Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 16:07   #23701
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Noticed a completely burned Ford Ikon on Banagalore NICE road after Benarghata toll gate while driving towards Hosur road. I could not take any snaps since I was driving. I could see only the shell is left, did anyone hear details about this incident
I too noticed the same. There were less people around this but more near another truck that had jumped off track ahead of this Ikon. Cannot relate both but possible that there as a contact? The front of the Ikon seemed perfect to me except that it was all burnt.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 16:22   #23702
Senior - BHPian

Agreed the bikers are at complete fault here, but why are we so absorbing the truck driver of all responsibility? He did his best to avoid the collision, so kudos to that, but what speeds was he doing? Is that a service lane or a smaller lane, which probably needed him to be at much lesser speed? I have seen how these truck drivers speed when the truck is empty and how rash they drive and hence the apprehension.
Old 5th June 2017, 16:32   #23703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
This happened in Jaipur on 4th June, a Horse broke into a car's windshield after collision between the two. The horse and car driver suffered injuries.
Now that is something straight out of looney tunes! What are the odds of something like that happening? Come to think of it. my friend hit a buffalo with his linea (accidentally of course) and it plonked right on the bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Agreed the bikers are at complete fault here, but why are we so absorbing the truck driver of all responsibility? He did his best to avoid the collision, so kudos to that, but what speeds was he doing? Is that a service lane or a smaller lane, which probably needed him to be at much lesser speed? I have seen how these truck drivers speed when the truck is empty and how rash they drive and hence the apprehension.
Na, looks like the truck was doing sensible speeds. If it was overspeeding, it would not have stopped where it did, in my opinion.
deathwalkr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 16:34   #23704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I too noticed the same. There were less people around this but more near another truck that had jumped off track ahead of this Ikon. Cannot relate both but possible that there as a contact? The front of the Ikon seemed perfect to me except that it was all burnt.
Yes, the truck was there, but they may not be related as you rightly said. There was no signs of any accident except that it was completely charred. Now I recollects there was no single soul around the place when I passed around 9.15 AM.
Old 5th June 2017, 18:15   #23705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This happened in Jaipur on 4th June, a Horse broke into a car's windshield after collision between the two. The horse and car driver suffered injuries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Now that is something straight out of looney tunes! What are the odds of something like that happening? Come to think of it. my friend hit a buffalo with his linea (accidentally of course) and it plonked right on the bonnet.
Guys I know this is politically incorrect in days of PETA et al but I couldn't stop laughing at this photo of the distraught horse in the lap of the hapless driver. In August 1984 I lived in Kotturpuram, Chennai*. Black road, black night, dark black clouds and black buffalo.....my roomie riding his (utterly useless) BSA Bond crashed into a huge buffalo. The BSA Bond ended up like something out of a Sad Sack comic book. For those who don't know BSA Bond was a moped posing as a bike launched by Brooke Bond the tea makers! Mercifully for all bike lovers they went back to making tea.

*For the Chennai wallahs in those days before the Nandanam bridge Kotturpuram was a desolate place accessed by an unlit road from IIT Gate side....that is why poorly paid characters like me could get affordable housing there.
V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 18:52   #23706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
For those who don't know BSA Bond was a moped posing as a bike launched by Brooke Bond the tea makers! Mercifully for all bike lovers they went back to making tea.
I think it was manufactured by TI Cycles, the owners of BSA and Hercules bicycles.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 19:00   #23707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I think it was manufactured by TI Cycles, the owners of BSA and Hercules bicycles.
That roomie swore it was made by Brooke Bond the tea wallahs. A thread on (where else) T-BHP indicates that both of us may be right.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...rebuild-2.html
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 19:13   #23708
BHPian

Quote:
That roomie swore it was made by Brooke Bond the tea wallahs. A thread on (where else) T-BHP indicates that both of us may be right.

I guess you're right! The BSA in question was not TI cycles, but the original Birmingham Small Arms company of Great Britain!
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 19:25   #23709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Noticed a completely burned Ford Ikon on Banagalore NICE road after Benarghata toll gate while driving towards Hosur road. I could not take any snaps since I was driving. I could see only the shell is left, did anyone hear details about this incident
Here is the frame from my dashcam today morning at 7:50.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-burnt2.jpg
Rear cam
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-burnt1.jpg
Front...too much of Glare as I directly face the sun
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 21:25   #23710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Don't know if this was posted previously or not. But this video shows one of the biggest reason, for which the careless bikers do get crushed on the roads. Look at this man, he blatantly ignored the large truck, and then got what he deserved. Thankfully, no major injuries or loss of life.
Did anybody notice how the camera moved to capture the action? Was somebody monitoring it? I thought all those traffic cams are fixed ones.
Old 5th June 2017, 22:21   #23711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

BSA was acquired by Brooke Bond when they did some mad diversifications and moved from Calcutta to Bangalore (the CMD was a distant relative of mine!). They built a huge HQ in Whitefield (that was considered way out in the sticks back in the 80's)

Unilever took over and consolidated everything
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 23:16   #23712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Did anybody notice how the camera moved to capture the action?
The video is a re-record from the original playing on a screen and then uploaded. Its not the actual video from the CCTV. Hence the panning of the camera with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Is that a service lane or a smaller lane, which probably needed him to be at much lesser speed?
The road seems to be a two lane with a service lane (beyond the yellow barricade) and a gap in the median where the biker comes out from. The other bikers are going the wrong way and probably heading for the same gap in the median. If not, then everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road.

The CCTV is mounted probably on a pole overlooking the gap in the median.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 00:24   #23713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I have said it earlier and saying it now, in such situations its best to attack the tail than try to outrun the other guy. .[/list]Be it a dog, a car or a human across the road, I prefer to aim at their backs rather than their heads
Depends, a general say is that on highway speeds if it is a dog, most of the times it will return back half way, so either drive straight or towards their head. If it is a cow, they always tend to move forward, they will never change their direction, so moving towards the tail is safer.
arighna.dutta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:09   #23714
BANNED

Just saw on TV (ABP News) the footage of a silver Swift completely mangled. Apparently a truck overturned on the car killing all the 5 occupants. R.I.P.
Old 6th June 2017, 13:44   #23715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
3 IDIOTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What a miracle that the two bikers got up and walked away from that. And what a nightmare for the truck driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Just had multiple views of the video,. even the lady on the left of the truck has just about escaped, she was also way close to the truck at the time of Impact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
THIS, this is why I hate two-wheeler riders
I am thinking of installing the DVR in my car. My home-office commute one way is 3 kms and it takes on an average 10 min at noon and 15 at night to cover this distance.
And believe me, I can put up at least one video every day on how maniacal 2-wheeler riders have become off late.

My colleagues who spend 45-60 mins one way are tired of driving, not because of the traffic but because of the utter disregard/absence of traffic sense.
Its going to the dogs here, in Pune.

Quote:
Here is what I read on news yesterday and remembered.

Quote:
The incident took place at 1.30 pm when the horse got startled due to noise of the vehicle horns around it. The horse made a dash but instead hit an oncoming car. "The horse hit the bonnet of the car and dived straight into the broken windshield due to which it got stuck in the vehicle. The driver and the animal both sustained minor injuries,"
Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/58990819.cms

I pity the horse here. There are times when we get frustrated with the honking and traffic inspite of being inside our cars with windows rolled up.
Poor chap.

City is not an ideal place for these animals, but the owners are lured towards the income they can earn here.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 6th June 2017 at 13:53.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks