Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2019, 22:53   #28666
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
So a BP tanker has an accident and the fuel starts leaking onto the road. What are we expected to do about it? Yes, of course - We stand in queue with our bucket to collect our free fuel. What could possibly go wrong here ?
What the actual eff? I remember that Pakistan accident which happened in 2017 & it was horrifying. Why are people so ignorant about their lives in this country? What is going on their minds? What kind of food are they consuming which is making them do this kind of dumb act? Collecting fuel in steel pots so that they can run their stupid Splendors on free fuel & wreak havoc in the city.

Last edited by ampere : 5th June 2019 at 23:38. Reason: removed video link from quoted post
kumaranurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 09:36   #28667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So a BP tanker has an accident and the fuel starts leaking onto the road. What are we expected to do about it? Yes, of course - We stand in queue with our bucket to collect our free fuel. What could possibly go wrong here ?
Depends on the type of fuel. If its petrol or kerosene then things can go wrong real fast. If diesel or other heavy fuel then not much of a fire hazard.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 10:38   #28668
BHPian

That BP tanker seems to be drivable, driver should have reversed or move it out of the live traffic.

I remember similar incident reported in Kolkata a few years back. The tanker driver drove to a nearby road side water body & reversed it straight down in that road side water body.

No matter how much we talk about the risk of getting free fuel like that but it's harsh reality. Rather focusing on that, we should raise our voice towards the emergency management plan for fuel companies while transportation. How was the driver & helper trained to handle a fuel leak? Do they even have any such protocol?
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 11:31   #28669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
No matter how much we talk about the risk of getting free fuel like that but it's harsh reality. Rather focusing on that, we should raise our voice towards the emergency management plan for fuel companies while transportation.
Not sure if you really mean it this way but it comes across as - 'people will remain fools, better create processes to safeguard them from foolishness'.

Unfortunately my friend, we can't fool proof everything in life
People must start respecting safety in everyday life, if they care for their own lives. That's how human race will evolve in coming times, I hope.
Google "darwins award" for more details on these lines
Acharya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 14:01   #28670
BHPian

Bike riders need to be really careful when driving; they put too much trust on the bus/car driver's skills.

Today a bike rider tried squeezing through between a BMTC (bangalore bus) and a Tempo traveller on Mysore road; The bus slightly turned right only to hit the bike. Thankfully there was not enough space for the bike to topple.

I agree that filtering is legal, but not at the cost of other person's vehicle or the biker's own life. How many times, I have had my ORVMs clipped or rear wheel arches scratched by bikes filtering through traffic. In any traffic signal in bangalore almost 20 bikes filter through, and I have 7 signals from my home to office which means ~140 bikes filtering through near my car. even if only 0.5% of bike riders are unskilled or rash it means 10-12 bumps/scratches on my car a month. Imagine the tension, no wonder car drivers don't like to leave way for bikers to pass.

Last edited by silvercloud : 6th June 2019 at 14:24.
silvercloud is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 17:40   #28671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
Bike riders need to be really careful when driving; they put too much trust on the bus/car driver's skills. ... ... ...even if only 0.5% of bike riders are unskilled or rash
No decimal points needed. I am afraid that it is more like 95.0%.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 08:35   #28672
BHPian

Quoting this from a Facebook post. Credit to the respective owner.

Quote:
One more life saver from Ecosport😍

I was riding at a speed of 80Km and a test drive Benz hit me hard at the back.

The car skid almost 180° and landed few meters away, side of the road in a flat surface.

Thank God no one gets hurt. My wife sitting front and my 4 year old son standing.

We feel the impact was so light inside the car.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1559876256833.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1559876254489.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1559876252107.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1559876249544.jpg
HarshGtR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 08:51   #28673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Quoting this from a Facebook post. Credit to the respective owner.

[
Kid standing?
I'm just so glad that things didn't go bad for him.
And I hope that ecosport owners don't take this as validation that kids can move about unbelted in a car, any car.
mayankk is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 10:23   #28674
BHPian

Quote:
Accidents waiting to happen - Can you spot all the traffic violations in this pic?

Mods - Please move or remove this post if inappropriate for this thread.
Everyday sight in Kerala. I am fed up with these private bus drivers who think they own the road. When will Kerala Police get out of their comfort zones and drop super heavy fines on the heads of these miscreants? That'll teach them to never ever make that mistake again.

Even today, I almost got hit by a speeding private bus, was approaching a blind turn and this uneducated fellow thinks a blind corner is the perfect spot to overtake a minilorry. Escaped by an inch or two, otherwise would have been in a hospital today. Didn't have a dashcam, so couldn't make a video.

I guess I'll look for a good dashcam solution soon, and then forward the clips of offences to the respective team bhp thread and the KP twitter handle.

Last edited by SaiSW : 7th June 2019 at 10:31. Reason: Small edit
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 12:47   #28675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Everyday sight in Kerala. I am fed up with these private bus drivers who think they own the road. When will Kerala Police get out of their comfort zones and drop super heavy fines on the heads of these miscreants? That'll teach them to never ever make that mistake again.

Hey you guys have it easy down south! You aint seen private buses till you've driven the Calicut-Kannur route!
Over here, you won't be able to tell if it was a near miss or attempted murder!
GeneralJazz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 12:52   #28676
BHPian

A well known young chap to me perished in this horrible road accident that happened on midnight of may 30th in AP. The ill fated vehicle was identified in the water only by 8 am the next morning as that road is usually deserted and dangerously narrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-capture.png  

Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 21:31   #28677
Distinguished - BHPian

There's been a deadly crash near Tirupati at 5AM today. I suspect from the pic in the article ( link below) that the car is a yellow board Xylo:

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le27637544.ece

Quote:
Six killed, four injured in road accident near Renigunta

TIRUPATI 07 JUNE 2019

Six persons were killed and four injured when a four-wheeler in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary truck at Guravarajupalle in Renigunta mandal of Chittoor district in the early hours of Friday.

After successfully performing a wedding, the family hailing from Rudravaram village in Achampeta mandal of Guntur district was on a pilgrimage to Tirupati for a darshan of Lord Venkateswara when the accident occurred. Their SUV reached Guravarajupalle on the outskirts of Tirupati around 5 a.m. when the driver Prem Raj (35) apparently failed to observe the truck parked on the road and rammed straight into the heavy vehicle from behind.

The high-impact accident made the four-wheeler’s bonnet resemble a mangled mass of metal. On coming to know of the incident, the Renigunta Urban police led by Circle Inspector Siva Ramudu immediately rushed to the spot, cleared the traffic and extricated the bodies that got badly entangled inside the vehicle.

Vijaya Bharati (38), Prasanna (14), Chennakesava Reddy (12), Ankaiah (45) and driver Prem Raj (35) perished on the spot, while another woman died on being shifted to Sri Venkateswara Ramnarain Ruia Government General Hospital in Tirupati. Four more inmates of the vehicle, who sustained grievous injuries, are getting treated at the hospital.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 21:54   #28678
Senior - BHPian

Noida cops will now book anyone caught taking selfies with accident victims

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...XJRyxNVAJ.html
hserus is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 22:27   #28679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Hey you guys have it easy down south! You aint seen private buses till you've driven the Calicut-Kannur route!
Same goes for the road between Nandakumar and Digha, a stretch between Kolkata and Digha. I am so petrified of multiple near head-on misses that I had started taking a 40 Km detour.
Wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 08:19   #28680
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki starts home delivery of new cars.

Looks like someone dozed off on the highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190608_081802.jpg  

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 8th June 2019 at 08:47.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (23) Thanks

Most Viewed