Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2018, 14:38   #25561
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I'm pained to post in this thread as a victim of a small accident.
Sorry to hear about your accident. Good that all are fine without any injuries.

It doesn't make sense to file a FIR for this accident. As mentioned by honeybee, file a written report with the police station. And if they are able to connect to the zen guy, then as a compensation try to get the difference in amount after you claim via insurance plus the NCB that you will be losing next year.

You can also refer to the below thread for similar discussions,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-accident.html
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 16:39   #25562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident. Good that all are fine without any injuries.

It doesn't make sense to file a FIR for this accident. As mentioned by honeybee, file a written report with the police station. And if they are able to connect to the zen guy, then as a compensation try to get the difference in amount after you claim via insurance plus the NCB that you will be losing next year.
Thanks. Yes, I was thinking of the same resolution. The policemen at Peenya suggested the same. They have made a brief note of the accident and other important details. The written official report will be ready tomorrow so that I can provide it to Insurance company, if asked for.
Thank you, once again.

Quote:
You should be able to access the boot by folding the rear seats down, or if there's an armrest in the rear seat, it may have an opening into the boot area.
In my Zest, rear seats cannot be folded at all (Bolt does have this feature though). No arm rest in the rear seat either (Tigor has it).

Last edited by srvm : 26th January 2018 at 16:45.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 17:24   #25563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis2249696 View Post
Curious.Why did he go and hit the truck in the first place.It is as though he was pointed directly towards the truck
Curious indeed.
If you see the full video, he was coming from extreme left lane, diagonally across two lanes and hits the truck, just ahead of the rear wheel. He wasn't trying to sneak between the truck and the Bus.

The only guess that I could make is : He is carrying his helmet on his handle. It might have come between his handle and the fuel tank and he couldn't veer to his left. So, before he could take any corrective actions, he is already on the ropes , hanging there for his dear life.
FORTified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 21:11   #25564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
My car which was rear ended by a Zen today morning around 7.50am in the Nelamangala Elevated Toll road, Bangalore.
Sorry to hear that. I faced a similar situation with my Etios two years back. A Swift rear ended my stationary car at a junction. Damages were to the rear bumber and boot (which was not opening). The Swift was being driven by a chauffeur who called the owner of the car. The owner said we could settle it later. As I was in a real hurry and no one was injured, I took down the owner's phone number and left the scene.

Went to Toyota ASS the next day, and they quoted Rs. 40,000 for the repair. Insurance (zero-dep) covered the cost. I called the owner to re-imburse my NCB (around 5000). As I feared, the owner started becoming evasive and not picking my calls. After around 2 weeks of repeated pursuit, he gave me Rs. 1500 (giving some sob story and all that). Decided to close the chapter there as I did not have the energy to pursue it further.

That accident came back to haunt me later. While selling the car recently, the quotes were reduced by many used car dealers citing the accident history (even though theoretically it was a minor accident). Maybe the used car dealers were pulling a fast one on me, but the net result was that I lost more money because of no fault of mine.

My advice is to repair it under insurance and try to recover your losses out of the Zen owner (NCB + your expenses). If you have any influence with police, try that route. But don't lose your head over it. Accidents do happen to one even though one did everything correctly. C'est la vie.
motorsan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 09:42   #25565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Please ignore the audio. that's how we responded about the unbelievable happening in front of our eyes :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
One more video.
Happened in Bangalore, near Ulsoor.
Amazed by these two videos. Normal people driving on the road have little or no chance at all to remain sane! The first biker is truly unbelievable. Was his handlebar locked?
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 11:46   #25566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Amazed by these two videos. Normal people driving on the road have little or no chance at all to remain sane! The first biker is truly unbelievable. Was his handlebar locked?
I have one more example. Will share the video soon.
Was driving in the night. On the 4 lane flyover. Doing 80+.
Suddenly, somebody runs across the road.
Wife says its a ghost.
If he is not a ghost, he will soon be, by repeating these antics
Don't know what was his plan. Running towards the parapet wall of the flyover and there is no shoulder space. If there was any car on my left, it would have got him for sure.
FORTified is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 12:33   #25567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
... ... ...The first biker is truly unbelievable. Was his handlebar locked?
It seems to be the thing for bikers to rife with their necks locked. Facing ahead, they do not look from side to side, and certainly see nothing behind them.

Recent videos (lucky escapes!) suggests that the latest thing is to ride with eyelids locked. Shut.

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 12:54   #25568
BHPian

I have a friend aged 22 and she takes pride in her swerving and "kheechna" sort of driving style... ridicules me for my sticking to lanes/not overtaking any and every vehicle on the road/maintaining a mostly constant speed which is appropriate for the conditions and keeps offering her driving services to me "to demonstrate and teach me how to drive".
I find myself at my wits' end in how to deal with her constant attack apart from just refusing her entry into my car which I probably am going to do next.

It pains me seeing how many of these accidents listed here could be prevented from adopting a safer style or following some rules.
eternalck is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 20:13   #25569
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning, an Innova rear ended a Maruti Omni on the Bangalore Airport expressway and sent it on the road divider. The occupants were lucky that it didn't jump into the opposite side going head-on against the fast moving vehicles else they would have met a sad fate. However since they weren't wearing seat belts they had cuts and bruises all over. This caused a traffic jam since some people were attending to the injured, Innova parked in one lane and so many onlookers.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ad42ea5327c442cc80e8f6a15a930ae7.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 12:56   #25570
Senior - BHPian

A minibus, supposedly a Tempo Traveller, plunged into a river, killing 13 of a family. Here is the cctv footage of the unfortunate incident.

https://m.timesofindia.com/videos/ci...w/62678908.cms

The bus was returning from Ganapati Pule to Kolhapur. Tragically, the bus was about to exit the bridge section when it seems to have taken a sharp 90 degree turn to crash into the railing and fall down.
Old 28th January 2018, 14:04   #25571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
A minibus, supposedly a Tempo Traveller, plunged into a river, killing 13 of a family. Here is the cctv footage of the unfortunate incident.

https://m.timesofindia.com/videos/ci...w/62678908.cms

The bus was returning from Ganapati Pule to Kolhapur. Tragically, the bus was about to exit the bridge section when it seems to have taken a sharp 90 degree turn to crash into the railing and fall down.
Oops! It is indeed a 90 degree turn. Not sure why it is called as driver lost control. The driver steered it to right few metres before where he was supposed to turn. Either he got blinded by the oncoming high beams and steered in panic thinking the curve has come, or blindly followed a slow GPS navigation.
Old 28th January 2018, 14:08   #25572
BHPian

There was an accident involving an Amaze on the Airport flyover ramp (towards airport) yesterday night. I was driving over to drop my spouse to the airport when I saw traffic piling up on the ramp and I could see a car turned turtle.

When I drove by, it appeared to be a high speed corner on the ramp gone wrong for the Amaze. We could see passports lying in the backseat - or rather the roof of the back seat but no blood. I will check if my dashcam captured any images and will look to add.

My wife inquired about the accident later on in airport and learned there was one casualty which was on the spot.

I have seen so many cars push the limits on these ramps without understanding the limits of their car and this incident was a sad reminder of what the end result can be. Not sure if it was poor tyres or just plain miscalculation when taking the long corner. The front of the car was smashed and was lying on the right lane of the one way which tells me it may have bounced off the parapet after smashing into it and turned turtle while rolling to the right.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 14:10   #25573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Oops! It is indeed a 90 degree turn. Not sure why it is called as driver lost control. The driver steered it to right few metres before where he was supposed to turn. Either he got blinded by the oncoming high beams and steered in panic thinking the curve has come, or blindly followed a slow GPS navigation.
This is just a speculation, but the driver could have dozed off, that could have resulted in such an extreme maneuver.

This being a commercial vehicle, we may assume the driver was familiar with the roads, and especially on a bridge, the railings on the left are illuminated in the headlights to provide a sense of direction, hence the guess.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 00:12   #25574
Senior - BHPian

If someone tells its not important to wear helmets for short rides, make them watch this video. Both of them knocked out cold, even though the speed was comparitively slow.

ecenandu is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 00:31   #25575
Senior - BHPian

Never thought I will post anything here which will be about someone I know

A dear friend and a colleague at my work place had been on a road trip to Rajasthan on his Harley Davidson Street Rod, while coming back something happened near Bharuch in Gujarat, the facts are unknown as the cops and people found him lying on the left side of the road with the bike fallen down and a big dent on the fuel tank.

They called the ambulance and the doctor declared him dead as soon as he got to him when the ambulance arrived. All his stuff was there except the Go Pro on the helmet which was missing, sounds very fishy. From the pictures the cop sent, there was blood on his nose, everything else seemed fine.

They performed his last rites today, first at the church and then to the burial ground. I was totally numb ever since I heard this as I was following his trip and he had shared a post on Instagram just some hours back before this incident happened. They were 4 in the family, his sister, mother, father and him.

He was such a keen rider that every weekend he used to head to the highway somewhere or the other, in a years time he had rode the bike for around 15-17 thousand km.

I wanted to buy a KTM 390 just for kicks when I got my appraisals and PLI in April-May, but looking at how people around you become, specially the closest ones like your parents when something untoward like this happens, I have decided to never touch a bike in my life, drive the car with utmost care and let the fun part during a drive take a backseat while enjoying whatever I can south of 100 kmph.

Today has left a very big impact on my mind, a jolt almost!
humyum is offline   (31) Thanks

Most Viewed