Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 09:53   #23821
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

One innocent life lost in a road rage.
A women pedestrian in her late 50's lost her life in Kodungallur Kerala while on her was to attend a meeting. She is a member of a political parts and district treasurer of a women association.

The moments before the accident is caught on camera by a pillion rider from behind.

Video

For those who can read Malayalam
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-kodungalur-accident.jpg  

Old 20th June 2017, 10:02   #23822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
A women pedestrian in her late 50's lost her life in Kodungallur Kerala while on her was to attend a meeting. She is a member of a political parts and district treasurer of a women association.

The moments before the accident is caught on camera by a pillion rider from behind.
Good God! Felt as if i was watching the video in F&F mode! Crazy driving

What was the road rage part in this?
Old 20th June 2017, 10:25   #23823
BHPian

Quote:
Any reason stated for such rash driving on the road in the article ... like friends fooling around, road rage between strangers, drunken driving etc. ??

A life snubbed for no rhyme or reason.
Old 20th June 2017, 11:31   #23824
BHPian

Quote:

Video

The way the two cars in front were driving, it was not "if" a mishap would happen, but only "when". Every possible road rule was flouted and licenses of both the drivers should be docked.

Further, did anyone notice the rear view mirrors of the motorcyclist from where the video was taken?

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2017 at 15:14. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 20th June 2017, 11:52   #23825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Further, did anyone notice the rear view mirrors of the motorcyclist from where the video was taken?
No helmet, either.

I dont know what the car guys were thinking, that was absolute madness!! Just the red mist over both of them, I think. Both of them should be taken to task for homicide.
I have faced such people on highways many times, and now I just look for the nearest coffee place or dhaba when I see that someone is not behaving rationally.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 12:54   #23826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Strange sort of accident here - does the crysta really require Mae West bar / underrun protection like a truck does to avoid low slung cars from getting stuck under them? See this baleno shared from another forum
From the pictures Innova looks least damaged from outside compared to Baleno. Innova may have internal damage to the spare tire assembly and parts around it.
Old 20th June 2017, 14:31   #23827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
What was the road rage part in this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Any reason stated for such rash driving on the road in the article ... l
Nothing is mentioned about it in the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have faced such people on highways many times, and now I just look for the nearest coffee place or dhaba when I see that someone is not behaving rationally.
Exactly, I look for first opportunity for a break.

Cheers!
Old 20th June 2017, 14:43   #23828
BHPian

Quote:

The way the two cars in front were driving, it was not "if" a mishap would happen, but only "when". Every possible road rule was flouted and licenses of both the drivers should be docked.
Very true. I was literally cringing in my seat as i watch the two vehicle race in blatant disregard to other road users. What was wrong with the two drivers! This was an accident waiting to happen and it is unfortunate that an innocent pedestrian paid the price for the egos of two horrible drivers.

Note: I used the word "ego" as from the video it is clear that the red car was not allowing the sedan to overtake. Now, if there is a different backstory to why (such as the sedan was chasing the other car as maybe the red car dashed the sedan...this is just a hypothetical example) then it changes the picture. But nevertheless, both cars were driving terribly dangerously and this caused the loss of an innocent person's life.

Last edited by DriverR : 20th June 2017 at 14:49. Reason: Added points
Old 20th June 2017, 14:54   #23829
BHPian

A 12 year old boy lost his life while crossing the road in Chirala, Andhra Pradesh.

Three mistakes cost an innocent life:

1) Dzire was doing good speeds and the driver was not cautious while he was approaching a small junction in that narrow two lane road.
2) Blind spot created by an auto rickshaw.
3) The boy while crossing the road looks like he was on a suicide mission.

Last edited by Hickstead : 20th June 2017 at 14:58. Reason: Corrections
Old 20th June 2017, 15:18   #23830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post

1) Dzire was doing good speeds and the driver was not cautious while he was approaching a small junction in that narrow two lane road.
Even if the car decelerated at that junction, there is no way he could have missed that boy. I don't think in India we come to a complete stop at non-Traffic signal supported 4 way junctions, we just decelerate and move on.

Absolute eye opening video.

And as a DZire owner, I can say that the driver was clueless about that boy because of thick A-pillar. It is a huge drawback of this model and the size of it actually covers average breadth of Indian roads in our peripheral vision. The driver needs to actually lean forward in the driver seat towards steering wheel to check either sides of the road. Cause the A pillars on both sides are thick and have to watch out like Fighter Pilot by leaning forward over the dash.
Old 20th June 2017, 15:20   #23831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Video
Ridiculous and dangerous driving - using public roads as their playground.

They should both be held responsible.

Is the accident itself in the video? I could not see it. Why did the biker stop and look back at the end?
Old 20th June 2017, 16:15   #23832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
A 12 year old boy lost his life while crossing the road in Chirala, Andhra Pradesh.

I don't think the Dzire was at fault. Also if you see the speed the kid is running it is clear that the speed of the video has been made faster. It is not possible to stop or go down to crawling speeds at each and every junction. There is some amount of risk and trust involved every time we are out on the road. The least we can do other than not doing breakneck speeds is be alert, however in a situation like this little can be done since the kid started running when the car was already near the junction.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 20th June 2017 at 16:16.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 21:39   #23833
Senior - BHPian

High speed, wet roads and huge momentum .. recipe for accident. This accident happened at Kozhikode bypass junction; bus was speeding to avoid the signal just in front. Not sure what caused the bus to lose control.

As per reports, two people are seriously injured.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st June 2017 at 13:07. Reason: Loose > lose.
arjithin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 22:04   #23834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
This accident happened at Kozhikode bypass junction; bus was speeding to avoid the signal just in front.
You beat me by few minutes. I've been trying to post the same from app for the past 40minutes and couldn't complete due to app issues.

I was worried what happened to the old bystander, after seeing another footage of the same incident As per the audio in this footage, he narrowly escaped.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th June 2017 at 22:34. Reason: Please avoid quoting Youtube link for replies, affect readability on mobile devices. Thanks.
Midas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 22:19   #23835
BHPian

15 year old teen takes his dad's Santro on a joyride and rams into 10 vehicles . Luckily, no one was injured but the locals gathered around the Santro and smashed it's windows. Happened in Ahmedabad.

Source

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-585971ahmedabadsantro.jpg
Shanksta is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed