Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2019, 11:40   #27931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
For me, it is difficult to judge because we don't know the speed of the vehicles prior to the accident.
Well, not the exact speed, but we can safely say that the combined speed of both the vehicles was well under 20kph at the time of impact.

Even if you switch off the engines of both the vehicles and manually push that Ertiga with the help of 2-3 guys into the front of that truck, the same result would be seen. That's what I can judge.

I think both the drivers have successfully avoided a real mishap by maybe braking in time as their speed seems to have been relatively within safe limits. The Army trucks are anyway not generally the type of vehicles which indulge in "speeding" as we call it. But I can safely say that if the vehicles were at highway speeds, we would have been talking about Ertiga salad instead. We all have witnessed uptil the very recent posts on this thread also how prone the new breed of Maruti are to becoming salad. Maybe the only type of salad that's totally not good for you.
pixantz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 17:37   #27932
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Apparently, this is an Elite i20 Asta(O) with 6 airbags after a rollover crash:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190218wa0019.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190218wa0018.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190218wa0021.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190218wa0020.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190218wa0023.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190218wa0022.jpg

Shouldn't the curtain airbags deploy in such cases?
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 18:50   #27933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
After all the harassment I go through due to these kind two wheelers, I have reached a point where I have started hating each and every two wheeler out there. This video is so satisfying to watch . Call me sadist-I don't care.
Aren't all generalisations wrong, including this one, as per certain Twain !?

Don't put EVERY 2wheeler rider in that bucket sir, there are sensible ones too!

Just kidding (well not really!), I'm an occasional biker but try to respect the laws of the road + more importantly the size of the vehicle passing by me! Never try to piss off the dangerous BMTC bus or butch SUV or even the puny rikshaw by exhibiting my wheelie skills in front of them, just take the safest side and allow those driving faster than me to pass by while maintaining decent speed-limits allowable/possible in that stretch of road.

Agree, a vast majority of 2wheeler riders ride very dangerously/carelessly - probably less educated/informed/ignorant !
KrisTvpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 19:01   #27934
Senior - BHPian

A bentayga hit an auto in Delhi. Extensive frontal damage to the car, which seems to have the W12 engine so retails at 4.4 crore in India.

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/auto...e-2040579.html
Old 18th February 2019, 19:10   #27935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Aren't all generalisations wrong, including this one, as per certain Twain !?

Don't put EVERY 2 wheeler rider in that bucket sir, there are sensible ones too!

Just kidding (well not really!), I'm an occasional biker but try to respect the laws of the road + more importantly the size of the vehicle passing by me! Never try to piss off the dangerous BMTC bus or butch SUV or even the puny rikshaw by exhibiting my wheelie skills in front of them, just take the safest side and allow those driving faster than me to pass by while maintaining decent speed-limits allowable/possible in that stretch of road.

Agree, a vast majority of 2 wheeler riders ride very dangerously/carelessly - probably less educated/informed/ignorant !
Incident happened about 2-3 years back when I was driving Ecosport and traffic in my area was manageable. Due to traffic, My car was stationery and I see a guy in 40's in formal clothing in my rear view mirror. He squeezes his RE Thunderbird and tries to go past me from left. There is a mud pile, he goes over it, loses balance and falls on my car causing a big dent. I politely asked "How many seconds were you planning to save?". He was a manager in a big MNC and being educated only positive I saw was he paid for the entire repair charge.

Since past 1 week I intentionally started tracking 2 wheeler's on the way to office and I would say 1 or 2 out of 100 follow rules. In ORR my heartbeat increases exponentially when I see those 2 wheeler's squeezing past 2 cars.
PrideRed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 21:08   #27936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
There has been a lot of debate on the build quality of new line of Maruti vehicles. This accident occurred today at Siliguri between an Ertiga and an army truck.
Damn, Hope the occupants are fine. Any contact with the army trucks is scary to say the least. Looks like an overtaking-attempt gone wrong.
Old 18th February 2019, 22:46   #27937
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This video is so satisfying to watch . Call me sadist-I don't care.
Count me in mate! I watched that moment at least ten times and felt very satisfied too.
Look at what that biker did and how he paid the price. Still feeling for the trucker, who would have faced a lot of harassment (HR 55 registration, if the driver in non-local, then even more trouble for him)

Once I ended up hitting a biker on my left with my ORVM, initially I was infuriated, but once out; I went and asked him if we car drivers also deserve to drive on the roads or we are supposed to climb the divider and move like monorail trains?
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 12:50   #27938
Senior - BHPian

Happened a few days before. No casualties. It hit with a Tempo Traveller.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1550560644144.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1550560660970.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1550560687312.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1550560714223.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1550560733225.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 19th February 2019 at 13:33. Reason: Typo corrected
foby.sebastian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 13:09   #27939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Happened a few days before. No casualties. It hit with a temporary traveller.
This is the same Volvo whose owner had issues with the dealership and later protested with those stickers. Later to that there were unverified reports that the windscreen of this was also damaged (after the sticker protest) and now this .

It could be co-incidental but 'anything' is possible!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th February 2019 at 14:06. Reason: Corrected typo.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 13:47   #27940
Distinguished - BHPian

Since a week, there is a Dzire lying on the median of NICE road near Bhannerghatta road exit in Bangalore. I do not have clear pictures of it but all that remains is nothing but one metal ball. It took me time to identify that as a Dzire. I have no idea how it has happened but chances of occupants surviving looks really bleak looking at the debris. The car looks like a crushed paper ball. anybody have got pictures of that?
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 13:50   #27941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Since a week, there is a Dzire lying on the median of NICE road near Bhannerghatta road exit in Bangalore. I do not have clear pictures of it but all that remains is nothing but one metal ball. It took me time to identify that as a Dzire. I have no idea how it has happened but chances of occupants surviving looks really bleak looking at the debris. The car looks like a crushed paper ball. anybody have got pictures of that?
I wanted to take pictures. A dumper had hit it from behind. After this I traveled twice but since I was driving WagonR and the Dashcam was at home due to service.

The metal ball is now covered with tarpaulin and remains unattended exactly a week after accident.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 13:53   #27942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is the same Volvo who's owner had issues with the dealership and later protested with those stickers. Later to that there were unverified reports that the windscreen of this was also damaged (after the sticker protest) and now this .

It could be co-incidental but 'anything' is possible!!
Yes the same vehicle. Luckily the owner is safe.
Old 19th February 2019, 19:06   #27943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Got this on WhatsApp today. Another idiot of a rider.
This happened in Bangalore's ecoworld this Tuesday. It was a lady as per reports. Luckily she also was spared of her life, thanks to the Traveller driver who braked just in the nick of time.
<<Video link removed. See quoted post>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Unfortunately, she succumbed to her injuries on the spot is what I heard from a colleague who was also returning home at the same time.

RIP.
^^This is wrong info.

The rider survived with multiple rib fracture and is recovering.

Also, this happened on Friday (15/2) (Yes, the timestamp is wrong)
bejoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 19:13   #27944
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Happened a few days before. No casualties. It hit with a Tempo Traveller.
More than the car, my eyes were stuck on something else, the number plate, specifically the number ‘369’. That’s DQ/Mammotty fame number. It’s definitely not their car, but 369 always makes me remember them.
Old 19th February 2019, 20:53   #27945
BHPian

A 20 year old woman riding pillion was thrown off the flyover after being hit by a vehicle. The video shows the woman hitting the pavement and falling from a height of 50ft. The victim Sapna, miraculously survived and is being treated for her injuries. Meanwhile, two other bikers suffered minor injuries.

https://www.timesnownews.com/videos/...n-camera/23964

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th February 2019 at 19:22. Reason: added youtube link
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks