Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 21:44   #28546
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Took place somewhere in Navi Mumbai.
Just another case of not maintaining safe distance.
The Alto seems to have taken the maximum hit here with significant damage.Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1558368418200.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1558368420776.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1558368425705.jpg

Source - Facebook.
OverKill is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 14:15   #28547
BHPian

Did the Alto hit the Skoda? Where is the damage on Skoda

Last edited by ajmat : 21st May 2019 at 17:46.
Old 21st May 2019, 14:42   #28548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
Did the Alto hit the Soda? Where is the damage on Skoda

It looks like the rear fender, being flexible, would have "popped" (pun unintended) back into shape.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 15:39   #28549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Spotted this overturned car (Figo ?) near Moovaattupuzha today morning. Looked like the accident happened only a little while ago - no idea of the cause. If not for the trees, the car might have fallen into the low-lying field behind.
Attachment 1877536
Looks like this accident with a mini-lorry. All the 4 occupants escaped with minor injuries. Happened @ early morning 4am as per the news.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 16:28   #28550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Just another case of not maintaining safe distance.
...and just another case of crumple zones at work!
If I were the Skoda owner, I would also check the boot lock. many times That would've bent and once the boot is open, it may not close back. And most of the times, any damage to that is invisible at first sight.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 17:25   #28551
BHPian

Happened to me last week, on the way back from work.

Dash-cams should be made mandatory for all cars IMO.
grease.monkey is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 18:13   #28552
BHPian

Tata Hexa and bus head on collision.
Quote:
Hexa owner Karan Nanda, and his driver survive the accident. Oncoming bus was overtaking truck. Ahead of the truck was a tractor loaded with sugarcane which prevented the bus from getting back into the lane which is why the bus came onto the Hexa lane and collided. Owner says, bus was at 80 kmph, Hexa was at 40 kmph.

Karan was on a business trip, and was heading to Pilibhit from Lakhimpur. Accident took place at a place called Puranpur.
Source: Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190521_180543.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190521_180559.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190521_180636.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190521_180616.jpg  

Last edited by Neeraj1903 : 21st May 2019 at 18:15.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:45   #28553
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
It looks like the rear fender, being flexible, would have "popped" (pun unintended) back into shape.
And that ‘popping’ might have caused more damage to the Alto (pun very much intended)
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 21:19   #28554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
Did the Alto hit the Skoda? Where is the damage on Skoda
Is it just me who has spotted the shattered RHS tailight? Or am I wrong about this.The alto is done for I guess.The impact has transferred the forces to the A-pillar which looks very scary.
TSIVTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 21:31   #28555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
Happened to me last week, on the way back from work. ...
You had the misfortune to meet a real moron there. Lucky escape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Oncoming bus was overtaking truck. Ahead of the truck was a tractor loaded with sugarcane which prevented the bus from getting back into the lane which is why the bus came onto the Hexa lane and collided.
OK, so probably no doubt that the bus driver was to blame, overtaking without knowing he could complete it safely and in the face of oncoming traffic, but couldn't the truck driver have dropped back to let him in?

Couldn't the bus driver have braked sharply and got back behind the truck? Did he expect oncoming traffic to just vanish?

Can't help wondering if those people had any concern at all for the lives of others.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:27   #28556
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
Happened to me last week, on the way back from work.
looks like the signal at palarivattom (kakkanad road crossing NH) in kochi. Next time you are the first car at the head of a stream of vehicles stopped for a red, be double careful when you actually cross the cross-roads, as soon as it becomes green.
I make it a point that if I'm the first car stopped at a red, either I allow people behind me to get ahead at green or take off really slow after its green. I get many angry honks and enraged looks, but I follow it always.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:27   #28557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
The Alto seems to have taken the maximum hit here with significant damage.Attachment 1877623

Attachment 1877624

Attachment 1877625
Vulnerable rears exist on the Etios, Ciaz, DZire, Aspire while most hatches and MUVs take hits better.

Most old gen cars have strongly built rear frames.

The front crumples while the rear stays put.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:14   #28558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
looks like the signal at palarivattom (kakkanad road crossing NH) in kochi.
Yes. It was at Palarivattom Junction.

Quote:
Next time you are the first car at the head of a stream of vehicles stopped for a red, be double careful when you actually cross the cross-roads, as soon as it becomes green.
I follow that whenever it's possible. Double checking a four-lane highway, with the traffic and fly-over pillars at one end, would be almost impossible. If you look closely, the Brezza was obstructing my view of the traffic from that side. I saw the Alto in the nick of time and was able to brake safely.

Quote:
I make it a point that if I'm the first car stopped at a red, either I allow people behind me to get ahead at green or take off really slow after its green. I get many angry honks and enraged looks, but I follow it always.
If someone decides to jump a red-light like this, if not your car, the vehicle you let ahead might end up in the accident.

I waited for a few seconds, after the signal turned green and proceeded very slowly. The Alto-guy saw the red light, didn't even slow down, crossed the junction at the same speed without caring, missing vehicles from both the sides by a whisker.

I would have only suffered car damages, if the car had hit. There were a few scooters crossing from the opposite side. The riders would have been badly injured. And one of them didn't even have a helmet on

Last edited by grease.monkey : 22nd May 2019 at 11:20.
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:22   #28559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Is it just me who has spotted the shattered RHS tailight? Or am I wrong about this.The alto is done for I guess.The impact has transferred the forces to the A-pillar which looks very scary.
Actually more than the tail lamp. The bumper clips of the Superb seem to have been dislodged. Looks like the bumper did it's job.
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:03   #28560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Tata Hexa and bus head on collision.

Hexa owner Karan Nanda, and his driver survive the accident. Oncoming bus was overtaking truck. Ahead of the truck was a tractor loaded with sugarcane which prevented the bus from getting back into the lane which is why the bus came onto the Hexa lane and collided. Owner says, bus was at 80 kmph, Hexa was at 40 kmph.

Karan was on a business trip, and was heading to Pilibhit from Lakhimpur. Accident took place at a place called Puranpur.
You know, sometimes I think its the ego, 'How dare he come onto me like this, let me pressurize him to move back to his lane by going head on onto him, he will either brake or go back in his lane fast, it will teach him a lesson to not do it again'

I have seen people instead of giving way to the overtaking vehicle, most of the time, end up going into them and move out at the last second when they realize its either a collision or they move out.

In my hundreds of highway trips some even on single lane roads, when someone comes over my head on the highway from the opposite side, I behave like I care about my life, the life of its its passengers and my car the most, brake, move out of his way, go down the road too and just let them pass without even trying to put any kind of pressure on him to move out of my way, why should it be a touch and go at all when I can help it otherwise?
humyum is online now   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks