Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 22:38   #23836
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
15 year old teen takes his dad's Santro on a joyride and rams into 10 vehicles . Luckily, no one was injured but the locals gathered around the Santro and smashed it's windows. Happened in Ahmedabad.

Source

Attachment 1649942
Destroying the vehicle is becoming more and more common these days

aerohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 07:45   #23837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Is the accident itself in the video? I could not see it. Why did the biker stop and look back at the end?
The comment from video reads "Biker stopped after accident", but then the accident is not clear / not captured in the video.
In news paper it had mentioned that the red car knocked her down and then corolla ran over her. The red car driver surrendered in police whilst the other one is still on the run.
An innocent soul is lost for no mistake of her.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 10:31   #23838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
1) Dzire was doing good speeds and the driver was not cautious while he was approaching a small junction in that narrow two lane road.
2) Blind spot created by an auto rickshaw.
3) The boy while crossing the road looks like he was on a suicide mission.
If one notices the hand movement of the person on the right of the frame, it is clear the video is speeded up slightly.

The Dzire seems to be doing normal speeds in the above context.

That apart, these are common things on Indian roads and the driver should have known that. I have faced two hard braking situations in just the past 3 days which were similar.

Situation 1 - Sunday: Nice Road, Speed 80-90, Single Dog runs across the road. I lift off the accelerator and think that I can manage to slow down just enough to let it pass. But, this Dog was being chased by 5 others in a series, one after the other. In gear, full brakes, dropped to third. Could hear the Honk + Screech from the car behind which was a good 100+ meters away.

Situation 2 - Tuesday: Narrow lane somewhere inside Kudlu area, Bangalore. Speed 40. Tata ace indicates left and then starts coming to a halt on the left. I move right and start overtaking. A kid in his teens comes out on his cycle from some building crossing both vehicles and goes the opposite direction.

Even if I was adjusting the stereo for a split second, I would have had a mess on my hands for sure.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 10:48   #23839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Even if I was adjusting the stereo for a split second, I would have had a mess on my hands for sure.
Yes, 100% concentration is a life saving quality to have during driving, such unpredictable are our roads, that we need to keep our sixth sense running on overdrive at all times.

Just today morning witnessed an OLA/UBER WagonR get impalled by Iron rods jutting out of a stationary tractor trolley stalled in the overtaking lane, on top of a flyover. The driver must have been looking at his phone and was too late to react. RIP.

Don't have any words to stress more, on the importance of defensive driving.
Old 21st June 2017, 11:03   #23840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Don't know what happened or how. Isn't there something called Police in that part of the country? It's not a remote place on a highway. It looks like a crowded part of a city. How do mobs get away with this behaviour?
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 11:16   #23841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Don't know what happened or how. Isn't there something called Police in that part of the country? It's not a remote place on a highway. It looks like a crowded part of a city. How do mobs get away with this behaviour?
What else to expect when series of illegal things happen on Road?
1. 15 year kid drives a car when he is not even eligible to drive
2. He rams 10 vehicles which clearly shows it is utter carelessness. If it was just one accident then, you can call this accident. If it is 10 vehicles, then definitely it is a crime which enrages the local mob

Not sure why police have to be blamed for mob's behavior. This is the expected behavior in such situation.

If they have to be blamed, definitely they should be blamed for allowing this kid to drive and for NOT arresting the parents.
Old 21st June 2017, 11:41   #23842
BHPian

Here's an accident that I always dread about (blind spot on a flyover, just after where the incline ends and downwards slope starts) and it happened on a flyover between Faridabad-Delhi (NH19). The picture tells the story of what would have happened. The imbecile tractor driver driving with trailer and without any warning lights at rear, darkness of the night, a cab at slightly higher speed (possibly) rams from rear into the tractor which is laden with iron bars. The iron bars pierce into the cabin through the windshield critically injuring the driver and the passenger. The constable at the site told the face & skull of cab driver are badly damaged and is battling for life in the hospital while the tractor driver is of course scratch free.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20170621_081816.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20170621_081822.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20170621_081824.jpg

Such tractor drivers & their owners should be fined heavily & put behind bars. What on earth was the tractor trailer doing on right side of the 3 lane road which is meant for faster moving vehicles? And worst, there were no warning lights or anything to warn at the rear of the tractor trailer. Really unfortunate.
wangdu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 12:09   #23843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
High speed, wet roads and huge momentum .. recipe for accident. This accident happened at Kozhikode bypass junction; bus was speeding to avoid the signal just in front. Not sure what caused the bus to loose control.
This is just my speculation, but at around 14 sec of the video a guy darts across the road. I feel he was the cause/catalyst for this accident. I assume a vehicle braked hard to avoid him and the bus, which would have been behind that vehicle swerved to avoid hitting the vehicle. This resulted in the loss of control due to the wet road and the subsequent accident.

The video sequence is in fact quite similar to the earlier video a few posts back of the WagonR skidding and hitting a boundary wall.
Old 21st June 2017, 12:12   #23844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Not sure why police have to be blamed for mob's behavior. This is the expected behavior in such situation.
Not blaming cops for mob behavior. The question was why cops let the mob have their way. Actually, where are the cops when we need them? We clearly don't know what happened from the video. What if it's a case of "Bigger vehicle is always at fault" logic? Tomorrow we could be in that Fortuner's position.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:20   #23845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Not blaming cops for mob behavior. The question was why cops let the mob have their way. Actually, where are the cops when we need them? We clearly don't know what happened from the video. What if it's a case of "Bigger vehicle is always at fault" logic? Tomorrow we could be in that Fortuner's position.
Mob justice is instantaneous. In no country can Police respond quick for such situations albeit it happens in the vicinity of Patrol car or Police Stations.

That kid is lucky that he was let go.

Social scientists say that Mob behaves like an Animal. It has no morals or guidance, is triggered and run by emotions. And as they say Emotions run like wild horses.

Situations like these has to be dealt with absolute calmness and presence of mind.

I hope you must have seen a video in Youtube where a Sardar truck driver is hounded by mob for a fender bender. He is very courteous and tries to reason with people. The moment they become physical with him, he unleashes Kirpan and mob dissolves then and there.

Violence is not answer to everything, but is needed when situation demands.

And since a great country like ours which still follows Britisher's conniving rules and thoughts of disarming its citizens to gain much control on them, we are left with stones and sticks to defend our lives with.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:29   #23846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Mob justice is instantaneous. In no country can Police respond quick for such situations albeit it happens in the vicinity of Patrol car or Police Stations.

That kid is lucky that he was let go.
My "Mob Reference" was based on the Fortuner video, not the Santro incident.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:49   #23847

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
This happened near my home, Fortuner hit a motorcycle and dragged a lady for about 100 meters. Angry locals also tried to burn the car at the same time.

Last edited by bblost : 21st June 2017 at 14:32. Reason: removed embedded video.
Old 21st June 2017, 14:17   #23848
BHPian

Just saw this at the Kandivali flyover. Have no idea how it happened but the trucks lying on the opposite side of where he's supposed to be! Guess he rammed into the divider and jumped into the other side.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1498034805.565337.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1498034821.877729.jpg
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 14:33   #23849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
This is just my speculation, but at around 14 sec of the video a guy darts across the road. I feel he was the cause/catalyst for this accident. I assume a vehicle braked hard to avoid him and the bus, which would have been behind that vehicle swerved to avoid hitting the vehicle. This resulted in the loss of control due to the wet road and the subsequent accident.
Going by the sequence it is very much possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
High speed, wet roads and huge momentum .. recipe for accident.
As per reports, two people are seriously injured.
Notice the man under the tree circled in YELLOW, hope nothing serious happened to him though you mentioned two are seriously injured.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-capture-clt.jpg  

Old 21st June 2017, 23:27   #23850
BHPian

This happened in front my house, the CCTV's were recording luckily.

Lady in an alto exits her apartment basement which has a very stupid entrance btw, right in front of the road. While she was on the incline, her seat slid back and she tried to brake but in the confusion, she hit the accelerator instead.
createrkid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed