Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 17:48   #2791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I passed Dairy circle crossroad about a couple of weeks ago. I dont recall noticing this new intiative. When was this installed?
Ohh! This is not new at all. In fact I've been seeing this right from time I landed in Bengaluru 2 years back. Since everything is horizontal about this message (not metaphorically speaking) it is hardly eye catching. Hence almost waste. I too saw this a good 2-3 months later that too when I was at a red signal.
Old 14th July 2009, 18:15   #2792
Senior - BHPian

LC was running away from the DRI? just kidding, they will most likely tinker it back to shape which is shoddy and flog it to some dealer/unknowing buyer. This is the most likely scenario as importing a spare body and fixing her would be cost prohibitive and even more so if she was underinvoiced so tinkering it is! The entire A pillar section is compromised and any amount of tinkering will never restore the structural integrity of the body save for completely replacing it

Last edited by canonball : 14th July 2009 at 18:19.
Old 14th July 2009, 23:03   #2793
BHPian

Here are some of accident pics black car is a honda accord...Dont know the location because the photo it was given to me by a frnd..as far as the laura is concerned it was taken on panvel highway..both cars in horrible condition especially the accord..Just wondering what might have happened

Note from Mods : Second warning. Please make sure you take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) before continuing. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled''.bmp (796.0 KB, 1155 views)
File Type: bmp untitled..bmp (781.2 KB, 824 views)
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (972.5 KB, 767 views)

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th July 2009 at 01:59. Reason: You must take a look a the note that has been posted at the bottom of this post.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:27   #2794
BHPian

My NHC that crashed in 2007

Here's my Honda City that I crashed across a divider on a pitch dark rainy night near AFMC, Pune back in 2007. I got out without a scratch (just a sprain in the neck) due to my habit of harnessing the seat belt. The side panels had been blown away and the bonnet had banged on the windshield before being totally crumpled. The car did a perfect roll mid air some 6-7 feet high and landed on it's feet bursting all the four wheels. Before coursing to a grinding halt she managed to topple again side ways. I was going at around 70KMPH on a perfectly wet road skiddy road.

I had taken these pics at the Deccan Honda service center just a day after.

Yeah! That's me in the red cap smiling for an apparent reason ... I was alive

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01244.jpg

I recently sold this car for Rs. 6.3 lacs clocked 12,000 kms and got me a new Fiat Linea E-Pk

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01242.jpg

Guys!!! Always wear a helmet and harness your seat belts. Even if you are going to get milk from just around the corner
inreverse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2009, 16:55   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
Here's my Honda City that I crashed across a divider on a pitch dark rainy night near AFMC, Pune back in 2007. I got out without a scratch (just a sprain in the neck) due to my habit of harnessing the seat belt. The side panels had been blown away and the bonnet had banged on the windshield before being totally crumpled. The car did a perfect roll mid air some 6-7 feet high and landed on it's feet bursting all the four wheels. Before coursing to a grinding halt she managed to topple again side ways. I was going at around 70KMPH on a perfectly wet road skiddy road.
@Inreverse I'm lost for words. The premium you paid for the 'H' badge, well, has paid back well and with a red cap too..

Err.. did you tell the new owner the ordeal the car went through ? Just curious. I won't say a word. I promise.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:34   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Err.. did you tell the new owner the ordeal the car went through ? Just curious. I won't say a word. I promise.
hahahaha even i wonder how many owners actually reveal these kind of accidents that their car has undergone. Is it really possible for the prospective buyer to find these?

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th July 2009 at 13:38. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:56   #2797
BHPian

Ofcourse for the sole reason that inreverse mentioned that "I had taken these pics at the Deccan Honda service center just a day after" the Honda would make a note of the same.
So the buyer would know of the car history unless he is born with a bump on his head,
Old 15th July 2009, 19:16   #2798
Distinguished - BHPian

Considering what that Honda has been through, it is in remarkably good condition. It did a hell of a good job protecting inreverse. I'm impressed.

Thank god it didn't land on its roof.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:32   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
@Inreverse I'm lost for words. The premium you paid for the 'H' badge, well, has paid back well and with a red cap too..

I didn't need to tell my 'Uncle' that this vehicle has met with an accident. He was the one who said he would buy it from me for Rs. 6.3 Lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
hahahaha even i wonder how many owners actually reveal these kind of accidents that their car has undergone. Is it really possible for the prospective buyer to find these?
I owe my life's respect to this Honda. Yes!!! It is very easy for folks who deal in denting and painting jobs to find out if the car had met with a major accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitv122 View Post
Ofcourse for the sole reason that inreverse mentioned that "I had taken these pics at the Deccan Honda service center just a day after" the Honda would make a note of the same.
So the buyer would know of the car history unless he is born with a bump on his head,
Yes! This is true Honda is upbeat with record keeping. All cars have an intact service record that you can ask for as long as the owner of the car accompanies you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Considering what that Honda has been through, it is in remarkably good condition. It did a hell of a good job protecting inreverse. I'm impressed.

I was driving all alone that night and no one was hurt. Definitely I owe my life's respect to this car and that's the one reason my uncle bought it from me. She is a life saver. I can only get nightmares thinking "What if she had landed on her roof?"

Guys! Be very very careful... Drive safely. Harness a seat belt. Have your family members do the same. It really pays off!!!
Old 17th July 2009, 11:57   #2800
BHPian

Quote:

<snip>

Guys!!! Always wear a helmet and harness your seat belts. Even if you are going to get milk from just around the corner
Whoa! With that kind of accident, I can understand one needs helmets while in the car too I know what you meant.

Glad you came out unscratched and got a good deal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

The upside down SUV scene from movie 'Crash' gives me goose-bumps every time I watch it.

I just now realized, just thinking of that scene gives me goose bumps.

I remember this line from that movie

Moving at the speed of life, we are bound to collide with each other.

So, I wear a seat-belt, prepared for the moment when I am going to collide.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th July 2009 at 12:05. Reason: Please avoid making back to back post, use Multi quote. thanks
Old 17th July 2009, 12:15   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
....Guys! Be very very careful... Drive safely. Harness a seat belt. Have your family members do the same. It really pays off!!!
Well inreverse, I have been through such an ordeal in May 2006, I was in the front seat, my friend who is the owner of the car which is just 3 weeks old was driving the car with another friend in the rear seat banged on a Tata Sumo. Since all three were wearing seat belts we just got out without any injuries, but the people in Tata Sumo which is overloaded as usual (around 10 people) had severe injuries.

The best part of that is, my friend who was sitting in the reat lost confidence on the driving and told me that "i will better put the seat belts", he doesnt seems to be driving in the right way. Till that time we both were not using the seat belt. After a while i thought whats the big deal, i will also put the seat belt. the car was just going fine at around 80 - 90 kmph, but the driver lost control over a turn and banged straight in to a Sumo. The whole accident still plays in my mind even after 3 years.

I will try to post the pics on Monday.
Old 17th July 2009, 12:17   #2802
BHPian

Sorry for going OT.

Hey Pachchu, We expect a ownership report of your Reva! That too of 2 years. I guess we don't have any Reva long term ownership reports here.

Edit: We have one here, but it's from UK.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-review-4.html

Last edited by Bouncer : 17th July 2009 at 12:27. Reason: Adding a link
Old 17th July 2009, 12:28   #2803
BHPian

In Pune Yesterday

These took place yesterday. Photo's as appeared in todays news paper.

First case driver run away after banging few vehicles, injuring two people and halting in a bus stop shed, happened on north main road, koregaon park area, Pune.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image144s.jpg

Here this rider was 100% safe and sound. Happened in front of Shaniwar Wada exit gate

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image145s.jpg
Old 17th July 2009, 12:41   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Sorry for going OT.

Hey Pachchu, We expect a ownership report of your Reva! That too of 2 years. I guess we don't have any Reva long term ownership reports here.

Edit: We have one here, but it's from UK.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-review-4.html
Sure. Let me work on that with some pictures. Given that it's a rare thing, I ought to do justice to it.
Old 17th July 2009, 14:31   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
First case driver run away after banging few vehicles, injuring two people and halting in a bus stop shed, happened on north main road, koregaon park area, Pune.
What car is that? is it a corolla or a feista ? And It is quite a miracle that the driver escaped on foot. The condition of the car does not look like anybody could come out of it unscathed!

Most Viewed