Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2016, 00:34   #21031
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A Tipper rammed into a swift late night. Miraculously, both the driver and passenger survived with minor injuries thanks to seat belts. Not much info how it happened.
There is no way i can believe anyone made it out of there ALIVE! But well guardian angel's do exist, Looks like the swift even hit a pole. This picture should be used to promote safety campaigns on the road really.
Old 3rd July 2016, 06:37   #21032
BHPian

Quote:
A Tipper rammed into a swift late night. Miraculously, both the driver and passenger survived with minor injuries thanks to seat belts. Not much info how it happened
Looking at the video I feel that both truck driver and the car driver should have been a lot more cautious and careful while approaching the junction. Slowing down and looking in all directions before proceeding would have prevented this. Having the signals on even at night is meaningless if people drive like they are the only ones on the road.
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:20   #21033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
And today saw one of our own in an i20 white color with team bhp sticker being driven by a lady driver aggressively and even taking lanes beyond yellow lines while others were patiently waiting for the signalast.

If you read this please understand that you hardly saved any minute as I caught you up in less than a minute driving at 40kmph .
I had exactly similar experience two days back. While I was on my way to office on a non-divided road, driving steadily in my lane, I could see a white i10 in my left ORVM, HONKING continuously, trying to overtake me by squeezing between my car and the footpath, that too from the left side. Initially I thought of sticking to my lane, but due to non- stop honking, I had to budge, cut my lane on the right and give way to that car. As it was moving ahead of me I gave a cursory look at the driver and , the lady driver of the i10 gave me such a nasty look as if I had asked for her kidneys. I can understand in the morning rush hour she could have been late for that early meeting in her office, but then so much aggression.

I don't want to sound too harsh or generalize on the female community but are they getting too overwhelmed balancing between home and office, which is making them a bit impatient and driving this kind of aggression?
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:27   #21034
Senior - BHPian

Those two in the Swift are really lucky. One would say that especially after seeing the horrifying crash video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
However, not sure how effective the seat belts would be in terms of saving life, in this kind of accident. (In all I do agree with the importance of seat belts).
Not too scientific: Perhaps the driver would have been thrown out of his seat and his skull would have smashed the window with a far greater impact, or he might have been forced out of the car if the windows was open.
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:46   #21035
Senior - BHPian

Wall collapse damages 9 cars in Mumbai after the rains.
From: http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pi...y/20160702.htm
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08rain4.jpg
Pity those cars parked there. It looks like a legit parking space.

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 3rd July 2016 at 09:50. Reason: Corrected link
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 11:09   #21036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Wall collapse damages 9 cars in Mumbai after the rains.
From: http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pi...y/20160702.htm
Attachment 1523553
Pity those cars parked there. It looks like a legit parking space.
The duster had tbhp stickers. Any tbhpian here who was the owner of the ill-fated duster :(.
Old 3rd July 2016, 11:38   #21037
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A Tipper rammed into a swift late night. Miraculously, both the driver and passenger survived with minor injuries thanks to seat belts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Its really a miracle - I would say the passengers are one of the most lucky people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Here is the link to the video of the above accident
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
There is no way i can believe anyone made it out of there ALIVE! But well guardian angel's do exist, Looks like the swift even hit a pole. This picture should be used to promote safety campaigns on the road really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Looking at the video I feel that both truck driver and the car driver should have been a lot more cautious and careful while approaching the junction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Those two in the Swift are really lucky. One would say that especially after seeing the horrifying crash video.
Here's another report of that accident near Shivananda circle. The fire and rescue emergency team had to cut open the Swift car to rescue the 2 men in a 4 hour operation.

Source:2 saved from crushed vehicle after 4-hour op

Quote:
Two men were trapped in a car after a lorry, loaded with stones, crashed into their vehicle at Shivananda Circle in Kumara Park around 1am on Saturday. The men were stuck for well over four hours, before being rescued by fire and emergency personnel.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd July 2016 at 11:41.
Old 3rd July 2016, 12:53   #21038
BHPian

Jaipur: A BMW 520D rashly driven by a MLA's son kiils 3 and injures others.

Quote:
Three people were killed and five others injured when a BMW car allegedly driven by an MLA’s son rammed into an autorickshaw and a police PCR van near St Xavier’s School in the city late on Friday night. Four police personnel were among those injured.
Police alleged that 20-year-old Siddharth, the son of independent MLA Nandkishore Mahariya, was driving the vehicle in an inebriated state.
The incident occurred around 1.50 am, while Siddharth and his cousin Jayant (19) were heading to Jyoti Nagar in a BMW 520d sedan. The three victims were identified as Jethanand, Kailash and Vishnu.
Quote:
“Prima facie, it seems like Siddharth was driving the car… It has been ascertained from the breathalyser test that both Siddharth and Jayant were drunk,”
SOURCE

Local newspaper also reports that hours after the accident a person came to the Police station claiming to be the driver of the BMW at the time of incident. But when the police questioned him aggressively he ran away from the station quietly.

May the departed souls rest in peace. I seriously hope the accused gets what he deserves now and the political connection doesn't influence the case.

CCTV Footage:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-l_jaipur51467435187.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmwaccidentmla759.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_70632a4c404c11e686cd639e2418d1d4.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-l_jaipur1467435331.jpg

Last edited by Sherlocked : 3rd July 2016 at 13:05.
Sherlocked is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 23:27   #21039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The fire and rescue emergency team had to cut open the Swift car to rescue the 2 men in a 4 hour operation.
It is high time our emergency rescue service personnel are equipped with proper modern tools for such operations. With the "Jaws of Life" tool used in developed countries, the rescue could have happened in minutes.

Last edited by motorsan : 3rd July 2016 at 23:35. Reason: Better wording
Old 4th July 2016, 12:32   #21040
BHPian

Came across this link in LiveLeak. I think the rider was using a hand held device. The driver of the truck panics. Though the driver of the truck was in fault, it is good to see that he rushes out to attend the rider.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b7a_1467584078

Last edited by sooraj.naik : 4th July 2016 at 12:34. Reason: Adding additional observation.
sooraj.naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 12:37   #21041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't want to sound too harsh or generalize on the female community but are they getting too overwhelmed balancing between home and office, which is making them a bit impatient and driving this kind of aggression?
Not really. This is common for both male and female. Its more than borderline MC to make that statement.

I quoted the live incident today and it happens to be a lady and my intent was to highlight that we being in this forum trying to make driving safer should follow some basic rules and if not there is not point bragging with your Team BHP Stickers for you are spreading the wrong message.

It has nothing to do with Male or Female, its just the arrogance that nothing will happen and the "i also have brake in my car" syndrome.
VW2010 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 14:38   #21042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I had exactly similar experience two days back.
==============
Ignoring the sheer slow clap worthy last statement, what gender is EVERY driver is in your left rearview, honking continuously, trying to overtake by squeezing, and you had to give way, and then gave a dirty look? Are they women? IN that case, MAYBE someone could carry out a study. Heck, if EVERY driver who did that on the road was a woman, then MAYBE there would be a cause for a study, and worry.
But we know that most of them are male, that is why this one act by a girl stuck in your mind. Men I meet on the road are such louts, that they are white noise.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th February 2019 at 16:53. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
mayankk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 15:25   #21043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
BS & highly sexist. For every woman out there driving aggressively on Bangalore's roads, there are 50+ male drivers doing exactly the same thing.
binand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 16:37   #21044
Distinguished - BHPian

THe FB link regarding the Shivananda Circle Tipper-Car accident has an interesting comment by someone who claims he was following the Swift Dzire Taxi. He says the tax driver was driving recklessly and jumping signals. He claims the signal was green for the tipper side traffic and it was the Dzire who jumped the signal.

Don't know how far its true but at such early morning hours hours even when the signal is green I always cross every junction gingerly after check four times from all directions whether any vehicle is approaching from the other side. It does not seem like the Dzire driver even bothered to slow down.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 16:59   #21045
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen several instances wherein 2-wheelers, cars and even trucks approach and cross a signal blindly, after say 11pm. Last weekend, I was returning late from the airport. At a particular point, the signal was green for me but I slowed down. Just when I was nearing my side of zebra crossing, a water truck came from the front and took a FAST right crossing my road. I wasn't surprised since I had expected something similar and slowed down.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks