Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 09:10   #23446
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
P.S. May we know what is the cause for your donation ?
The driver is a well seasoned guy. We are just giving one trip worth water per day, the guys who organised this is doing more, all for free. Just giving a helping hand, thats all.
ecenandu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 09:39   #23447
Distinguished - BHPian

Narrow escape for tourists after van hits parapet of Pamban Bridge, Rameshwaram,

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/58560749.cms

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rm.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 12:27   #23448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Saw this on the news, 1 dead and 4 injured. RIP
Attachment 1636702
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Not sure where it fell, and also, is that a Team BHP sticker I see on the back?

FYI - That's a fake LTD sticker.
Rehaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 15:09   #23449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
+

FYI - That's a fake LTD sticker.
Not sure why people even want to stick a fake sticker.

Its not like a medal or badge to show valor, what will they get by doing this other than letting other TeamBHPian know that they are part of auto enthusiast group and followers of road discipline.

I am lost for words after knowing fake stickers are in circulation.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 16:38   #23450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Happened around 445 pm on May 5th@ NICE road, thanks to a dog which decided to cross the road all of a sudden !!
I passed by this spot at around 5.10 PM. The mini lorry was carrying fruits and was being 'looted'. Everyone who stopped by was carrying a few water melons, a few apples, grapes in their hands! felt sad seeing this.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 18:20   #23451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Not sure why people even want to stick a fake sticker.

Its not like a medal or badge to show valor, what will they get by doing this other than letting other TeamBHPian know that they are part of auto enthusiast group and followers of road discipline.

I am lost for words after knowing fake stickers are in circulation.
It is just another sticker for them. They will not know the tagline belongs to T-BHP, nor they care to whom it should actually belong to. If they know about about T-BHP, they would not use the fake ones.

Drive along Coorg in Karnataka, you will see different designs of LTD stickers. I do not think we can do anything about it. On another note, a suggestion that I always had in mind was, why not we sell the original sticker only to T-BHP members.
Sorry being
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 19:30   #23452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I passed by this spot at around 5.10 PM. The mini lorry was carrying fruits and was being 'looted'. Everyone who stopped by was carrying a few water melons, a few apples, grapes in their hands! felt sad seeing this.
Some years back, I've seen a 407 truck carrying liquor bottles get into an accident and a bunch of people helped themselves .. as you can guess, much worse chaos than the looting of mere fruits. Near riot situation.
Old 10th May 2017, 08:33   #23453
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Might be going a bit off topic,...You see, diesel is a pretty good solvent for tar!!
So that is why used car dealers spray diesel in the engine bay. It dissolves the dirt and makes it look shiny.

I guess humans handle liquid shifts better. Your body is a squishy thing made of blood and fluids. Something to do with 3 bones in your ear. I've read that ice skaters focus on one point to avoid getting dizzy while spinning. Race drivers focus a lot on keeping the weight transfers smooth to retain speed out of corners.
Old 10th May 2017, 08:46   #23454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Some years back, I've seen a 407 truck carrying liquor bottles get into an accident and a bunch of people helped themselves .. as you can guess, much worse chaos than the looting of mere fruits. Near riot situation.
Fruits? Liquor?
I once joined the crowd in pushing a truck that fall on its side on the BLR-Hyderabad road. It was loaded with pickle packets. I had seen people running away with HUGE pickles sacks. Had they consumed them, they would have recovered by now

Basically, anything free is welcome. i once read here in the same thread that some tanker crashed and some green liquid was leaking. People were filling their buckets. Fill first and figure out later.
I know OT but it is part of Accident experiences.
FORTified is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 10:02   #23455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Horrible accident on Road number 36, Jubilee hills Hyderabad. As mentioned by news channels, a Mercedes SUV rammed into a huge pillar which was laid as part of elevated metro train route, at insane speeds. Two young chaps lost their lives and one of them is son of a cabinet minister, Andhra Pradesh.
That road has always been the drag race spot for rich kids. The LV Prasad road is the stretch for all rich kids to flaunt their costly machines on weekends and unfortunately Jubilee Hills PS has not been able to reign in due to "Upper Class Strata" population and jurisdictional issues with Banjara Hills PS.

I used to sit on the sidewalk of KBR Park and watch the madness at early hours of Saturday and Sundays. Auto drivers and Night shift Cab drivers used to get scared the hell out of their skin.

Though I am not sure what caused this accident though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
So that is why used car dealers spray diesel in the engine bay. It dissolves the dirt and makes it look shiny.
Though it does, its momentarily only. Diesel has more wax than other solvents and it attracts dust like a magnet. Exposed wires get brittle if regularly exposed to diesel and petrol cleaning. Petrol dries out the plastic claddings on engine and makes it look dry and greyed out.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th May 2017 at 14:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 10th May 2017, 11:27   #23456
BHPian

Weird accident on NH9 has killed 2 young lives - quoted from cartoq.com

Quote:
In a tragic accident, two engineering students lost their lives. Three friends were returning from a wedding when the car crashed into a guard rail on the NH9, killing two occupants.

The Vitara Brezza collided with a safety guard rail that is put on the highways to prevent vehicles from going off the road. The safety barrier has pierced through the vehicle and has come out from the rear causing the hatch door to open. The guard rail also injured the passengers who later succumbed to the injuries.
http://www.cartoq.com/guard-rail-pierces-through-maruti-vitara-brezza-killing-2-students/

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2017 at 11:02. Reason: Putting quote in quote box :)
Old 11th May 2017, 10:48   #23457
Senior - BHPian

I saw a bad accident on Hosur road flyover yesterday. I could not take any pictures. Looks like 3 vehicles were involved in the crash. Only the one in the middle was still there with both ends smashed. Hope there weren't any casualties (but it looked very bad)
Old 11th May 2017, 11:38   #23458
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note :

The Mercedes G63 AMG accident discussion has been moved to this thread (Supercar & Import Crashes in India)

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2017 at 12:13.
Rehaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 13:40   #23459
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid collides with a Maruti-Suzuki Swift DZire in a high-speed encounter near Gurgaon.

4 dead (out of 5 occupants in the DZire) and 6 critically injured (including all occupants of the Rapid).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-aq1.jpg

Quote:
Four persons were killed and six others seriously injured when two speeding cars collided on the Farrukhnagar-Jhajjar Road, 25-km from Gurgaon on Monday night. The impact of the collision was such that both the Skoda Rapid and Maruti Swift Dzire suffered heavy damage and the occupants were critically injured.
The accident took place near Mubarakpur on the Farrukhnagar-Jhajjar Road around 11pm.
The occupants of the Swift did not survive the accident.
What surprised the police officers who rushed to the scene was that there were so many fatalities and injuries despite the fact that both vehicles had functional air bags.
The occupants of the Skoda suffered serious injuries and were admitted to a local hospital.
Hindustan Times

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th May 2017 at 13:44.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 15:08   #23460
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Skoda tried to avoid impact and so the impact was more on the side. OR it happened on a curve.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks