Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 11:27   #26401
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Anyone know more about this accident ?

Quote:
GURUGRAM: A 40-year-old man working in a leading international bank was killed after a truck crashed into his Royal Enfield bike on Saturday morning.
Tapabrata Mukherjee, 40, was on his way from Star mall to his newly bought home in Sector 92, police said.
Old 21st May 2018, 13:44   #26402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
Yesterday night I was driving from Kumbakonam to Bangalore with bla bla car friends and witnessed a terrific accident right in front of us in Trichy highway.
-----------------
Hope all of them are doing good with minor injuries.
Saddened to hear about this accident ! I have come across few such incidents in my life and the plight of those involved in accidents are beyond any words.

Further, apparently with no fault on Omni's side, all the Omni passengers were victimized, which happens in many accidents.

Thank god ! You did a wonderful job , which is scarce nowadays. I googled to find out the current status of those victims, but it's not fruitful. Wish, they are safe.

Just to know, did it happen between Kumbakonam and Thanjavur ? It is two lane and chances of such accidents very high, even in daylight. So, night travel is truly a nightmare in that stretch. To the extent I know, Thanjavur Trichy Highway has median throughout, in between.
Old 21st May 2018, 14:37   #26403
BHPian

Four persons, including two women, were killed on the spot and 25 others injured when a car coming to Theni from Madurai collided head on with a van going to Peraiyur on Andipatti-Theni Highway at Kanavai near Thimmarasanaickanur in Andipatti block on Sunday. When one of the tyres of the car burst, the car ran amuck and crashed against the van coming from the opposite direction. In the impact of collision, the roof of the car was ripped apart and all travellers in the car were thrown out. Many of them received head injuries.

Source : http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le23943345.ece
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ma21theniaccident.jpg  

Old 21st May 2018, 18:07   #26404
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this median climber at Thuravoor (Kochi, KL) around 3:45PM today. Looks like the accident happened only a little while ago.

While not visible in the snap, there was some kind of a sign board under the front - hit by the car perhaps ?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1526906217.536488.jpg
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:02   #26405
Senior - BHPian

Apparently Jadeja's wife met with an accident

My issue is with the fact that not one report questions why the cop chose to abuse a driver. THe outrage seems to be because it was Jadeja's wife.

IMO, it is never OK for a cop to touch a driver whatever accident. Even if there is misbehaviour, I think they are only entitled to arrest the person concerned; not assault them.

Why not one news report chooses to talk about that is beyond me.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:01   #26406
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this Dashcam video as a whatsapp forward. From the video I'm sure it is somewhere near Hebbagodi on Hosur road, Bengaluru. Not sure when it happened but chances are high that this happened in the last week...it has been raining heavily. Looks like the bus driver didn't spot the omni and decided to do a quick lane change to avoid the vehicle parked on the left most lane.
hemanth.anand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:05   #26407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Looks like the bus driver didn't spot the omni and decided to do a quick lane change to avoid the vehicle parked on the left most lane.
I am not even bothered about him changing lane and doing a fender bender with Omni, look what happens on the left rear after the bus comes to a stop.

The engine / luggage bay door opens and narrowly misses the bikers.

We would have witnessed decapitation of a biker LIVE in this video.

May those bikers live a long life here after.
prithm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:37   #26408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got this Dashcam video as a whatsapp forward. From the video I'm sure it is somewhere near Hebbagodi on Hosur road, Bengaluru. Not sure when it happened but chances are high that this happened in the last week...it has been raining heavily. Looks like the bus driver didn't spot the omni and decided to do a quick lane change to avoid the vehicle parked on the left most lane.
What is nuts is how fast everyone is driving in those conditions. The car recording the incident, the bus, the biker at the end - everyone!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:40   #26409
Senior - BHPian

Being a low floor would have helped in not letting the bus jump the divider and go the opposite lane and create more damage.
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:42   #26410
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the bus driver didn't spot the omni and decided to do a quick lane change to avoid the vehicle parked on the left most lane.
Omni or not, didn't look like the bus would've avoided the collision on the right anyway.
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:53   #26411
Senior - BHPian

On the way back from Valparai yesterday afternoon I saw this just before Tindivanam on the GST Road -

A car (which I couldn’t get a picture of but was totaled) had made a U turn at a break in the median, but didn’t notice an LPG tanker truck. The truck tried evasive action and hit the median barrier, it’s crew cab was bashed in. Luckily the LPG tank was intact. If that had caught fire and burst that’d be the end of everything within a few hundred metres.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4d5f53e075114a80bf544776409631bb.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 16:32   #26412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
We would have witnessed decapitation of a biker LIVE in this video.

May those bikers live a long life here after.
If not bikers, such open doors have killed pedestrians, last one as I know in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I always had a fear of running into such buses or trucks that had its Air filter cover open near the driver's cabin and damage my car but this accident is of a different kind that resulted in 2 deaths!
Link to Article: Times of India, Pune Edition

Quote:
PUNE: In a freak accident, two men were killed and a third seriously injured after the open door of the air-conditioning compartment of a Pune-Mumbai Shivneri bus hit them at a stop in Khadki along the Pune-Mumbai road around 8.30pm on Sunday.

Khadki police said the hydraulic door opened automatically after the bus hit a speed bump barely 50 metres before the accident spot. As it was passing the bus stop, the open door hit the three men standing there

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd May 2018 at 16:34.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 17:27   #26413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
The news article covered another accident

Quote:
Three persons were killed and 15 others injured when a private tourist bus proceeding to Bengaluru from Kanniyakumari crushed passengers of another tourist bus waiting on the roadside as their bus overturned at Nagampatti near Vedasandur in Dindigul district in the early hours of Sunday.

The deceased were Shaji (35) of Kollam, Rajan (70) and Shamun Jose (28) of Kottayam.

The injured were admitted to the Government Hospitals in Dindigul and Vedasandur.

The tourists bus, which was proceeding to Mangalore from Kottayam, overturned and fell into a gorge on the left side of National Highway-7 in the early hours of Sunday. Luckily no was injured in the accident.

Shaji, who was driving a mini-van transporting a life-size elephant doll for the inaugural function of a jewellery shop in Salem from Kollam, stopped his vehicle on the road near the accident spot and was rescuing the passengers caught in the tourist bus.

While the rescued passengers were waiting on the roadside, the accident took place.

The police sources said that the second bus driver, who saw the giant elephant doll in the dark, got puzzled, diverted the vehicle and rammed the crowd. Shaji was killed on the spot.
I was taking this route today and saw the bus still lying on it's side at the accident spot.
drivingme.crazy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 17:43   #26414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it just me or does the bus have enough space just to keep going ahead instead of having to swerve to the right?

Vehicle on the right had it's indicator on and the bus driver should have noticed that.

Lack of attention?
deathwalkr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 17:43   #26415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
I was taking this route today and saw the bus still lying on it's side at the accident spot.
That is a seriously freakish turn of events. And a downward spiral considering all the ill fortune these folks would have. A lot of 'what ifs'; one that I can think of is why the giant doll was not covered with something like a tarpaulin cloth.
More reason to stay away from the road (and even the shoulder) when you are not clearly visible.

may the deceased rest in peace.

Most Viewed