Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 12:25   #26776
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
For all those debating about Western countries vs India driving habits and pedestrian safety, please watch this video.
Whether Indian or anywhere, rules on pedestrian crossing remain same. The biker video will get added to the video compilation. That doesn't mean the vehicles running over pedestrians on the pedestrian crossing are right.

There is the talk of driving in the Indian context. The differences in the Indian context are,
* Folks are less courteous,
* Around 20% of the vehicles flout rules (which easily qualify to be fined on the spot),
* Traffic police don't maintain discipline on road, and
* There is general lax in adherence to traffic rules.

Except these, none of the other factors change. It is up to the Indian traffic management authorities & people to build the traffic environment they want to live in.

For instance, in the Indian context, two-wheelers drive on the footpath. People may argue that they take care not brush pedestrians, and they make more efficient use of available traffic (road + footpath) space. But that doesn't necessarily make them right.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 13:44   #26777
BANNED

WhatsApp message received.Today happend near Bangalore it seems.As per news car struck between bus and lorry
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180725wa0025.jpg  

Old 25th July 2018, 13:54   #26778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
WhatsApp message received.Today happend near Bangalore it seems.As per news car struck between bus and lorry
A known, distant young relative from Kateel, Mangalore. This happened yesterday night near Tumkur.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-b2e35318e4a94bc3973ee2ef1a3c53d1.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-40c98471f24a402490725fca59177f13.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-0f72b041c1c84293b8b1ab8b17d688e4.jpeg  

Last edited by navin : 26th July 2018 at 15:33. Reason: removed image
Gokrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 15:20   #26779
Senior - BHPian

That is the Kwid, isn't it? It has just crumbled like a chocolate wrapper. I have always felt the Kwid is a very unsafe car, especially at highway speeds.
Old 25th July 2018, 15:26   #26780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
That is the Kwid, isn't it? It has just crumbled like a chocolate wrapper. I have always felt the Kwid is a very unsafe car, especially at highway speeds.

You could replace KWID with A segment cars as all the cars in that segment would have faced the same fate. Singling out Kwid is unfair.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 15:29   #26781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
A known, distant young relative from Kateel, Mangalore. This happened yesterday night near Tumkur.
Any idea what happened? Hope your relative and other passengers are doing okay.
Old 25th July 2018, 15:44   #26782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Any idea what happened? Hope your relative and other passengers are doing okay.
No, he was the sole driver and he passed away in the impact. Since, I am in a different place, I couldn’t get the complete details.
Old 25th July 2018, 16:04   #26783
BHPian

Quote:
No, he was the sole driver and he passed away in the impact. Since, I am in a different place, I couldn’t get the complete details.
Sorry for the loss. May he rests in peace.

All the blood is on passenger's seat and nothing on driver's seat. Looks like he was not belted up, not that, it would have made much of a difference looking at car's condition.

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 25th July 2018 at 16:05.
Old 25th July 2018, 16:05   #26784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
The bus driver needs to be given an award for not having hit that rickshaw. Unfortunately, his efforts to save the rickshaw put his and his passengers lives in danger. I hope there were no serious injuries to any of them.
I also hope the auto driver is behind bars and is never allowed to drive again. Heights of stupidity. He escaped without a scratch after being the sole cause for sending several people to the hospital.
As for the MVD, their attitude must have been 'this is not our problem, why get involved'.
SCORPION is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 16:10   #26785
BANNED

Quote:
Four Engineering students were travelling in that car,two students passed away in the impact.Car first hit the lorry and then KSRTC Bus.Its really disturbing news.May God give their family the courage and strength to bear the loss.
Old 25th July 2018, 16:28   #26786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Sorry for the loss. May he rests in peace.

All the blood is on passenger's seat and nothing on driver's seat. Looks like he was not belted up, not that, it would have made much of a difference looking at car's condition.
It's alarming how unsafe our roads are. Heartfelt Condolences.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but cant the insurance vendor deny claims based on if the person was not wearing seat belts?
Old 25th July 2018, 17:39   #26787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
If there are, then either let them cross or indicate to pedestrians that the vehicle will be going ahead and when pedestrian positively confirms by body language, the vehicle may go ahead. This whole communication might take a second or less. But body language of pedestrian must be watched at all times.
Well said. Recently, when I was nearing a junction with zebra crossing, saw a couple waiting to cross the road. So, I slowed down and nodded my head to let them know to cross the road. They just started crossing and stopped suddenly because a Ola cab was zipping away in the junction, besides me overtaking from the left, without a care in the world. Lucky that they spotted the cab before crossing the road and stopped.
Old 25th July 2018, 19:33   #26788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
The video complaints about the MVD vehicle not stopping by to help the accident victims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
As for the MVD, their attitude must have been 'this is not our problem, why get involved'.

Police released a video showing the MVD vehicle stopping just beyond the first camera (but covered in another cam) and officers walking back to the accident site.

https://www.mathrubhumi.com/news/ker...lice-1.3002217

https://www.manoramaonline.com/fastt...la-police.html

Last edited by darklord : 25th July 2018 at 19:48.
darklord is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 20:29   #26789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

You could replace KWID with A segment cars as all the cars in that segment would have faced the same fate. Singling out Kwid is unfair.
We can never guage the forces borne by the vehicle at the time of impact by just looking at the pictures. Any other car could have possibly suffered the same fate as you rightly mentioned.

However, it is a well known fact that the majority of the cars sold in our Indian market are structurally unsafe and would not qualify to be sold in European or American markets without significant additional structural reinforcements.

There are cars sold in our market that would have resisted deformation of the passenger cell in a relatively better manner under similar circumstances, raising the survivability chances.

The onus is on us as consumers to demand euro standard crash worthy certification for every car sold in India and prioritize safety first. The local regulations will unfortunately continue to be lax for the foreseeable future and manufacturers will continue to dump flimsy cars in our market legally.

Link to one such incident where the passenger cell was intact inspite of being subjected to crushing forces between two trucks.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 25th July 2018 at 20:38.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 21:56   #26790
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
For all those debating about Western countries vs India driving habits and pedestrian safety, please watch this video.
Those 2 pedestrians ran into oncoming traffic and caused accident.
I don't think there is any debate left to do about speeds and slowing down and defensive driving etc.
As someone rightly said, those in favour of the suicidal act of the pedestrians, please share dashcam footage from your respective cars, for a date prior to that incident and judge yourself.
Many of the examples here are of vehicles being the guilty party and not just jaywalking pedestrians. Also, its russian dash cam footage - russian traffic behaviour is only slightly better than india. Far away from western europe, US etc
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks