Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 22:44   #22156
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this Baleno overtaking me on NH-48 and after sometime I saw it on top of a towing vehicle. Seems to be rear ended by another vehicle. Photo taken while waiting in a toll plaza near Dharwad.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20161029_122401.jpg  

airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:20   #22157
Senior - BHPian

Pile up on Yamuna Expressway, details awaited:

http://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/20-ve...-lateststories
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:09   #22158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Saw this Baleno overtaking me on NH-48 and after sometime I saw it on top of a towing vehicle. Seems to be rear ended by another vehicle. Photo taken while waiting in a toll plaza near Dharwad.
Wow, that was fast work. Are you sure the Baleno didn't just climb up the towing vehicle? Getting rear ended and then getting a tow truck to transport the car in such a short while. The guy sure seems to be in a hurry!
honeybee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:41   #22159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Wow, that was fast work. Are you sure the Baleno didn't just climb up the towing vehicle? Getting rear ended and then getting a tow truck to transport the car in such a short while. The guy sure seems to be in a hurry!
I think I saw the same car, It was rear ended by an innova.
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:02   #22160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The guy sure seems to be in a hurry!
He was driving little faster than me, I was at around 100 kmph, looking at his quick overtaking, he might have been doing above 120 kmph.

Also, they were still sitting on the car while it was being towed
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:21   #22161
BHPian

Last Sunday at around 2:00pm, my Figo got hit by a Swift at the Meenakshi mall signal on Bannerghatta road. I was driving towards Gottigere side and the Swift came from the road in front of Meenakshi mall and hit on the left side of my Figo, on the rear left door and beyond. It was driven by a guy who was probably 18-20 years old and had 4-5 other guys of the same age as passengers. They fled from the accident scene as there was not much traffic on Bannerghatta road and they could easily move ahead, cross over to the other side and speed towards Hulimavu side. For the people who are not familiar with the place, I've attached a picture depicting how my car ended up on the road, after the hit. As you can see, the Swift had an easy escape route.
Name:  Location.png
Views: 7503
Size:  8.0 KB
They probably thought that my car would pass by the time reach the impact point. I could not even note down the number (the Swift had a small number plate). And I doubt whether they even had a license.
My family and in-laws were there during the incident and nobody was hurt. I took the car to Lathangi Ford for repair work and yet to receive an estimate. The insurance surveyor is supposed to come and do the evaluation today. The Figo took the hit pretty well and the beam inside the door has done a really good job of minimizing the damage. The severity of the damage is not exactly visible from the photos due to the angle and the colour of the car.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20161031_084525324_s.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20161031_084534481_s.jpg
A350XWB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:27   #22162
Senior - BHPian

You can file a FIR and ask the cops to get cctv footage from the mall.

If the damages are extensive - try to get it out of their insurance. It will take quite a while but at least those stupid kids will find ample cause to regret what they did.
hserus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 22:41   #22163
BHPian

Lady driver looses control on YCE, hits 2 traffic cops

Three people, including two traffic police constables, were injured on the Pune-Mumbai Expressway on Thursday when Rekha Shah, a resident of Pimpri, driving from Mumbai to Pune lost control of her Swift Dzire and hit them.

The police said both the constables were shooting vehicles that were speeding and cutting lanes when the accident occurred.

The cops sustained leg injuries and were taken to Pavana hospital near Somatane. Their condition is reportedly stable, said the police.
Old 3rd November 2016, 22:57   #22164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Last Sunday at around 2:00pm, my Figo got hit by a Swift at the Meenakshi mall signal on Bannerghatta road.
Hi A350XWB,
This was an unfortunate incident. I think there's a traffic camera near Arekere, try possibly working with the police and tracking the culprits down and claim compensation from them as hserus suggested.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:14   #22165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You can file a FIR and ask the cops to get cctv footage from the mall.
If the damages are extensive - try to get it out of their insurance. It will take quite a while but at least those stupid kids will find ample cause to regret what they did.
Thanks hserus. I will try to do as you suggested. I plan to register it as a hit-n-run incident. As you told, it will at least help to make them realize that it is not so easy to run away from the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
This was an unfortunate incident. I think there's a traffic camera near Arekere, try possibly working with the police and tracking the culprits down and claim compensation from them as hserus suggested.
Yes, there is a traffic camera at Arekere. But I strongly believe that they took some inside road. I will check nonetheless.
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:41   #22166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Thanks hserus. I will try to do as you suggested. I plan to register it as a hit-n-run incident. As you told, it will at least help to make them realize that it is not so easy to run away from the law.
That previous-gen Figo is superbly rigid, not like the current-gen one. If the damage to the Figo is this much I think the Swift would've had a powdered fender or front bumper or whichever part came into contact with your car.

Responsible driving, it simply doesn't come at a young age (for most). Whenever I say that people will argue that even the government doesn't seem to mind or even the government has set the adult age as 18.. I'm not convinced. True adult age today is 25++, it depends on how much life has had you beat down, degrees of experiences, ego-battles & failures later when you truly realize that everything you've been taught is a lie.. that's when you truly become mature.

Thinking that the world is an oyster to pick pearls from, thinking that living life is about 100% adrenaline rushes and picking off from the miseries of others.. that's basically the baby mind in action and is never practical. It was simple matter of stopping the car, apologizing, and standing up for what is decent and moral, anything short of that isn't bravado but cowardice.

Last edited by dark.knight : 4th November 2016 at 09:50.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 15:18   #22167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Responsible driving, it simply doesn't come at a young age (for most). Whenever I say that people will argue that even the government doesn't seem to mind or even the government has set the adult age as 18.. I'm not convinced. True adult age today is 25++, it depends on how much life has had you beat down, degrees of experiences, ego-battles & failures later when you truly realize that everything you've been taught is a lie.. that's when you truly become mature.
It might seem like an over generalisation but I think there could be a scientific explanation for this argument as well. The frontal cortex, which is responsible for rational decision making and foresight is not fully developed till the age of 25.
satishv1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 08:05   #22168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
It might seem like an over generalisation but I think there could be a scientific explanation for this argument as well. The frontal cortex, which is responsible for rational decision making and foresight is not fully developed till the age of 25.
That is exactly right and the primary reason I had mentioned 25, the pre-frontal cortex is not fully developed until 25 and this has been scientifically proven in every brain studies. Even assimilation and retention of knowledge for educational purposes increases after the age of 25 and thereon much faster every year until 40. What never fails to click-in or devolve is the reptilian cortex, the part associated with instincts, unnecessary paranoia and just.. survival, most rash drivers are perhaps using the reptilian cortex.

The secondary reason is that at 18 and allll the way to 25 odd, most Indians are shielded by their parents, no experience of responsibility, no job yet, no direct interaction with society etc and so they have a very, very warped view on life. Those jobs where they just need to go and sit on a chair and follow instructions.. those don't teach much at all.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 15:18   #22169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
That previous-gen Figo is superbly rigid, not like the current-gen one. If the damage to the Figo is this much I think the Swift would've had a powdered fender or front bumper or whichever part came into contact with your car............

The new Figo isn't bad either. My Aspire has been banged thrice in the rear bumper & came out practically unscathed in all three occasions. Twice the M800 & Esteem had to go for front end repair with shape deformed like "^" & my car's bumper had to put in place & voila I could rush through to errands on hand.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th February 2019 at 08:46. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 18:30   #22170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Yesterday, at around noon, while travelling from Hyderabad to Bangalore, We saw an accident. After crossing the toll booth and reaching Ananthapur [10km away],
There's a perilous section on the BNG-HYD highway just after crossing Ananthapur where you meet a mammoth of a spread breaker!!

We were doing this stretch at night cruising 100-110 and when we saw it, it was heart in mouth moment. We couldn't avoid it.

It was a little subdued where the tires hit, otherwise it would have sent us flying and broken the car's axle.

Observed this on NH67 as well near Hampi. Wonder who came up with the idea of this. Sure shot way to hell at night!

Last edited by Ryuu : 5th November 2016 at 18:33.

Most Viewed