Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2016, 13:31   #22291
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Regarding the accident, what I "heard" is more shocking ! Hope that Fortuner has not hit anyone else in the incident.
Even I've heard the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Drink and drive will immediately invalidate the insurance coverage

So even if the vehicle was insured the owner will not get one paisa from this mess.
The official version is that it happened while trying to save a pedestrian.
And the victim belongs to family that has been part of ''India's oldest political party" so you can be sure nothing that can be remotely discomforting will ever get put down on paper.
WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 16:36   #22292
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Fortuner involved in fatal crash- Details Awaited

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Guy's stop blaming the driver. No one takes safety seriously in India. Why don't you also see from another angle as well, which could be the inherent instability of the vehicle as in the video below.
That's very much believable!
Here's what I found on Wikipedia:

Quote:
The Toyota Fortuner (Japanese: トヨタ フォーチュナー Toyota fōchunā?), also known as the Toyota SW4, is a mid-sized SUV. Originally assembled only in Thailand but later also in Indonesia and other countries, the Fortuner is built on the Toyota Hilux pickup truck platform.
What's sad to know from that video is that a brand like Toyota has ignored such a life threatening behaviour. And they've learned they're lesson before by paying millions for the infamous self accelerating issue in the US.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 21:06   #22293
BHPian

Deadly accident at maut ka kuan (well of death)
No safety gear, no helmets, no first aid
nawabnabeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 23:28   #22294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Thanks for sharing this clip, unbelievable risks these people take!!
Are you the photographer of this clip?

Last edited by bblost : 23rd November 2016 at 23:36. Reason: removed embedded video.
Old 24th November 2016, 21:34   #22295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Look at the gestures of his fellow members following the accident; they seem to be considering it as business as usual.

Advising them to wear helmets, riding gears, seat belts and cars fitted with ABS/Air Bags etc while having a properly marked lanes for the "well" would be like doing injustice to their profession.

Leave them alone with their circus. Let us discuss about things concerned with mortal us.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 11:29   #22296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Leave them alone with their circus. Let us discuss about things concerned with mortal us.
They are mortals too buddy, sadly, unfortunate ones at that, to make a living risking their lives.

It may be called a death well or something, but no one visits the circus hoping to see people injured.

It will be sensible and will also look great if they wore helmets, riding gear and boots. At least teens and kids who visit the event would want to emulate the habit of wearing gear, as it looks ultra cool!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 13:13   #22297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It will be sensible and will also look great if they wore helmets, riding gear and boots. At least teens and kids who visit the event would want to emulate the habit of wearing gear, as it looks ultra cool!
There a lot of practical scenarios we come across everyday.

One point I would like to highlight here is that, Teens nowadays riding high capacity bikes at uncontrollable speeds without even a helmet; just to compete with another rider who overtook him but was in full safe protective gear.

Moreover, I have personally experienced many parents seeing me in a KTM showroom (In a racing suit) and asking me feedback about KTMs to be gifted to their turning 18 kids and not realizing (basically not aware) of what these bikes are capable of and gifting them basic protective gear too.

With the rise in these bike segments, I feel Government should increase the minimum age for bikes above 250cc (Say) from 18 years to some age where boys/girls are mature riders else India is a developing country where the masses are not aware of what is good and what is bad for them.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 18:09   #22298
Distinguished - BHPian

An interesting observation today, I was riding my CBR250R back from work to my home on the NH45. I was constantly doing 6500-7000 rpm which is the perfect cruising speed during a pleasant evening, it translates to 105-114 kmph on the odo.

I happened to overtake a college kid on a KTM RC200, who wasn't wearing a helmet but only a scarf around his forehead. He must have been doing 100 kmph while i passed him by. He started to accelerate and get near me, I was not into that stuff and let him pass. Then came a purely free open stretch when i took mine to 7500rpm, and in the process unknowingly overtook him.

He came racing again! I let him pass letting my throttle go. I had to take a left at the intersection that leads to the city and he too took the same. He slowed down after that and gave me a thumbs up. He was sure the Cbr rider was a friendly decent guy. I opened my visor and asked him "Man, where's your helmet?"

His reply baffled me "safe ride bro" and shook his head like he was trying to say he forgot to wear the helmet.

Very sure that he was a skilled rider, but then we tend to think we are invincible. He thinks he doesnt need a helmet because he can be safe.I thought so when i was in my early 20s until i saw my face rubbing against mud when i fell from my Karizma R. I was lucky to learn the lesson and live to implement it. I wish he too would!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 25th November 2016 at 18:30.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 01:32   #22299

Saw this accident on the ORR Hyderabad tonight. It was a long trailer lying on it's side horizontally on the road, blocking at least 3 out of the 5 lanes. Good work being done by the rescue team flashing those bright lights which are visible from a distance. Wondering if there should be an automated machine to do it instead of men waving torches crazily.

A few moments later, faced this. A slow, dark, mud covered rock carrier with absolutely no illumination of any kind (rear lights, radium strips or even a hanging white cloth) cruising at 40-50 kmph on the rightmost lane on an expressway.

Sorry for the poor video quality, my dashcam can only manage so much without sunlight.
Dhawal20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 17:37   #22300
BHPian

Caught On Camera: Speeding Car Hits 2 Children Near Mumbai, Driver Arrested

Link to this news : NDTV
Old 27th November 2016, 18:20   #22301
BHPian

Saw a major accident on GT Karnal highway while going back to Delhi. Couldn't stop for getting any info but the car was a Swift and totally wrecked from the front, probably by a truck. No idea if there was any loss of life but I certainly pray not.
Old 28th November 2016, 08:05   #22302
Distinguished - BHPian

Today Morning at 7:30 AM there was an accident between a Ritz and a motorbike on the BETL, Bangalore. There was a huge traffic pile up. I couldn't click any pictures. Anyone has any photos?
Old 28th November 2016, 15:39   #22303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Today Morning at 7:30 AM there was an accident between a Ritz and a motorbike on the BETL, Bangalore. There was a huge traffic pile up. I couldn't click any pictures. Anyone has any photos?
Just at the exit of the toll in ecity phase 1, at around 9:30 today, saw a city, which was damaged badly from the front, and around 3 more vehicles including a swift which wad been towed there, seems to be a chain collision, people don't keep any gaps between vehicles, however with the putting up of cat eyes on the entire stretch, the frequent zig zags for overtaking seems to have reduced a bit though.
Old 29th November 2016, 01:29   #22304
Senior - BHPian

An Audi crashed into a stationery bus outside the Sushant Lok Plaza in Gurgaon. The entire front was ripped off, airbags had deployed. No idea about the occupants.

Could only click one pic because of the crowd.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20161128_154520003_hdr2.jpg  

Old 29th November 2016, 12:38   #22305
BHPian

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...le16715265.ece

Quote:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg

A four-year-old boy and a retired forest department official died on the spot and five others suffered injuries, when two cars collided head-on at Shettihalli on Bengaluru-Mangaluru Highway near Channarayapatnat on Monday. The deceased have been identified as Manvik, son of Mahendra Prasad, a resident of Vijaya Nagar in Bengaluru and Mandanna, a retired Range Forest Officer, residing in Hassan.

While Manvik was going to Bengaluru from Kadadaravalli near Hassan with his parents Mahendra Prasad and Kavyashree, Mandanna was returning to Hassan from Bengaluru with his three relatives.

Manvik’s parents and relatives of Mandanna suffered injuries in the incident. The injured have been taken to hospitals. Channarayapatna Traffic Police have registered the case.

Rash and negligence driving by Mandanna, who tried to overtake a vehicle, is said be the reason for the accident.
Another example of rash driving claiming lives of other innocent people - RIP the deceased.

Most Viewed