Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2018, 16:49   #26011
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

A video I came across today. This is one of my major fears while riding a 2 wheeler, getting sandwiched between two vehicles. Luckily the guys in this clip walked away with minimal injuries.
During the impact, the mini truck in front moved a little further which avoided some serious injuries to the bikers.
arun_josie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 18:25   #26012
Senior - BHPian

When will we have proper lanes for all types of vehicles and when will we learn to drive on those said lanes? :(

Our narrow state and it's narrow highways are a pain to drive for most. I wouldn't know too much though since i have been travelling by train the past few years.

Less stressful.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 20:42   #26013
BANNED

Quote:
Luckily the guys in this clip walked away with minimal injuries.

Put aside the guys on the motorcycle, even the truck drivers are also lucky there. Probably some piece of metal there worked as an energy transferring agent and not letting the guys be the one transferring the kinetic energy from the truck behind to the truck in front. Plain lucky!!

Lesson: Always maintain proper gap!

Today's incident:
I was driving the Ecosport en route to Jaipur, ahead of Dharuhera on NH8, I was overtaking a line of trucks while doing around 110 kph on a wide turn on the 6 lane highway, me on the outermost. Then came the nightmare, a truck directly heading towards me with his headlamps illuminated and I tell you guys; my car couldn't stop on time. It's probably the trucker left to me who anticipated the same and slowed down his truck to give me some space of squeezing in between the trucks. Rolled down my window and waved him, he replied with a half-a-second-horn!
VKumar is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 21:09   #26014
BHPian

Quote:
A video I came across today. This is one of my major fears while riding a 2 wheeler, getting sandwiched between two vehicles. Luckily the guys in this clip walked away with minimal injuries.
Wow, the 2 guys on the bike were really lucky. If the truck in the front hadn't moved, those 2 guys would have got sandwiched between the 2 trucks. While going through the video closely, it seems that the truck in the front was starting to move or was in neutral with his foot off the brake pedal, as the brake lights only start to glow after the track has moved a few feet due to the impact.

All these could have been avoided if all of them had maintained proper distance between themselves. The truck at the back wasn't simply keeping enough distance from the bike, even the bike had to do some emergency braking to stop in time. Still the most guilty one would be the truck at the back.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 27th March 2018 at 21:22.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 20:56   #26015
BHPian

Today while driving to Jaipur, I saw a haryana roadways bus standing in the median between the carriageway and the accident seemed to have just happened five minutes ago. I parked my car in a corner and went to check if any assistance is needed. Anyway, lot of crowd had gathered and two ambulances had arrived quickly and people were helping the injured to the ambulances. The bus was going toward delhi and had jumped the median and after travelling about 50 meters had hit a tree so hard that i took all the force and stopped the bus getting uprooted in the process.

The front driver side tyre was flat and the axle seemed to have broked down. The front window glass pane was gone but bus did not have major damage. Few people had minor bruises and may be minor fracture in the leg due to sudden impact.

I somehow could not convince myself to take a photo for posting and forwarding. It felt wrong somehow. I do not know why I felt that way.
autobahnjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 20:15   #26016
Distinguished - BHPian

Sent to me by one of my good friends.

Happened somewhere in North India. Apparently, the owner (driver) and co-occupant came out completely unhurt and safe.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180329wa0046.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180329wa0045.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180329wa0047.jpg

More details awaited.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 22:49   #26017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is one of my major fears while riding a 2 wheeler, getting sandwiched between two vehicles. Luckily the guys in this clip walked away with minimal injuries
That's why if I am waiting on the road or at a signal, I keep checking my rear view mirror to see if some moron is approaching at high speed.

Apart from the accident, did you notice; the mother daughter duo "walking away" from the scene, as if they purposely didn't want to be witnesses to the accident?

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 29th March 2018 at 22:50. Reason: Removed video
W.A.G.7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 23:59   #26018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Happened somewhere in North India.

More details awaited.
Details shared by the Nexon owner who was involved in that fateful accident (he wishes to remain anonymous):

Quote:
This happened on 1st December, 2017. Someone hit my Nexon from behind and the car hit the cement block on the side of the road and flipped over. The car kept on rolling over 2-3 more times before coming to a rest on it's side by the road side. I came out of the boot door. Thankfully, I was wearing the seatbelt and my turban also saved my head. It happened near Karnal, Haryana at around 2 AM.

I have lodged the FIR and the insurance claim, for which the payment is still pending.

It's really a miracle and good wishes of my loved ones that I came out unhurt from such a bad accident. This is the build quality of Tata Motors. I am thankful to my Tata dealer for providing the same car again (same variant & colour) within six days. You can contact me any time for more details.
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 02:55   #26019
Senior - BHPian

Providing a replacement car within 6 days is truly amazing.

Any idea what speeds the car was doing? That would give some indication on how to avoid such an accident.

The airbags seem to have inflatedand done their job pretty well.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 10:07   #26020
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Providing a replacement car within 6 days is truly amazing.
I hope he means "bought the same car again" , right ?
Old 30th March 2018, 12:59   #26021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Yes he did. Same car , same colour.
Co-incidentally while I was test driving Storme and Nexon yesterday, I was told about this same incident by the sales representative.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 17:12   #26022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
That's right, but still the dealer acted fast to provide the car in six days.

Even accounting for the possibility that the car may incidentally have been standing at the dealership ready, it is still commendable on the part of the dealer to close the deal so quickly.
Old 30th March 2018, 19:01   #26023
BHPian

The incident has also been covered by cartoq blog praising tata quality. Whats up with the blog and Tata.
Old 30th March 2018, 19:18   #26024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
The incident has also been covered by cartoq blog praising tata quality. Whats up with the blog and Tata.
Well, while it is bad that cartoq equates strong build quality with such accidents, we, informed enthusiasts make similar stupid comments here in this thread, equating accidents with weak build quality of Maruti without even knowing the circumstances and factors in an accident.

Misconceptions are everywhere!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 20:37   #26025
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
I am so much fed up of the BS this particular site is serving that I have started ignoring everything automotive in my Google news feed. They just write for the sake of writing, probably Dhinchak Pooja has joined them.

This is how one day my news feed was looking and just take a look at the titles of the articles
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20180320130117.png
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed