Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 18:46   #20416
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Agree 100%. That's no accident.

What's with the people crowding the car even after he made many rash and deadly stunts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
To make him stop. Which is exactly the reason he go into his lunatic mode.
Probably no one would have imagined that this lawyer will be such an insane person, who would barge into the Hotel in his vehicle.

OT: Should / Would the Insurance company compensate for the intentional damages on the vehicle?
Old 25th April 2016, 19:07   #20417
BHPian

Lunacy????? Ah! What an easy branding to escape unscathed from the clutches of law! Even if that's the case, the person if at the moment of committing crime is of clear mind can be convicted.
Not to generalise as quite a few advocates are in our forum, but, of all the last 5 years of driving in highways of TN, the vehicle most commonly seen arguing/ quarrelling with the toll booth employees have had an advocate/ law symbol on its windshield,mostly to let them uncharged showing a ID card or a paper.
Also, in my workplace ( morgue), most problems arising in connection with post mortem and rules, involved advocates ( ironically most commonly are requisition to flout the rules).
The above opinion is strictly mine based on my experience in a particular region and not meant to generalise or brand the law community as a whole.
printh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 20:21   #20418
Distinguished - BHPian

Today's quota of accidents on the NECE road.
Saw this goods vehicles with a punctured/broken wheel and all its goods on the Road. It was 6pm and it was already creating a jam. expect it to create a bigger jam a little later.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20160425_18134101.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20160425_18134201.jpeg

Picture taken from my mobile from inside my company cab...so excuse the quality.
As long as fitness certificates are not given after a strict and thorough inspection of vehicles, we cannot avoid such accidents.

Another unfortunate incident to BHPian mnvvishwa's vehicle.
in his way home he was waiting under the silkboard flyover at the signal.

suddenly a huge banner fell from the flyover because of winds. His front windshield got damaged.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160425wa0028.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160425wa0027.jpg

these Big banners wishing useless politicos for their birthdays are such a hazard to people
let them not live longer!
hemanth.anand is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 23:17   #20419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Probably no one would have imagined that this lawyer will be such an insane person, who would barge into the Hotel in his vehicle.

OT: Should / Would the Insurance company compensate for the intentional damages on the vehicle?
Using the car as a weapon of violence and expecting the insurance company to pay? Ha! Only a lawyer could get away with that one, and I doubt that even they could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Not to generalise as quite a few advocates are in our forum ...
I imagine they would be the first to acknowledge that the "profession" includes a wide variety of people, some truly scholarly, many pillars of society, but also some who are just into politics and thuggery.

Unless this was a case of red-mist madness, I don't imagine that this driver belonged to either of the first two categories . He even jumps out of the car wielding a weapon.

Last edited by bblost : 26th April 2016 at 16:33.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 05:34   #20420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post

Well there were quite a few maniac moves before the final crash into the hotel. So I would assume people had enough warning to keep away from the vehicle.

Insurance? The car should ideally be in a police station as Exhibit#1. The car will be rotting there until the case is settled. After that IF he claims for insurance then I hope the Insurance company is within its right to decline a claim which involved wilful damage.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:06   #20421
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Sharing couple of pics which I received from a common friend of Abarth Punto when they had taken it for test drive. Its really scary to look at these pics Apparently they hit a divider at not so high speed
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-al8wqgwzsekjfhglbh4ps1kdmnv6kn98pwnb7jeqtq.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-asedogdlogv_ykxfkk3lv_5pbmfn0viztmv2dfchxgj.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-asfqz46fo92nm4lu9bovhskfotwdtm9bqluriu0o4ci0.jpg  

Last edited by vin_b : 26th April 2016 at 10:29. Reason: Added what exactly happened during the breakdown
Old 26th April 2016, 10:25   #20422
YCJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
Sharing couple of pics which I received from a common friend of Abarth Punto when they had taken it for test drive. Its really scary to look at these pics
Can you please elaborate what exactly happened!
Did the car hit something?
Old 26th April 2016, 10:29   #20423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sharing couple of pics which I received from a common friend of Abarth Punto when they had taken it for test drive. Its really scary to look at these pics
What the heck happened there vin_b and all this on a 'Test Drive' ??

