Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:14   #28426
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Clash of the Germans. Both the cars, both the airbags were deployed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190503_1308394752.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190503_131023089_hdr2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190503_131007309_hdr2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190503_1310149542.jpg  

arun1100 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 15:24   #28427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdsk View Post
Chennai Villivakkam DUI Accident

2 people, 1 seriously injured
Very shocking. How drunk does a person have to be to do that? Must have been almost unconscious.

I've no idea what the realistic consequences of such an accident here are, but that driver should spend time in prison. And maybe never be allowed to drive again.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:14   #28428
BHPian

Quote:

OMG!
Is that an accident or a murder. Seriously, looks like deliberately the man was overrun.
S.MJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 18:00   #28429
BHPian

Quote:

He was being chased by people for rash driving(ran over the legs of a women, demolished a junction box) before entering the street in the video. In the street, he ran over 2 persons and killed(murdered) them on the spot. The elderly woman was dragged under for quite a distance. He got caught since the street was a dead end.

How many more innocent lives should be lost, before stricter laws come for drunken driving?

For the extended video, watch from 0.35s.
Nimalan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 22:31   #28430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
he ran over 2 persons and killed(murdered) them on the spot.
It wasn't clear to me before that he killed both people. I so much hope this man goes to jail.

I don't have the stomach to watch further video.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 22:46   #28431
Team-BHP Support

That is no accident. That is murder. As a multiple homicide case, I pray he gets the death penalty or at the very least life in prison with no possibility of bail (ever).

Hope he rots in jail for his actions.
bblost is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 10:26   #28432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It wasn't clear to me before that he killed both people. I so much hope this man goes to jail.

I don't have the stomach to watch further video.

Apologies for the extreme reaction but with the current state of our judiciary he will be out on bail of a meagre thousand bucks and remain scot free for a few years before either a court or the MAT takes up the case for hearing.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th May 2019 at 10:32. Reason: Removing the aggressive line.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 14:42   #28433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Only an image of the scattered MID is available. Does this belong to older generations Honda City ?
Just out of curiosity, if the speedometer is stuck at the current speed, tachometer is stuck at current RPM, fuel gauge is stuck as well in some place, why is the temperature gauge cold? I am assuming at such speeds the temperature should be in the middle as well, after all the device to measure is not inside the cluster.

Personally I would not trust a stuck instrument cluster to determine speed at the time of collision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Totally agree that most people lose their perspective when driving at speeds of 120 and above.
When youngsters are in a group, there is a chance they egg-on the driver to drive even faster.

Quote:
Chennai Villivakkam DUI Accident. 2 people, 1 seriously injured
This guy should not be allowed back in normal society without a proper prison time of a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Clash of the Germans. Both the cars, both the airbags were deployed.
They are indeed well engineered cars. Although it pains to see that such a fender bender.

Last edited by SDP : 5th May 2019 at 13:19. Reason: typo
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 18:25   #28434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Just out of curiosity, if the speedometer is stuck at the current speed, tachometer is stuck at current RPM, fuel gauge is stuck as well in some place, why is the temperature gauge cold? I am assuming at such speeds the temperature should be in the middle as well, after all the device to measure is not inside the cluster.

Personally I would not trust a stuck instrument cluster to determine speed at the time of collision.
It might not be a major forensic evidence if the cluster is found in this way since there can be a chance of tampering.. But it is definitely an indicative proof of not everything being alright. Regarding the temperature gauge, if the engine bay took the impact first, there is the possibility of the temperature sensor getting disconnected or losing power before the instrument cluster did. In this case I believe the engine has dismounted from the car. It would have taken away the vehicle speed and engine speed sensors too but the timing would have varied.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 19:40   #28435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
At 140kmph, the driver would have to look far ahead beyond a 1000 feet to see if anything is in its path, this is humanly not possible which is why most countries have a top/national road speed limit of a 110 or 120kmph. At 80kmph, the stopping distance is much lower at about a 100 metres or 300 feet needed to come to a stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Also, the consequential adrenaline rush (totally a normal bodily adaptation to that situation) clouds judgement and impairs reaction times in such ways that people who aren't well versed with such speeds, either underestimate or overestimate what to do next when an obstacle appears, leading to gruesome consequences.
What you have pointed out is the very fundamental that average driver forgets in the false sense of invincibility inside the metal cage called car.

From personal experience : I find driving between 90~95kmph, even on highways that permit 100~120 kmph, quite stress-free. And total time difference w.r.t. driving at 120 kmph isn't significant as there are less brake applications while driving on lower speeds.

On highways where permitted speeds are 90 kmph, I prefer to drive at 85~90 kmph.

I have been called a lame driver by friends and family; but I have grown thick skin .
AutoNoob is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 19:54   #28436
BHPian

Just got news about a bus accident at a place called Ghata Billod near Indore, M.P. From the video it looks like the driver simply dozed off.

Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190504wa0066.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190504wa0067.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190504wa0068.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190504wa0069.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190504wa0071.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 21:10   #28437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Just got news about a bus accident at a place called Ghata Billod near Indore, M.P. From the video it looks like the driver simply dozed off.
Does not look like the driver dozed off. At around 5-7 seconds the bus seems to turn a bit to aim for this particular lane, probably the only open lane available for transaction. However the bus does not slow down for the speed breakers immediately after, could be a case of brake failure.

Horrific results. This is one instance that always plays through my mind at any toll gate after having seen some scary videos from around the world of lorries and busses plowing through cars at a toll booth.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 21:34   #28438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Just got news about a bus accident at a place called Ghata Billod near Indore, M.P.
I don't think the driver dozed off. Because had it been so, the bus could not have entered that lane accurately.
Instead brake failure seems to be the reason.
Old 5th May 2019, 01:25   #28439
BHPian

Just passed by a multi car crash on Bangalore Airport Road, good thing no one is injured. Spoke to the Innova & Baleno drivers, both were fine and no injuries. I just helped the crowd to move the crashed vehicles aside, to ease the traffic jam.

Surprising to see no airbags deployed in Baleno & Innova Crysta.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2019 at 15:47. Reason: Typo
SS80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 23:39   #28440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
I don't think the driver dozed off. Because had it been so, the bus could not have entered that lane accurately.
Instead brake failure seems to be the reason.
Looks like the driver didn't see the all black truck which was staying in the shadow of the toll booth. While watching the video I didn't realize that there was a truck already in the lane.

it could also possible that the drive got blind eyed immediately after entering into a shadow/dark area from a bright light for few seconds and hit the truck.

Most Viewed