Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 12:02   #2086
BHPian

For the scorpio to end up in such a mangled mess, they must have been flying. No doubt, they had it coming.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:23   #2087
Senior - BHPian

The road from Changanassery till kumily is extremely curvy and butter smooth for the first time drivers its a bit risky because the road entice you to push harder but the curves prove otherwise....more so if there is a slight drizzle
Old 14th April 2009, 12:28   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
- This is probably the most important thread of this website
And my favorite thread too. I keep checking this thread regularly for updates to refresh myself on the way accidents occur on our roads. Whenever I attempt accelerating to speeds that were not under complete control, this thread serves as a speed breaker on back of my mind,I slow down to pace myself within my driving capabilities.

Also if I see two heavy vehicles esp. Govt buses. traveling in parallel on a single road in an attempt for overtaking, I slow down considerably & will not take any chances. This is primarily due to the learning out of this thread.

My recommendation would be to make this thread "STICKY"

Last edited by Surprise : 14th April 2009 at 12:34.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:34   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Went head on with a bus traveling from Palani to Salem. 5 people on the scorpio were killed on spot. Wonder how much speed they were traveling given the state of the scorpio or is it cut open to remove the deceased
Looks scary! Must have been one of those scorpios with a flag fluttering which get driven around with scant regard for everything and everyone else on the road. Sadly, they must have met a worse driven vehicle in the form of the bus!
Old 14th April 2009, 14:41   #2090
Senior - BHPian

A LPG tanker burst here yesterday morning after its valve leaked after being hit by a car.
a major tragedy was averted and one person suffered from 70% burns as
he was sleeping along the railway line

pic -tribune india
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hry3.jpg  

Old 14th April 2009, 14:54   #2091
BHPian

Not sure if this is the place to post it. This past Sunday night around 8.30 PM 4 relatives of mine (3rd/4th cousins) were in a crash in a Honda City in Kottayam. 2 of them have died and 2 currently in critical condition. Supposedly the driver swerved to avoid a biker and lost control and went straight into a wall.

I wish there was some way to ascertain the real facts - some reports say the car was being driven very rashly at 120 and others say alcohol could have been involved. This was reported in the Malayala Manorama but the paper didnt post any pictures. Does anyone have pictures or any additional details - please do post any info you have ? I am just surprised/annoyed that people who are sitting in Chennai(including my Father) without being on the scene are talking all this much and coming up with reasons for the crash). I really wish the true facts come out. If alcohol/rash driving were the cause - it needs to be clearly brought out as a lesson for others who drink and/drive rashly.

Last edited by sjcherian : 14th April 2009 at 14:55.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:32   #2092

@reckless driving

Saw the pics of the scorpio... horrifying... Wonder what makes people drive their 4 wheelers this way???
Old 14th April 2009, 17:04   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil8485 View Post
Saw the pics of the scorpio... horrifying... Wonder what makes people drive their 4 wheelers this way???
In this case, one reason above all - power (political clout) which seems to make them think that they are immortal. A major part of me is happy that this time it was these a-holes paid for their stupidity.
Old 14th April 2009, 17:24   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
In this case, one reason above all - power (political clout) which seems to make them think that they are immortal. A major part of me is happy that this time it was these a-holes paid for their stupidity.

Well said asr245 i to agree with your view.
Old 14th April 2009, 18:25   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hari78 View Post
Well said asr245 i to agree with your view.
Even though I agree with the above view, I personally wouldn't like someone to have this kind of painful gruesome death.
Old 15th April 2009, 00:14   #2096
F50
Senior - BHPian

The family which was in the Swift which turtled on expressway were our relatives. RIP

I think daughter is still alive but has multiple fractures.
Old 15th April 2009, 01:30   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Erode News : Four AIADMK activists killed in road accident

Went head on with a bus traveling from Palani to Salem. 5 people on the scorpio were killed on spot. Wonder how much speed they were traveling given the state of the scorpio or is it cut open to remove the deceased
Scorpiowala. Dont know what hurry they always have. Recently when I was driving on Mysore road and mangalore Route I can see how rashly the Scorpio and the Innova Cars was driving.
No patient at all.
Old 15th April 2009, 01:38   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
The family which was in the Swift which turtled on expressway were our relatives. RIP

I think daughter is still alive but has multiple fractures.
My condolences to you. Hoping the daughter has a full recovery.
Old 15th April 2009, 05:45   #2099
BHPian

This is a quite old accident took place couple of month ago in Vasco Goa near the airport. I don't have the exact detail, but it was due to tyre burst. The car hit the divider and the car toppled and rolled 2 1/2 times. All the 5 occupants survived.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-paj.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-paj-1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-paj-2.jpg
Old 15th April 2009, 07:20   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
This is a quite old accident took place couple of month ago in Vasco Goa near the airport. I don't have the exact detail, but it was due to tyre burst. The car hit the divider and the car toppled and rolled 2 1/2 times. All the 5 occupants survived.
Man,what a nasty condition the vehicle is in,considering its a tough and well built SUV.However,what is surprising is the fact that it occurred due to a tyre burst,which in all probability must have been due to over-inflating or hitting/going over a very sharp object.Glad to know that the occupants survived,as seen in the pics this is one really bad accident.This is where the airbags and other safety bits play their vital role.Shows how much important these safety equipments/features are.

Most Viewed