Can you please share some more details on how/what/where all this happened?

- Is this some sort of 'Phenomenon' that has taken over the Automobiles? If I remember right, recently there was another similar picture of BMW lying on the road in the exact same fashion with a broken axle !!
Old 26th April 2016, 10:29   #20424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These pics were posted in Team Fiat Fb page. Reason cited: Careless and overconfident driving of TD car
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:33   #20425
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, what happened to this car? Is it an axle failure? That too for a new car which, they claim, is designed to take abuse!!

How many KMs has this car been driven? Has it met with any major accident earlier and got repaired and put on road again?

I can't digest this axle failure for new vehicles. Few months before we have seen a brand new EcoSport with its axle broken and now here is an Abarth Punto!!
Old 26th April 2016, 10:44   #20426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
Can you please elaborate what exactly happened!
Did the car hit something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Can you please share some more details on how/what/where all this happened? ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpillai View Post
Dude, what happened to this car? Is it an axle failure? That too for a new car which, they claim, is designed to take abuse!!....
When I first saw the pic, I too was of the opinion that it was an axle failure since there wasnt any other damage that looked prominent except rear flat tire. I still cant figure out how exactly it happened and at what angle it hit the divider for the axle to break

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th February 2019 at 15:39. Reason: Edited quoted posts for better readability
Old 26th April 2016, 11:43   #20427
BHPian

Iam unable to understand why everyone here is so shocked?
Obviously the car has hit something and there is underbody damage, so consequently the RHS driveshaft and suspension arms are broken. This can happen to any vehicle be it a 3 series or a Punto.
vibhu_f430 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 11:48   #20428
Distinguished - BHPian

If the car hit something, why is the front bumper completely intact and shows no damage?

This is one mysterious case of broken axle. Hard to believe it is due to collision as pictures do not show it to be that reason

I'm guessing this car went over some big potholes at high-speed resulting in this situation. Even if this guess is true, it is horrifying to know an axle can be broken just by going over bad roads at high speed
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 12:00   #20429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I'm guessing this car went over some big potholes at high-speed resulting in this situation. Even if this guess is true, it is horrifying to know an axle can be broken just by going over bad roads at high speed
If this car has indeed gone over a pothole, that too at high speed, i am not surprised at all that this failure has taken place. Points to note are that this is a short travel suspension (Compared to SUVs), stiffer dampers than normal (from what i've read), over speeding while hitting the pothole.

From my experience, it is not just going over the pothole that causes the damage, it is in fact compounded when you apply the brakes while going over it. Definitely causes more loads on the track rod, lower control arm and the suspension joints. In such cases, this scenario is definitely plausible.

Last edited by asivan : 26th April 2016 at 12:02.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:06   #20430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently they hit a divider at not so high speed
Apparently and not-so-high are all very superficial words. This kind of damage to any car-however bad or good the quality may be-requires a huge impact.

Going by the photos and what I have read in this and other forums, I guess the following
1. The car must be doing decently high speeds on the main carriageway of the highway
2. The driver had to take the service road quickly. he turned left and hit the right wheel to the divider
3. the axle breaks and the vehicle turns and falls on its knees!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tbhp.jpg

In this the rear tyre could also have hit the divider puncturing it too

Whatever it is, poor guy, he went to take a test drive and would now have to pay a 6 digit amount

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If the car hit something, why is the front bumper completely intact and shows no damage?
As you can see in the first picture, the divider is not very tall. If the divider is only 15 cm tall, the bumper will not hit it.
Normally the car would've easily climbed over a 15 cm tall obstruction.
but the speed and the angle of the car during the collision would not have made it possible and it would have broken and caused this damage

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 26th April 2016 at 12:23.
hemanth.anand is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed